send us your own sale or event.
Shown, clockwise from top left: Heath Ceramics Open Studio Weekend, Greentea Design's Steps and Storage Sale, Trunk Show by Slate and Coral, Design Your Wall Poise SaleNATIONAL & ONLINE
• Haya Culture Launch Event Haya Culture, the Brooklyn based creative studio, offers limited edition interiors, food, travel and vintage style photography prints for design lovers. To kick off their launch, every single print in shop is on sale. Online Though 5/16 • Design Your Wall Poise Sale For a limited time all wallpaper from the Graham And Brown's Poise Collection will be marked down 25% at Design Your Wall. Online Through 5/20 • The Shade Store Chilewich Sale The Shade Store, a brand with over 60 years experience in the custom window treatment industry has announced that all Chilewich products are on sale 15% off. Online Through 5/24 • My Urban Child Modern Mama Mania My Urban Child's 2nd Annual Modern Mama Mania Event. More than just modern children's furniture. All modern seating 10%-25% off – Dwell Studio Gliders, Jennifer Delonge, Emeco Chairs and more. Online Through 6/1 • Baker Furniture's May Soiree Save 10% on all Baker Upholstery and the Milling Road Collection. In showrooms Through 6/4 • Greentea Design's Steps and Storage Sale Save up to 30% on all Step Chests and bookshelves. Online Though 6/18
• Harvard Ceramics Program Spring Show & Sale The Ceramics Program of the Office for the Arts at Harvard presents its annual Spring Show and Sale. More than fifty artists present an extraordinary selection of ceramic work. From functional dinnerware to sculptural masterpieces, this popular exhibition has something for everyone and attracts several thousand visitors each year. Harvard Ceramics | 219 Western Avenue, Allston, Massachusetts 02134 5/11 - 5/12: 10am - 7pm • Beauty as Duty Exhibit This exhibition looks at ways that textiles were put into service on Britain's Home Front in the 1940s. Mass-produced "utility" clothes had to conform to strict government regulations, yet managed to be fashionable. Beauty as Duty at The Museum of Fine Arts | 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 04101 Through 5/28
• Modern Co-Op Grand Opening Modern Co-op modernizes the concept of a cooperative by offering local artists who use reclaimed and repurposed materials an opportunity to showcase and sell their pieces on a monthly basis. Modern Co-Op also offers an assortment of curated, vintage furniture and home decor - with a focus on but not limited to mid-century modern. Stop by for this grand opening event. The Vegan Food Truck will be parked out front serving up Mac and Cheese, Vegan Wings and more. Modern Co-Op | 818 West 18th Street, Chicago, Illinois 60608 5/11: 5pm - 10pm • Chicago Art Girls Pop-Up Shop Just in time for Mother's Day Chicago Art Girls Pop-Up Shop is where shoppers can find over 35 artists who create one-of-a-kind, handmade, high-quality yet affordable items for all ages and genders, including jewelry of all types, clothing and t-shirts for adults and kids, bags and purses, stationery and paper products, housewares, ceramics, glassware and enamelware, fiber work and felted knitwear, photography, soaps, paintings, eco-friendly wood accessories, reclaimed wood furniture and body care products. Helium Gallery | 4710 North Ravenswood, Chicago, Illinois 60640 5/12: 11am - 5pm
• 9th Annual Alt Build Expo Join AltBuild for the ninth year of one of the most established and vital Green Building events in the Country. Exhibits include green building and design materials, eneregy efficiency, water conservation, landscape, waste management, hands on demonstrations, rebate center, and free expert consultations. Santa Monica Civic Auditorium | 1855 Main Street, Santa Monica, California 90401 5/11 - 5/12: 10am - 5pm • Dandelion Ranch at West Elm Dandelion Ranch will have fresh floral arrangements available for sale, and their top floral designers will be on-hand giving out arranging advice. Clover Chadwick, owner and principle designer of Dandelion Ranch will also have single stems available, beginning at $10. West Elm | 8366 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90048 5/12 - 5/13: 10am - 6pm • Heath Ceramics Open Studio Weekend This once every Spring event gives visitors the chance to explore Heath's legendary history and current projects and collections through factory tours and special focused tours in Sausalito, and an Open Studio in Los Angeles. In addition to the Open Studio weekend events, in-store purchases are 15% off, with select gallery items and in-stock and made-to-order tile excluded. One-of-a-kind production and studio samples will also be available at the event. Heath Ceramics Sausalito Showroom & Factory | 400 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, California 94965 Heath Ceramics Showroom & Studio | 7525 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles, California 9003 5/11 - 5/13 • Urban Discovery at Artspace Warehouse New art exhibition Urban Discovery celebrates unnoticed urban environments in contemporary art. New series of artworks debut from artists Colleen Sandland, Johnny Taylor, Carl Smith, Ashleigh Sumner, Steven M O'Connor and Clara Berta. Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036 Through 5/30 • Restoration Hardware Exclusive Graffiti Art Installations Restoration Hardware showcases a dramatic 12ft x 24ft graffiti art installation. Specially commissioned by Restoration Hardware's Chairman and co-CEO Gary Friedman, for their first-ever project collaboration, the artists play with a fresh combination of script styles, mixed materials, and bold, Japanese Sumi-inked tags. The art installations bring to life personal quotes penned by Friedman reflecting the brand's vision and beliefs. The Gallery on Beverly Boulevard | 8772 Beverly Boulevard, West Hollywood, California 90048 Through 5/31 • Mortise & Tenon Floor Model Sale May is the month to bring in lots of new designs so Mortise & Tenon are discounting many of their floor model furniture and accessories up to 50% off. Mortise & Tenon | 446 South La Brea, Los Angeles, California 90036 Through 6/3 • Jeff ZImmerman at Duke & Duke Duke & Duke is pleased to announce the exhibition of master glass artist and lighting designer Jeff Zimmerman. The exhibition explores a variety of Zimmerman's glass sculpture along with new light works, all which convey organic details and natural forms. Duke & Duke | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069 Through 6/15 • Michael Boyd "PLANEFurniture - types + prototypes" Edward Cella Art + Architecture presents its first exhibition of contemporary furniture that advances the gallery's unique focus on 20th and 21st century architects and designers. The exhibition also represents the debut of PLANEfurniture, an innovative suite of modern furniture created by noted designer and collector Michael Boyd. Inspired by the pioneers of modern design, from Gerrit Rietveld and Rudolph Schindler to Jean Prouvé and Donald Judd, the PLANEfurniture collection attains perfect proportions and a simple, functional beauty. Edward Cella Art+Architecture | 6018 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036 Through 6/16
• Sferra Luxury Italian Linens Sample Sale This sample sale features down comforters & pillows, blankets, sheets, duvet covers, matelasse, decorative throws, decorative pillows, table linens, towels, bathrobes, and more. Prive Space @ Chelsea Market | 75 Ninth Avenue, New York, New York 10011 Through 5/13 • Martyn Lawrence Bullard Book Signing Saks Fifth Avenue's Home on Nine welcomes author Martyn Lawrence Bullard for a book signing of his latest release, Live, Love & Decorate. RSVP Saks Fifth Avenue | 12 East 49th Street, New York, New York 10017 5/14: 6 - 7:30pm • The Alpha Workshops' Alpha Awards The Alpha Awards honor and acknowledge those individuals and companies who have championed The Alpha Workshops' mission to provide job training and supported employment to HIV-positive decorative artists. The Alpha Awards take place each year in Manhattan's Prince George Ballroom and are regularly attended by over 300 prominent individuals from the field of interior design. Silent and live auctions featuring jewelry, vacations, home accessories and other item raise funds for Alpha. Prince George Ballroom | 15 East 27th Street, New York, New York 10016 5/14: 6pm - 8pm • The Touring Pop-Up Sideshow Saloon Brooklyn Revel in vintage mixology and spectacular entertainment inspired by the great saloons and sideshow attractions of the 1850s. Prepare to be amazed! Cocktails, oddities, and curious mechanisms worthy of P.T. Barnum! Media historian Jillian Lerner will be on site to sign copies of her graphic novel The Peerless Prodigies of P.T. Barnum. Superlative cocktails compounded by the mixologists of Jupiter Olympus featuring spirits provided by The Anchor Distilling Company. Proceeds from The Touring Pop-up Sideshow Saloon will be donated to Reading With Pictures, a stellar not-for-profit organization that gets comics into schools and schools into comics. RSVP The Counting Room | 44 Berry Street, Brooklyn, New York 11211 5/14: 9pm - 1am • Libby Langdon's Small Space Seminar at FIND Designer, author and television personality, Libby Langdon, is introducing her upholstered furnishings at FIND! Libby will give a Small Space Solutions Seminar speaking on innovative and inexpensive design ideas to help small space dwellers live large, the topic of her book, Small Space Solutions. It is the perfect topic for any New Yorker trying to maximize space! Buy an autographed copy and take home all the style secrets. Plus, FIND is offering 20% off your purchase on all pieces from Langdon's line during the event. RSVP REQUIRED FIND Home Furnishings | 43C 9th Street, Brooklyn, New York 11215 5/16: 6pm - 9pm • Trunk Show by Slate and Coral Slate & Coral are proud to unveil their debut collection of unique, trendy, and exotic duvet covers, decorative throw pillows, bed runners and more in luxurious silks, cotton silks and suedes. Product prices for throw pillows start at $45 and duvet covers start at around $175. Slate & Coral | 566 7th Avenue, Suite 804, New York, New York 10018 5/16 - 5/17: 10:30am - 7:30 pm • Passive House: The Future of Energy Efficiency "Passive House," a new way of building and retrofitting buildings, reduces energy for heating and cooling by 80-90%. Some Passive Houses are so energy efficient they require neither a boiler nor air conditioning. Architects Buck Moorhead, David White, and Jeremy Shannon discuss how this technology can be applied to NYC buildings, including historic brownstones and apartment houses. Suggested $5-10 donation. The Community Church of New York | 40 East 35th Street, New York, New York 10016 5/17: 6:30pm - 9pm • BeeLine Pop-Up at Bunny Williams To celebrate BeeLine's complete collection all in one home, check out this pop-up shop at Bunny Williams. Bunny Williams | 306 East 61st Street, New York, New York 10065 Through 5/18 • ABC Carpet & Home South Hackensack Summer Sale ABC Carpet & Home in South Hackensack, New Jersey is hosting a sale to kick off the summer season. Furniture, rugs, lighting, linens and accessories have been reduced up to 75% off, including savings on select items from Calvin Klein, John Reeves, Theodore Alexander, French Heritage and more. ABC Carpet & Home | 400 Huyler Street, South Hackensack, New Jersey 07606 5/12 - 5/28 • Restoration Hardware Exclusive Graffiti Art Installations Restoration Hardware showcases a dramatic 12ft x 24ft graffiti art installation. Specially commissioned by Restoration Hardware's Chairman and co-CEO Gary Friedman, for their first-ever project collaboration, the artists play with a fresh combination of script styles, mixed materials, and bold, Japanese Sumi-inked tags. The art installations bring to life personal quotes penned by Friedman reflecting the brand's vision and beliefs. The Gallery at Flatiron | 935 Broadway, New York, New York 10010 Through 5/31 • The Designer Showhouse of New Jersey Now in its sixth year, the Designer Showhouse of New Jersey is a showcase for America's premier design talent. Approximately 25 top interior and landscape designers from New York and New Jersey will transform a luxurious New Jersey home into a decorating masterpiece. Additional attractions include the Showhouse Boutique and Personal Touch Caterers Café. Designer Showhouse of New Jersey | 27 Denison Drive, Saddle River, New Jersey 07458 Through 6/10 • Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition More than 200 artists will be exhibiting 1000 works in every medium, from the traditional to the cutting edge. Special events are planned for every day of the show - including the Sunday acoustic performance series, UnPlugged in Red Hook; as well as free professional development classes in Photoshop and figurative drawing. There will also be a "Show within the Show" featuring the private collection of BWAC artists' work accumulated over the course of twenty years by a single individual, a true patron of the artsCelebrate this spring with the artists of the Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition, who are marking twenty consecutive years of exhibitions in their magnificent venue, a 25,000 square foot Civil War era building, poised on the tip of Red Hook and overlooking New York Harbor. BWAC | 499 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231 Weekends through 6/16: 1pm - 6pm
• 2012 DC Design House The DC Design House is a unique design show house event for the DC Metro area where top designers showcase their talents to raise funds for Children's National Medical Center. Situated on a one-half-acre site, this year's home, also known as the Blue House, boasts 10,000 square feet, seven-bedrooms, and seven baths. DC Design House | 4951 Rockwood Parkway, NW, Washington, DC 20016 Through 5/13 • Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery. Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024 Through 11/30
Got a sale or event you want published?
Send it to us. We publish every week: Click Here For Sales & Events Submission Form
Send it to us. We publish every week: Click Here For Sales & Events Submission Form
Shown, clockwise from top left: Heath Ceramics Open Studio Weekend, Greentea Design's Steps and Storage Sale, Trunk Show by Slate and Coral, Design Your Wall Poise Sale