Earlier this week we officially crossed over into spring. Hooray! It's time to throw open the windows, jump into spring cleaning, and maybe do a little redecorating while we're at it! To help with the latter, we've rounded up the week's best sales and events in our Weekend Guide. Check it out, pass it on and send us your own sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Baker Interiors Designer Sale Save an additional 10% on Baker's designer collections.
Online and in showrooms
• Cuddledown 400 Thread Count Sateen Sheet Sale Cuddledown's most popular 400 Thread Count Sateen sheets are on sale now. Plus, this week's weekly special is a Fleece-Lined Pique Spa Wrap Robe, marked down to $53.
• Green Depot Baby Sale Made from 100% organic cotton, Green Depot brand Baby Products are unbleached and undyed. Bibs, onesies, blankets, wash cloths, and more - all healthy for the infants in your life, and the planet they'll grow up on - are all up to 70% off.
• Alessi Time Is Money Sales Promotion Alessi is offering a special Daylight Savings promotion of 20% off all watches, clocks and timers with a special 40% off the blue Luna wristwatch.
Online and in stores
• Pompanoosuc Mills Spring Sale 20% off standard Pompanoosuc Mills furniture orders plus free, local delivery on qualifying orders.
• Jayson Home Upholstery Sale Take 20% off all upholstered furniture including custom orders.
• AllModern Fatboy Outdoor Sale Save 20% on the Fatboy outdoor collection at AllModern.
• Andersen Exterior Trim Design Contest To showcase the new Andersen Exterior Trim System, the company is launching a contest for architects and designers to render and submit an original building design using Andersen exterior trim as a building component. Up to five (5) designs will be selected. Contest winners will receive a trip to Minnesota for an architectural tour of the Twin Cities and a facilities tour of Andersen Corporation. CONTEST DETAILS
• Craftboston Spring 2012 Now celebrating its eleventh year, Craftboston features 200 of the most innovative craft artists of our time, selling one-of-a-kind and limited-edition pieces in baskets, ceramics, decorative fiber, art-to-wear, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper and wood.
Seaport World Trade Center | 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
3/23: 10am - 6pm
3/24: 10am - 6pm
3/25: 11am - 5pm
• Lekker Home Spring Break Sale Place any new upholstery order from either the Marie's Corner or John Derian Collections and receive 20% off. Receive 30% off all upholstered and case goods floor models.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
• Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable.
Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101
• Sawbridge Studios' Annual Floor Sample Sale It's time once again for Sawbridge Studios' highly-anticipated Annual Floor Sample Sale. Save 30%...50%...and up to 65% on superior quality, made-in-American, handcrafted furniture accessories by some of the top artisans and craftsmen in the country. In addition to hand-crafted furniture, the sales also includes fabulous savings on table top accessories, place settings, wall art, lighting and more.
Sawbridge Studios | 1015 Tower Court, Winnetka, Illinois
• Unison Studio + Store Opening The Unision studio + store will be open to the public every Friday. Walk into 1100 square feet of retail space featuring Unison's entire collection plus unique accessories by other designers.
Unison | 2000 West Fulton Street F-109, Chicago, Illinois 60612
Fridays: 12pm - 6pm
• Craftcation: Indie Business & DIY Conference Craftcation is a three day indie business and DIY conference with top industry professionals leading attendees in workshops, panel discussions and Q & A sessions in business, art, craft and food. REGISTRATION
The Crowne Plaza Hotel | 430 East Harbor Boulevard, Ventura, California 93001
3/23 - 3/25
• Milton Glaser for Lapchi at SMMoA Milton Glaser for Lapchi: An Exploration of Pattern Making and Color Effects in Textiles is a special weeklong exhibition of the newest work by this iconic American graphic designer. The show revitalizes SMMoA's relationship with Glaser and features a unique selection of original, hand-made Lapchi carpets, designed and conceptualized by the artist.
Santa Monica Museum of Art | 2525 Michigan Avenue, Santa Monica, California 90404
3/23 - 3/29
• Silhouettes Exhibition Opening New art exhibition Silhouettes opens during Miracle Mile's Artwalk. New figurative series debut from artists Daniel Maltzman, Edith Konrad, Mark Acetelli, Ekaterina Moré and Judy Zimbert among others. Barely contained forms, ethereal hues and poetic shapes fuel the imagination in the new show.
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
Exhibition: Through 4/19
• Haute House Grand Opening Check out the grand opening of this furniture design and manufacturing company.
Haute House | 3501 North San Fernando Road, Los Angeles, California 90065
• FLOS SoHo Sample Sale FLOS, the Italian lighting manufacturer, is offering a discount of up to 70% below retail price on trade show samples and refurbished items. The sample sale event will take place while supplies last at FLOS's SoHo showroom.
FLOS | 152 Greene Street, New York, New York 10012
3/23 - 3/24: 11am - 7pm
• B&B Italia Sample Sale B&B Italia is holding a sample sale on rugs, lighting and accessories with savings up to 80% off retail prices.
B&B Italia | 150 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10155
3/26 - 3/30
• Poliform New York Sale Poliform is in the process of renovating their showroom and in order to bring in new products and displays they're having a storewide sale. A large selection of items from beds, wardrobes, tables, chairs, kitchens and much more will be on discounted 30% to 60%
Poliform New York | 150 East 58th Street, 6th Floor, New York, New York 10155
3/26 - 3/30
• Salsa, Sangria & Secondhand Join Krrb and Furnish Green for a night of one-of-a-kind vintage finds, salsa lessons and sangria. All furniture in the Furnish Green showroom will have special Krrb-friendly prices, including $2-5 records and LP's.
Furnish Green | 1261 Broadway, Suite 505, New York, New York 10001
3/27: 6pm - 9pm
• Bright Lights, Big Love Underline Gallery is thrilled to present the glittering, visceral Bright Lights, Big Love. Gathering artists from around the globe, Bright Lights, Big Love spotlights a variety of mediums. From light installations and sculpture to painting and photography, these ephemeral, subjective media demonstrate, question, and complicate the fragility and uncertainty of intimacy. The underpinning narrative of the collection speaks to the creation and destruction of relationships. The curators at Underline have managed to cull alluring, new works that address a particularly relevant theme in the coldest months: The seasonal nature of love.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• FontanaArte Warehouse Sale FontanaArte is selling discontinued items, floor samples, and over stock at up to 60% off. Many items are new in the box.
FontanaArt | 45 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
• BWAC's Wide Open 3 The Brooklyn Waterfront Artists' Coalition presents this national juried art show in Red Hook, Brooklyn by juror Charlotta Kotik, Curator Emerita of Contemporary Art Brooklyn Museum.
BWAC | 499 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
• Baxter & Liebchen Moving Sale Baxter & Liebchen is having a huge moving sale. Hundreds of pieces of vintage Danish modern furniture, lighting and home accessories will be 30%-80% off.
Baxter & Liebchen | 33 Jay Street, Brooklyn, New York 11201
• Duncan Phyfe: Master Cabinetmaker in New York In the early 1800s, furniture from the workshop of New York City cabinetmaker Duncan Phyfe was in such demand that he was referred to as the "United States Rage." Organized chronologically, this exhibition presents the cabinetmaker's life and work through drawings, documents, personal possession, and furniture. Portraits of his clients and contemporary depictions of New York City street scenes and domestic interiors provide a glimpse into Phyfe's milieu.
Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
• Sky and Sea at Lux Archive Lux Archive is pleased to announce Sky and Sea, an exhibition of twelve fine-art photographs by artists Alessandro Puccinelli, Paul Nelson and Nenad Saljic. The exhibition features three series of images, each a portrayal of one element from the natural world. All twelve images are new additions to Lux Archive and are available for purchase as limited-edition prints. The first 25 guests will receive a $25 coupon for use on the Lux Archive website.
Lux Archive | 211 North 11th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211
Opening Reception: 2/9: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibit: Through 5/9
• Ligne Roset Philadelphia Moving Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount on all floor items and overstocked warehouse items at the Philadelphia showroom. Discounted items include the Confluences Sofa, originally $6825, now $3999; the Cemia Sideboard, originally $5625, now $3375; and the Soft & Doux Rug in black, originally $2040, now $999. as well as many more. Following the sale, Ligne Roset Philadelphia will be moving to its new location in the Center City District.
Ligne Roset | 4131 Main Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19127
• Digs Inside & Out Sale The home, garden, lifestyle and design shop is having a "Please Make It Go Away Sale" with everything discounted 50%.
Digs Inside & Out | 1829 NE Alberta Street, Portland, Oregon 97211
3/26 - 4/1
• Art Month at Mixture In Mixture's continuing support of local artists, they are having a huge, first-time ever promotion. Take 25% off all original artwork, including paintings, photography, sculpture, lighting.
Mixture | 2210 Kettner Boulevard, San Diego, California 92101
• Stuff Grand Re-Opening Stuff, the vintage & modern collective, is doubling in size to 17,000 square feet. Stuff has vintage furniture, art & accessories from 90 dealers all under one roof. Celebrate the grand re-opneing with a Studio 54 themed party - DJ, food & drinks (+Stuff-tini's!)
Stuff | 150 Valencia Street, San Francisco, California 94103
3/23: 5pm - 10pm
• JAG Modern Debut Local San Francisco architect Jeff Alan Gard unveils the first piece in his new furniture line, JAG Modern. Event includes food, photography, drinks, and a silent auction benefitting Architecture for Humanity.
Photobooth Gallery | 1193 Valencia, San Francisco, California 94110
3/29: 6pm - 9pm
• Skill Exchange Workshop Series at Pot + Pantry Mi Piace Kate Design is collaborating with kitchen boutique Pot + Pantry to host a series of free skill-exchange workshops, presented by local makers, chefs, gardeners, bakers, foodies and farmers. From beer brewing, raw recipes, fermentation, preserving and urban gardening, join us and learn more through our demonstrations, tastings and good conversation at Pot + Pantry. Expect Bay Area artisans and entrepreneurs from INNA Jam, Sightglass Coffee, Namu, Almanac Beer, Red Circle Tea, Revival Bar + Kitchen, Town Cutler, plus many more.
RESERVATIONS & LIST OF UPCOMING WORKSHOPS
Pot + Pantry | 593 Guerrero Street, San Francisco, California 94110
Thursdays 6pm - 8pm
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images Clockwise: Milton Glaser for Lapchi at SMMoA B&B Italia Sample Sale, Sawbridge Studios Floor Sample Sale, Fiber Artist Yukako Sorai at Craftboston)