You may find yourself chasing the Easter bunny or overindulging on a basket full of candy this weekend. Or, you could check out our sales and events list to find deals for sprucing up your own little bunny hutch this weekend. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown AllModern Exclusive Outdoor Dining Event, Half Off Spring Clearance Sale at 45 Three Vintage, Weave a Rug at Aelfie, FinnStyle iittala Spring Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Archive Auctions' Lighting & Fine Art Auction In addition to antiques and fine art, Archive Auctions has 170 lots of Cyan Design chandeliers, scones and wall brackets, all brand new in the box with bids starting at 95% off.
- BoConcept NY Spring Cleaning Sale It's time for Spring cleaning! Out ith the old and in with these new deals from BoConcept. The new Lagoni sofa starts at an introduction price of $1,995 and is in stock and ready to deliver within 2-3 weeks. Also check out lamps at 20% off. To make room for a new collection, all floor models in stores are up to 50% off. And accessories are as much as 70% off.
- Design Public Cerno Sale 20% off Cerno Lighting.
- Judy Ross Spring Color Sale Judy Ross Textiles is featuring a spring color pillow sale. Enjoy 15% off coral and melon hand embroidered chain stitch pillows.
- Nest Bedding Easy Breather Sale Nest Bedding is celebrating a new product launch by offering a discount. Their USA made Easy Breather Support Pillows are an innovative new design with shredded memory foam that supports, cushions and sleeps cool, making it breathable and the proper support provides open air passages.
- Rutherford Papers Sale Save up to 30% off nearly all stationery and gift items (some exclusions apply).
- Jayson Home/ Spring Upholstery Sale The Spring Upholstery Sale features 20% off all upholstered furniture, including the entire new spring collection. The 20% off sale price is good on all custom orders as well as in stock pieces.
- FinnStyle iittala Spring Sale All iittala 20% off or more. Glassware, dinnerware, kitchen, home accents and more.
- Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save 20% on free standing kitchens cabinets and bathroom furniture; and 10% off on custom pieces.
- Vermont Woods Studios Create Your Own Set Sale Different styles, different collections, different rooms – it’s up to you. Just buy 3 or more pieces and you’ll save 20% plus free shipping.
- Mecox Gardens Website Launch Sale To celebrate the launch of their new website, Mecox Gardens is offering a 20% discount on all purchases in any of their eight locations or by contacting any store. Registration required.
- AllModern Exclusive Outdoor Dining Event Save up to 20% on top-selling outdoor dining furniture.
- Matthew Izzo Sping Is Coming Event Bold Colors. Clean lines. Vintage Modern looks. Always a great price. Matthew Izzo is getting ready for spring.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- Lekker Home's 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale Lekker is celebrating 10 Years and they’re kicking things off with a 10 Year Anniversary Event + Sale. Join them for celebratory toasts, tastes and treats. As a thank you to customers they’ll be holding a private sale with special deals, door prizes and gifts. There are also exclusive specials with up to 50% off in savings from such designs brands as Area Bedding, Blomus, Ethnicraft, Marie’s Corner, Menu, Modern Twist, Studio Patro and Teroforma. These Exclusive Specials will be announced each week through April.
Lekker Home | 1317 Washington Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02118
- Architectural Artifacts 25th Anniversary Auction 1500+ lots of architectural artifacts and antiques will be sold.
Architectural Artifacts | 4325 North Ravenswood, Chicago, Illinois 60613
Preview: 4/4: 5pm - 8pm
Auctions: 4/5 - 4/7
- She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media - and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
- Half Off Spring Clearance Sale A phenomenal Easter weekend sale with lots of vintage goodies. Club chairs, sofas, outdoor seating,lamps, lounge furniture, paintings, chandeliers,deco figurines and sculpture, coffee tables, mirrors, ottomans and more.
45 Three Modern Vintage | 1051 1/2 South Fairfax Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90019
3/30: 10am - 5pm
- MASH Studios Sample Sale For 4 days only, take advantage ofbig savings on all furniture lines,as MASH Studios is clearing their warehouse fornew shipments to arrive.
