It's nearing the end of the month and lots of sales are coming to an end! Our weekly list of carefully curated sales and events can help you no matter where you live. Click below for our massive list of craft and art fairs, deals at national retailers, local floor sample and warehouse sales, holiday gift marts, seasonal flea markets, not-to-be-missed museum exhibitions, showhouses and home & design-centric lectures and discussions. Pass it on and send us your sale or event.NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Collier West Annual Lighting Sale Savings from 15 - 60% off chandeliers, pendants & lamps curated from around the globe.
Online and in store
• Talk Nerdy To Me Sale Bunsen Burner Day is March 31 and Heather Lins Home is celebrating their inner geek with a 25% off sale on Science Project Pillows (and everything else).
• BoConcept Spring Cleaning Sale BoConcept is hosting their annual spring cleaning event in March as they make space for their brand new collection arriving in April. All clearance items and floor sample designs are up to 60% off.
Online and in stores
• Modani Spring Sale Modani Furniture will be putting select items on sale – up to 50 percent off! From the New York Sofa Bed (a steal at only $990 in white and black) to modern lighting, office furniture, dining room furniture, modern benches (only $490) and everything in between.
Online and in stores
• Green Paper House Launch To celebrate the launch of Green Paper House's online store, receive the "Life is 2" print on fine art paper for only $1 with any purchase. The size of the print depends on the dollar amount of purchase (shipping not included). For example: a purchase of at least $36 will get you a 20" x 24" print, a purchase of at least $30 will get you a 16" x 20" print, and a purchase of at least $13 will get you a 10" x 12" print.
• Spring Cleaning Sale Shelfwire.com is having a spring cleaning and organizing sale with 20% off store wide. Design your own chrome shelving and storage furniture with the interactive shelving designer.
• Lightology Venetia Studium Sale 10% off Venetia Studium, a line of handmade glass and silk chandeliers, wall sconces and floor lamps inspired by Mariano Fortuny and crafted in Italy.
• Clever Tomato's Sahara Package Deal For every ebony Sahara Crib and Sahara Changing Table you buy, get 2 ebony Sahara Dressers free.
• FilzFelt Spring Cleaning Sale Help FilzFelt clean house (er, studio) during their spring sale and get first dibs on these seriously discounted items! Remnants, discontinued and imperfect items are reduced 20 - 75% while supplies last.
• Marburger Farm Antique Show The Marburger Farm Antique Show has been a favorite source for antiques for more than a dozen years. This outdoor show features more than 350 dealers from across the United States and the world. The 43 acre field boasts ten large tents and 12 historic buildings offering an extraordinary range of antiques including architectural, English, Continental, Asian, industrial, garden, Americana, painted furniture, fine art, early Texas, mid century modern, French, silver, jewelry, textiles, paintings and prints.
Marburger Farm Antique Show | 2248 South Highway 237, Round Top, Texas 78954
3/29 - 4/2
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• The Society of Arts and Crafts – Craftboston Now celebrating its tenth year, Craftboston features 200 of the most innovative craft artists of our time, showcasing one-of-a-kind and limited-edition pieces in baskets, ceramics, decorative fiber, art-to-wear, furniture, glass, jewelry, leather, metal, mixed media, paper and wood.
Seaport World Trade Center | 200 Seaport Boulevard, Boston, Massachusetts 02210
3/25 - 3/27
• John Brooks: A Collaboration with Nature An exhibition of forty works by the nationally recognized New Hampshire sculptor and furniture maker.
Currier Museum of Art | 150 Ash Street, Manchester, New Hampshire 03104
• Jayson Home & Garden Sale Save 20% on all upholstered furniture, including customer orders and all the new spring sofas, chairs, ottomans, and beds.
Jayson Home and Garden | 1885 North Clybourn, Chicago, Illinois 60614
• The Avenues Art & Design Walk The Avenues Art, Fashion, and Design District is holding the 14th Annual Art & Design Walk. Along with presenting sponsor Jaguar and local media sponsor Angeleno Magazine, The Avenues is pleased to offer 13 art and design programs, panels, and events targeted to the art and design professional during Friday’s schedule, entitled, Art & Design Walk: A Day for the Trade.
The Avenues | 8687 Melrose Avenue, Suite M-38, West Hollywood, California 90069
3/25: 9am - 6pm
3/26: 3pm - 6pm
• Orchid Show and Sale Brought to you by the Cymbidium Society of America, San Gabriel Valley Branch, this show displays cymbidium hybrids, plant displays, sales and CSA information. Potting demonstrations and speakers on orchids will be held every 2 hours on both days.
The Arboretum | 301 North Baldwin Avenue, Arcadia, California 91007
3/26: 10am - 5pm
3/27: 10am - 5pm
• AIA Los Angeles 2011 Spring Home Tour Series Let the American Institute of Architecture, Los Angeles give you a peek into the glitz and glamour of, "about Sunset living," with the self-guided Home Tour, "East and West of the 405." Featuring beautiful homes by Los Angeles's leading architects in Brentwood, Beverly Hills and Bel Air, highlights include visiting a Canyon home bordered by hills, a Brentwood home that doubles as an artists studio, a fabulous Bel Air contemporary and a swanky above Sunset residence. TICKETS
AIA Los Angeles | 3780 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 800, Los Angeles, California 90010
3/27: 11am - 4pm
• Cloud Noir Spring Art Sale Take 20% off all contemporary art in the store.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Living with Art by Azadeh Shladovsky Azadeh Shladovsky introduces a limited-edition, sculptural furniture collection, Living with Art. This collection explores Shladovsky's unique relationship with nature and highlights her ability to create powerful expressions that are as beautiful as they are functional. In her work, Shladovsky uses nature and its processes as a guide, both in how each piece is formed and how it is perceived.
