Daylight Savings Time starts this weekend — which means we're all going to lose one precious hour of our lives as we spring forward. What a great reminder to take advantage of every hour of the weekend! To help you make the most of yours, we present you with our weekly roundup of sales and events. Check them all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event for future editions of the Guide.
Shown above: The Armory Show, Ligne Roset Philadelphia Sale, Henry Road Opening Festivities, Portland Tour of Remodeled Homes
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Matthew Izzo Winter Sale Get a quick fix for the winter blues with Matthew Izzo's Winter sale save up to 40% on select item. Plus, check out the new collections like the exclusive Hudson yards by Matthew Izzo collection.
- Sky Iris Winter Clearance Sky Iris has moved to a new flagship location in Bay Harbor's Marina District. Their spring cleaning means big savings for the rest of us with up 20-70% off.
- Baker Furniture Spring Sale Save on all Baker products, excluding Fall 2012 introductions.
All Baker Locations
- Design Public Pablo Sale 15% off Pablo Design.
- Lumens The Design Event Save up to 40% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, Fritz Hansen, Kartell + more.
- AllModern Artemide Sale Save 15% off all Artemide.
- YOLO Colorhouse Paint Samples at HomeDepot.com YOLO Colorhouse paint samples - The Big Chips - are 25% off. The Big Chips are 12" x 16" of pure color; more color, less mess! YOLO Colorhouse paints are low odor and zero VOC.
- Jayson Home/ Spring Upholstery Sale The Spring Upholstery Sale features 20% off all upholstered furniture, including the entire new spring collection. The 20% off sale price is good on all custom orders as well as in stock pieces.
- Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save 20% on free standing kitchens cabinets and bathroom furniture; and 10% off on custom pieces.
- IKEA Kitchen Sale Save up to 20% on an IKEA kitchens.
All IKEA Stores
- C.S. Post & Co. Sale Save 40% on select tables, seating, lighting and mirrors during C.S. Post's Warehouse Sale.
- IKEA Life Improvement Seminar As part of the IKEA BYOF (Bring Your Own Friends) Day event, IKEA Schaumburg has partnered with Peter Walsh, International Design Expert, and Erin Gates, Interior Design Expert, to host a FREE Life Improvement Seminar focusing on organization at home. During this session, Peter Walsh and Erin Gates will provide tips and inspiration to help attendees clear the clutter at home, followed by a meet and greet with attendees.
IKEA | 1800 E. McConnor Parkway, Schaumburg, IL 60173
3/9: 1pm - 2pm
- “Pressure + Flow” Chicago by La Marzocco USA Pressure + Flow will Feature a day of learning, with presentations and hands-on guided learning experiences on emerging coffee topics: PRESSURE: A guided hands-on learning experience with the Strada EP. Hear about how the Strada EP came to be, what we’ve learned about brewing coffee using the Strada EP as a platform, then spend time with the machine. FLOW: This session will give an overview of water science, the interaction of coffee and water, and leave participants with information on how to test their water and make informed water conditioning purchase decisions. Event is free and open to the public; registration is encouraged. Participants who register in advance will receive a special La Marzocco gift.
Ravenswood Events Center | 4011 North Ravenswood Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60613
3/9: 10am - 7pm
- Nest Vintage Modern Vintage Smalls Sale Nest Vintage Modern is doing some spring cleaning. Markdowns of 25% - 60% on all vintage smalls (that is, pretty much anything smaller than a breadbox).
Nest Vintage Modern | 3750 Grand Boulevard, Brookfield, Illinois 60513
- WPA Chicago/Poltrona Frau Group Sale WPA Chicago is having a sale on all Poltrona Frau Group products. Enjoy 20% off all Poltrona Frau, Cassina (except LC) and Cappellini furniture orders. This sale includes quick ship items. There will also be a 15% discount on all Le Corbusier furniture products, including the LC outdoor collection.
WPA Chicago | 314 W. Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
- High Tea At Henry Road Opening Festivities Home and gift purveyor, Henry Road has moved and is celebrating the opening of their fabulous new quirky castle on Ventura Boulevard. Delicious treats and libations from their friends at Big Sugar Bakeshop, Cake Monkey Bakery and Cafe Al Dente will be served and there will be wee gifts for one and all.
Henry Road | 12240 1/2 Ventura Boulevard, Studio City, California 91604
3/9: 4pm - 8pm
- Antiques, Objects & Art L.A. Fine art, furnishings, decorative arts, textiles, jewelry and much more will be for sale - including Mid-Century Modern, architectural elements, devotional items, folk art, country furniture, Americana, American Indian, Chicano Art, outsider art, 20th Century industrial, tourist trade, signs and advertising, photography and ethnographic tribal arts from around the world. Objects of Interest - from historic to contemporary - will be showcased in gallery settings.
Glendale Civic Auditorium | 1401 North Verdugo Road, Glendale, California 91208
3/9: 10am - 6pm
3/10: 10am - 4pm
- Glass Mosaic Sale 50% discount on inventory, over 36 colors available.
Walk On Tile | 12353 Wilshire Boulevard, West Los Angeles, California 90025
- George Hurrell: From Laguna to Hollywood Check out this exhibition of photographs from the permanent collection by noted Hollywood glamour photographer George Hurrell (1904–1992). By 1930 Hurrell was the head of the MGM portrait gallery and he was soon dubbed the “Grand Seigneur of the Hollywood Portrait.” This exhibition presents a selection of about forty works.
Laguna Art Museum | 307 Cliff Drive, Laguna Beach, California 92651
- The Armory Show The Armory Show, a leading international contemporary and modern art fair and one of the most important annual art events in New York, takes place on Piers 92 & 94. The Armory Show is devoted to showcasing the most important artworks of the 20th and 21st centuries. In its fifteen years the fair has become an international institution, combining a selection of the world's leading galleries with an exceptional program of arts events and exhibitions throughout New York during the celebrated Armory Arts Week.
Piers 92 & 94 | Twelfth Avenue at 52nd & 55th Street, New York, New York
- Astoria Market's Pre-St. Patty's Day Shopping Event Astoria Market invites you to their Pre-St. Patty's Day Event. Astoria-based HandCrafting Justice will be there and they are generously donating a raffle for our event (entry to the raffle is free). One lucky winner will win a beautiful Batik raw silk shawl handcrafted by women in Thailand at the Isan Center.
Astoria Market | 29-19 24th Avenue, Astoria, New York 11102
- ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Sale Furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories have been reduced up to 60% off, including savings on select items from Mobital, John Reeves and Cobble Hill.
ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
- Kartell Semi Annual Sale Save 20% off retail at Kartell's flagship store.
Kartell | 39 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
- Film Biz Recycling Sticker Sale Film Biz Recycling recently launched a50% off sticker sale on select items every Saturday & Sunday!
Film Biz Recycling | 540 President Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215
Saturdays and Sundays: 12pm - 7pm
- East x East From the far-east to the east coast, ABC Carpet & Home is pleased to bring you “East x East,” a premiere exhibition of over 300 Chinese antique rugs dating from the mid 19th century to the early 1930’s. This collection is composed of some of the most unique rugs in the market today. Highly sought after by collectors and consumers alike, Chinese Art Deco rugs of this sort are widely appreciated for their individuality, just as any truly great work of art. For the first time, this assortment of unusual and rare Ninxghia, Peking's, Mongolians Khotans and Art Deco Chinese rugs, will be available for purchase at ABC Carpet & Home. ABC Carpet & Home Antique Rug Gallery | 888 Broadway, 6 Floor, New York, New York 10003
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Ligne Roset Sample Sale Save up to 60% off.
Ligne Roset | 144 North 2nd Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
- Curated Goods Moving to Los Angeles Sale Everything online and in the store is up to 30% off. All clothing, furniture, art, home decor, jewelry and more.
Curated Goods | 421 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19123
- Portland Tour of Remodeled Homes The Professional Remodelers Organization (PRO) of the Home Builders Association of Metropolitan Portland (HBAMP) announces the 2013 Tour of Remodeled Homes. A weekend filled with remodeling inspiration will offer the latest in remodeling trends, smart sustainability and stunning design. The home tour will be scattered in communities throughout the greater Portland area, including: Northeast Portland’s Irvington and Rose City neighborhoods, Southwest Portland, Tigard, Oregon City and Lake Oswego. A site map is provided with the tickets — two full days of touring ensures that a home will not be missed.
3/9 - 3/10: 10am - 5pm
- Bill Walton at Adams and Ollman Amy Adams, in collaboration with John Ollman of Fleisher/Ollman Gallery in Philadelphia, is pleased to announce the opening of Adams and Ollman. The gallery will specialize in 20th century self-taught American artists and contemporary artists whose practices reflect an intuitive influence. Adams and Ollman's inaugural exhibition, a solo presentation of sculptures and drawings by Bill Walton.
Adams and Ollman | 811 East Burnside #213, Portland, Oregon 97214
Exhibit: Through 4/27
- Tim Rowan at TRAX Gallery New works by talented ceramic artist Tim Rowan. These are magnificent, handcrafted wood-fired pieces. They are perfectionism from every angle. Also on view, new works by Kiyotsugu & Katsunori, Sawa, father and son artists from Japan.
TRAX Gallery | 1812 5th Street, Berkeley, California 94710
- Taramundi Furniture & Home Decor Free Shipping Free Shipping for San Francisco Bay Area. Solid Wood furniture with rustic elegance!
- Arkitektura In Situ Sample Sale In their largest sample sale ever, you'll find over 750 items of classic modern and contemporary design from design brands from B&B Italia, Cassina, Cappellini, Poltrona Frau, Poliform, Minotti, and many, many more. Many items 50% or more off regular price. Also, take up to 20% OFF new orders from quick ship to custom.
Arkitektura In Situ | 540 Ninth Street, San Francisco, California 94103
- #Trending - Interior Trends Discussion All are welcome at the fabulous DWR Toronto Studio for a panel discussion on Interior Trends in 2013 with 2 local Interior Designers and 1 Design Editor weighing in on the topics and creating dialogue.
Design Within Reach | 435 King Street West, Toronto, Ontario M5V 1K4
3/13: 6pm - 8pm
- The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do—from political candidates to consumer products—the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
- Maxalto 2013 Floor Model Sale Maxalto, part of the B&B Italia family of contemporary Italian designs, is excited to announce their new partnership with Boffi, joining their showroom in the heart of Georgetown.
Boffi | 3320 M St NW, Washington, DC 20007
- Nordic Cool 2013: Nordic Design Illustrated This exhibition, presenting a range of design, craft, and industrial products from throughout the Nordic region, aims to highlight aspects of Nordic contemporary design in all its forms, and its ubiquitous nature in daily life.
The Kennedy Center | 2700 F Street, NW Washington, DC 20566
- Opening Reception: Abstract Concrete Heiner Contemporary is pleased to announce Concrete Abstract, a group exhibition curated by Matthew Smith that explores the confluence of abstraction with the everyday, featuring work by Seth Adelsberger, Lisa Dillin, Jeremy Flick, Steven Frost, Sue Johnson, Becca Kallem, Patrick McDonough, Danielle Mysliwiec, and Matthew Smith.
Heiner Contemporary | 1675 Wisconsin Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20007
Exhibit: Through 4/20
- The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank The Embassy of Sweden in DC is hosting an exhibit called "The Enduring Designs of Josef Frank," a textile and furniture showcase from iconic architect and designer Josef Frank. Designer and architect Josef Frank was a pioneer in modern Swedish design for his boldly patterned textiles and his striking and whimsical furniture. He donated his legacy of designs to interior decorating and design firm Svenskt Tenn, which he had collaborated with for decades. This exhibition allows guests to see some of his textile and furniture designs up close.
The Embassy of Sweden | 2900 K Street NW, Washington, DC 20007