We officially crossed the line into Spring this week. The birds are singing, the sun is sticking around a little longer and retailers are starting their Spring sales. We've rounded up some of these spring sales, along with other design and home related events, for this Weekend Guide. Check it all out, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event for future editions of the Guide.
Shown Matthew Izzo Sping Is Coming Event, Curated Goods Grand Opening, Lekker Home's 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale, SFERRA Fine Linens Sample Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- AllModern Indoor Outdoor Event Save up to 25% on top selling indoor-outdoor furniture.
- Lumens The Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, Fritz Hansen, Kartell + more.
- Artemide Spring Sale Artemide is hosting a national spring sale this March. All Design fixtures are 15% off, including classics such as the Tizio, Nesso, Tolomeo and more!
- Rutherford Papers Sale Save up to 30% off nearly all stationery and gift items (some exclusions apply).
- FLOR Free Shipping Offer Now is a great time to visit your local FLOR store. Their Possibility Studio offers all the tools and expert adviceyou need to create a one-of-a-kind composition of carpet design squares. And, for a limited time, enjoy free shipping to your home.Online and in stores
- YOLO Colorhouse Paint Samples at HomeDepot.com YOLO Colorhouse paint samples - The Big Chips - are 25% off. The Big Chips are 12" x 16" of pure color; more color, less mess! YOLO Colorhouse paints are low odor and zero VOC.
- BoConcept NY Spring Cleaning Sale It's time for Spring cleaning! Out with the old and in with these new deals from BoConcept. The new Lagoni sofa starts at an introduction price of $1,995 and is in stock and ready to deliver within 2-3 weeks. Also check out lamps at 20% off. To make room for a new collection, all floor models in stores are up to 50% off. And accessories are as much as 70% off.
- Design Public Cerno Sale 20% off Cerno Lighting.
- Nest Bedding Easy Breather Sale Nest Bedding is celebrating a new product launch by offering a discount. Their USA made Easy Breather Support Pillows are an innovative new design with shredded memory foam that supports, cushions and sleeps cool, making it breathable and the proper support provides open air passages.
- Jayson Home/ Spring Upholstery Sale The Spring Upholstery Sale features 20% off all upholstered furniture, including the entire new spring collection. The 20% off sale price is good on all custom orders as well as in stock pieces.
- Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save 20% on free standing kitchens cabinets and bathroom furniture; and 10% off on custom pieces.
- Matthew Izzo Sping Is Coming Event Bold Colors. Clean lines. Vintage Modern looks. Always a great price. Matthew Izzo is getting ready for spring.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- Lekker Home's 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale Lekker is celebrating 10 Years and they’re kicking things off with a 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale. Join them for celebratory toasts, tastes and treats. As a thank you to customers they’ll be holding a private sale with special deals, door prizes and gifts. There are also exclusive specials with up to 50% off in savings from such designs brands as Area Bedding, Blomus, Ethnicraft, Marie’s Corner, Menu, Modern Twist, Studio Patro and Teroforma. These Exclusive Specials will be announced each week through April.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
- Randolph Street Market Spring Fling Sally Schwartz, the Chicago Vintage Market Pioneer, is thrilled to announce Randolph Street Market’s "Spring FLing", bringing vintage aficionados the best indoor Winter Shopping Market. It might still be freezing, but Randolph Street Market is thinking Spring! And to prove it, shoppers who don their finest Easter bonnets will gain free entry and there will be hidden Easter Eggs containing Market Bucks, Season Passes, sweet treats and more. Join the treasure hunt to uncover these hidden gems!
Randolph Street Market | 1340 West Washington Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60607
3/23 - 3/24: 10am - 5pm
- Wright Modern Design Auction Wright's Modern Design auction opens the spring season, featuring works by the 20th century's best known designers including Charles and Ray Eames, George Nelson & Associates, Mies van der Rohe, Paul Evans and more.
Wright | 1440 West Hubbard, Chicago, Illinoi 60642
- She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media - and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
- FLOR Dallas Design Off and Open House Event In celebration of the new FLOR store location, please join FLOR for cocktails, light bites and their first-ever "Design-Off" challenge. Two teams of designers, each creating a unique room vignette with FLOR carpet design squares — your vote decides the winner. Two lucky raffle winners will take the final designs home.
FLOR | 4527 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75205
3/27: 5:30pm - 8pm
- Curated Goods Grand Opening Philadelphia's top vintage home, art, clothing and accessories store is opening its doors in Southern California. Stop in and receive 15% off all purchases over $100.
Curated Goods | 1675 Superior Avenue, Costa Mesa, California 92627
- George Hurrell: From Laguna to Hollywood Check out this exhibition of photographs from the permanent collection by noted Hollywood glamour photographer George Hurrell (1904-1992). By 1930 Hurrell was the head of the MGM portrait gallery and he was soon dubbed the "Grand Seigneur of the Hollywood Portrait." This exhibition presents a selection of about forty works.
Laguna Art Museum | 307 Cliff Drive, Laguna Beach, California 92651
- MoMA Design Store Children's Author Series Joe McKendry teaches painting and illustration at the Rhode Island School of Design. His new book, One Times Square, explores the story of this fascinating intersection and features lush watercolors that tell little-known stories behind some of the area's landmark buildings. McKendry's reading of One Times Square will be accompanied by a presentation on his watercolor and illustration techniques. Ages 7 to 16.
MoMA Design Store | 81 Spring Street, New York, New York 10012
3/23: 11am - 12pm
- Architectural Digest Home Show A world of design inspiration awaits at the 12th annual Architectural Digest Home Design Show. Explore the latest products for the home. Shop from new and established brands. Get inspired by new ideas and insight from top talents in the industry.
Pier 94 | 55th Street at Twelfth Avenue, New York, New York 10019
- SFERRA Fine Linens Sample Sale This sale will feature down comforters & pillows, blankets, sheets, duvet covers, throws, decorative pillows, table linens, towels, bathrobes, and more. The Prive Space @ Chelsea Market | 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, New York 10011
3/27 - 3/31
- Kartell Floor Sample Sale Save 50-60% off retail on select floor samples at Kartell's flagship store.
Kartell | 39 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
- Rosie Schaap Book Reading/Signing of "Drinking With Men" Rosie Schaap writes the "Drink" column for The New York Times Magazine. She has also been a bartender, a fortuneteller, a librarian at a paranormal society, an English teacher, an editor, a preacher, a community organizer, and a manager of homeless shelters. Drinking alongside artists and expats, ironworkers and soccer fanatics, Schaap finds that bars offer a safe haven, a respite, a place to feel most like herself. In rich, colorful prose, she brings to life these sometimes seedy, but warm and wonderful rooms. Drinking With Men is a love letter to the bars, pubs and taverns that have been Schaap's refuge, and a celebration of the uniquely civilizing source of community that is bar culture at its best.
Meg Cohen Design Shop | 59 Thompson Street, New York, New York 10012
3/28: 6pm - 8pm
- Film Biz Recycling Sticker Sale Film Biz Recycling recently launched a50% off sticker sale on select items every Saturday & Sunday!
Film Biz Recycling | 540 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215
Saturdays and Sundays: 12pm - 7pm
- East x East From the far-east to the east coast, ABC Carpet & Home is pleased to bring you "East x East," a premiere exhibition of over 300 Chinese antique rugs dating from the mid 19th century to the early 1930's. This collection is composed of some of the most unique rugs in the market today. Highly sought after by collectors and consumers alike, Chinese Art Deco rugs of this sort are widely appreciated for their individuality, just as any truly great work of art. For the first time, this assortment of unusual and rare Ninxghia, Peking's, Mongolians Khotans and Art Deco Chinese rugs, will be available for purchase at ABC Carpet & Home. ABC Carpet & Home Antique Rug Gallery | 888 Broadway, 6 Floor, New York, New York 10003
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
Exhibit: Through 4/27
- Nantucket Home Warehouse Sale Huge warehouse sale for one day only. Nantucket Home is offering 50% off and up on all products at their Willow Street Warehouse.
Nantucket Home Warehouse | 1017 Willow Street, Chico, California 95928
3/26: 9am - 4pm
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Spring Soiree and Sale at Community Forklift Say goodbye to winter at Community Forklift’s Fourth Annual Spring Soiree & Sale. Located a few minutes outside Northeast DC, Community Forklift is a reuse center for home improvement supplies. The non-profit picks up donations of modern and vintage building materials throughout the DC region, then provides these items to the public at very low cost and distributes free materials to civic groups and families in need. The public is invited to the huge thrift warehouse to enjoy lunch on the grill, raffle contests, music, and FREE vegetable & flower seed packets. Attendees are encouraged to wear their jauntiest hat, spring dress or seersucker suit. Leashed pets are welcome to dress up too. Sarah & Samantha, an event photography company, is providing a themed photo booth to capture the fun.
Community Forklift | 4671 Tanglewood Drive, Edmonston, Maryland 20781
3/23: 9am - 5pm
- Belfort Furniture Warehouse Sale An enormous selection of name brands you know including Bernhardt, Broyhill, Kincaid, Rowe, Stanley, and more. Discounted furniture including sofas and living room, dining room, bedroom, mattresses, and rugs! New Clearance Center introductions including closeouts from Stanley's Young America and Designer Upholstery Market Samples from Rowe Furniture.
Belfort Furniture | 22250 Shaw Road, Dulles, Virginia 20166
- Opening Reception: Abstract Concrete Heiner Contemporary is pleased to announce Concrete Abstract, a group exhibition curated by Matthew Smith that explores the confluence of abstraction with the everyday, featuring work by Seth Adelsberger, Lisa Dillin, Jeremy Flick, Steven Frost, Sue Johnson, Becca Kallem, Patrick McDonough, Danielle Mysliwiec, and Matthew Smith.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
Exhibit: Through 4/20
- The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank The Embassy of Sweden in DC is hosting an exhibit called "The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank," a textile and furniture showcase from iconic architect and designer Josef Frank. Designer and architect Josef Frank was a pioneer in modern Swedish design for his boldly patterned textiles and his striking and whimsical furniture. He donated his legacy of designs to interior decorating and design firm Svenskt Tenn, which he had collaborated with for decades. This exhibition allows guests to see some of his textile and furniture designs up close.
The Embassy of Sweden | 2900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007