MASH Studios | 12705 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90066
4/4 - 4/7
- George Hurrell: From Laguna to Hollywood Check out this exhibition of photographs from the permanent collection by noted Hollywood glamour photographer George Hurrell (1904-1992). By 1930 Hurrell was the head of the MGM portrait gallery and he was soon dubbed the "Grand Seigneur of the Hollywood Portrait." This exhibition presents a selection of about forty works.
Laguna Art Museum | 307 Cliff Drive, Laguna Beach, California 92651
- SFERRA Fine Linens Sample Sale This sale will feature down comforters & pillows, blankets, sheets, duvet covers, throws, decorative pillows, table linens, towels, bathrobes, and more. The Prive Space @ Chelsea Market | 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, New York 10011
- Kartell Floor Sample Sale Save 50-60% off retail on select floor samples at Kartell's flagship store.
Kartell | 39 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
- Rosie Schaap Book Reading/Signing of "Drinking With Men" Rosie Schaap writes the "Drink" column for The New York Times Magazine. She has also been a bartender, a fortuneteller, a librarian at a paranormal society, an English teacher, an editor, a preacher, a community organizer, and a manager of homeless shelters. Drinking alongside artists and expats, ironworkers and soccer fanatics, Schaap finds that bars offer a safe haven, a respite, a place to feel most like herself. In rich, colorful prose, she brings to life these sometimes seedy, but warm and wonderful rooms. Drinking With Men is a love letter to the bars, pubs and taverns that have been Schaap's refuge, and a celebration of the uniquely civilizing source of community that is bar culture at its best.
Meg Cohen Design Shop | 59 Thompson Street, New York, New York 10012
3/28: 6pm - 8pm
- Film Biz Recycling Sticker Sale Film Biz Recycling recently launched a50% off sticker sale on select items every Saturday & Sunday!
Film Biz Recycling | 540 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215
Saturdays and Sundays: 12pm - 7pm
- East x East From the far-east to the east coast, ABC Carpet & Home is pleased to bring you "East x East," a premiere exhibition of over 300 Chinese antique rugs dating from the mid 19th century to the early 1930's. This collection is composed of some of the most unique rugs in the market today. Highly sought after by collectors and consumers alike, Chinese Art Deco rugs of this sort are widely appreciated for their individuality, just as any truly great work of art. For the first time, this assortment of unusual and rare Ninxghia, Peking's, Mongolians Khotans and Art Deco Chinese rugs, will be available for purchase at ABC Carpet & Home. ABC Carpet & Home Antique Rug Gallery | 888 Broadway, 6 Floor, New York, New York 10003
- Weave a Rug Join Aelfie to weave your own 2'6" x 3'6" bathroom or bedside rugs from t-shirts. They're super soft, colorful and easy to clean.These rugs are currently sold at ABC Carpet and Aelfie is pleased to have the creator, Joe Dega, guide you through the upcycling process.Looms, t-shirts and tea will be provided. *No previous weaving experience necessary. RSVP required.Aelfie | 41 Varick Avenue #401, Brooklyn, New York 11237
4/13: 2pm - 5pm
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
Exhibit: Through 4/27
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Opening Reception: Abstract Concrete Heiner Contemporary is pleased to announce Concrete Abstract, a group exhibition curated by Matthew Smith that explores the confluence of abstraction with the everyday, featuring work by Seth Adelsberger, Lisa Dillin, Jeremy Flick, Steven Frost, Sue Johnson, Becca Kallem, Patrick McDonough, Danielle Mysliwiec, and Matthew Smith.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
Exhibit: Through 4/20
- The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank The Embassy of Sweden in DC is hosting an exhibit called "The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank," a textile and furniture showcase from iconic architect and designer Josef Frank. Designer and architect Josef Frank was a pioneer in modern Swedish design for his boldly patterned textiles and his striking and whimsical furniture. He donated his legacy of designs to interior decorating and design firm Svenskt Tenn, which he had collaborated with for decades. This exhibition allows guests to see some of his textile and furniture designs up close.
The Embassy of Sweden | 2900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007