Ruth Bachofner Gallery | 2525 Michigan Avenue, Suite G2, Santa Monica, California 90404
• Liberty Sunset Garden Center Liquidation Sale Sadly, due to economic conditions beyond their control, Liberty Sunset Gardens Center, with its unique awe-inspiring view of the Statue of Liberty and its incredible selection of plants, shrubs, trees, fertilizers, and custom wooden planters must close its doors at the end of the month. The Center has plans to relocate but must liquidate its vast inventory immediately. Find savings from 50% - 70% the entire inventory.
Liberty Sunset Garden Center | 204 Van Dyke Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
3/26: 9am - 6pm
3/27: 9am - 6pm
• Property Bi-annual Sale Take 20% off all new orders and save up to 60% on floor models and samples.
Property | 14 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10013
• Charles P. Rogers Showroom Sale Charles P. Rogers, NYC based bed making company, is hosting a sale at their showroom. Big savings on select beds.
Charles P. Rogers | 55 West 17th Street, New York, New York 10011
• M&M Design Spring Floor Sale Decorate your floor with a one of a kind designer rug from our unique collections – Missoni, first edition Niba, Gene Meyer, Dakota Jackson, Adam Tihany, M&M Collections and many more – with prices up to 75% off list.
M&M Gallery | 226 Westbury Avenue, Carle Place, New York 11514
• Patrick Jouin: From Kitchen to Table @ MAD The first solo exhibition at an American museum of the work of this prolific 42-year-old French designer.
Museum of Arts & Design | 2 Columbus Circle, New York, New York 10019
• Tim Groen Solo Exhibition Ivy Brown Gallery is pleased to announce artist/designer Tim Groen’s second solo exhibition with the gallery. Using captions that clarify illustrations in books, Tim Groen has been creating an ongoing series of collages, titled ”Captions.” Hand cutting each letter, using a font based on a 19th century wood type, he mounts the descriptive texts on identically sized boards.
Ivy Brown Gallery | 675 Hudson Street, New York, New York 10014
3/3 - 4/22
• Kalatay Closing Clearance In celebration of the retirement of Mirza A. Kalaty, Kalaty Rug Corp. will open its private showroom to the public for the first time. You'll find savings between 50% and 75% off original prices of the company’s vast collection of the finest quality Oriental rugs.
Kalatay | 443 Park Avenue South, New York, New York 10016
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World) This first major museum survey of the work of illustrator, author and designer Maira Kalman features a selection spanning thirty years of 100 original paintings, drawings, and sketches shown along with the many ways Kalman's work has entered contemporary culture - in books and magazines, and on commercial products, from clothing to watches. Less widely seen works in photography, embroidery, textiles, and performance are also included. Kalman illuminates contemporary life with a profound sense of joy and unique sense of humor. As a context for this survey, Kalman has created a special installation to reveal some source material she has gathered as collector, walker, traveler, reader and maker of lists. Furnished with chairs, ladders and "many tables of many things," this installation offers a view of how she sees the world, both in and outside the studio.
The Jewish Museum | 1109 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10128
• Thinking Outside the Box: European Cabinets, Caskets, and Cases Featuring 100 works selected from the Museum’s Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts.
The Metropolitan Museum of Art | 1000 Fifth Avenue, New York, New York 10028
Through Summer 2011
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• GeoKids' Family Green Fest Second annual one day pop-up store offering green products and services for children and for the home from a wide range of vendors under one roof. Proceeds benefit the GeoKids child development center.
Geokids | 2120 Broadway, Redwood City, California 94063
3/26: 10am - 4pm
• Philbrook Museum of Art's American Streamlined Design Exhibition Philbrook Museum of Art will open American Streamlined Design: The World of Tomorrow, focusing on a design era that emerged during the 1930s and 1940s, characterized by curving forms, and smooth, clean silhouettes. Over 185 objects in diverse new materials, from Bakelite to stainless steel, are organized thematically around the spheres of American life in the 1930s-50s: the office and workroom, the living room, kitchen, and bath, recreation and transportation. A final section, Streamlining Now, looks at how streamlining still affects design today.
Philbrook Musuem of Art | 2727 South Rockford Road, Tulsa, Oklahoma 74114
• Vastu Floor Sample Sale Midcity furniture retailer, Vastu, is holding their annual floor sample sale. Sofas, occasional chairs, tables, beds and dressers will be on sale for up to 50% off.
Vastu | 1829 14th Street NW, Washington, DC 20009
• Orchids: A View From the East Orchids have been a part of Chinese culture for many centuries, permeating Chinese history, legends, literature and art. Since ancient times, orchids have been celebrated in China for their beauty and fragrance, and appreciated as symbols of nobility, friendship and refinement. The exhibition reflects
these themes and introduces visitors to long-standing traditions and contemporary trends in Chinese orchid culture.
Smithsonian’s National Museum of Natural History | 10th Street and Constitution Avenue, Washington, DC 20560
• Designing Tomorrow: America’s World’s Fairs of the 1930s @ NBM Between 1933 and 1940, during the bleak years of the Great Depression, tens of millions of visitors flocked to world’s fairs in six American cities: Chicago, San Diego, Dallas, Cleveland, San Francisco, and New York. The National Building Museum’s upcoming exhibition Designing Tomorrow: America’s World’s Fairs of the 1930s explores how fair designers and planners employed innovative architecture, urban planning, and industrial design as vehicles for promoting a more hopeful vision for the future.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
Send it to us. We publish every week: