This weekend might belong to Dad but that doesn't mean there isn't room to squeeze in a little time on the home, too. New this week in the Guide: design on sale at MoMA online and DIY furniture classes in Brooklyn. Dive in and have a happy Friday!
Shown above, clockwise: MoMA, Fawn & Forest, Finnstlye, AllModern
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- MoMA Design Store Summer Sale The MoMA Design Store is planning a summer sale on select items throughout their New York stores and online at MoMAstore.org. Save up to 60% on select tabletop, desk and personal accessories, home furnishings, stationary and books. No discount code needed to save between 20% - 60% off favorite items
6/17 - 7/30
- The Futon Shop Performance Organic Futon Mattress Sale 30% off all Organic Phiten Futon Mattresses
6/10 - 6/17
- Richard Bissell Fine Woodworking 10% off all handmade hardwood beds from Vermont Shaker furniture maker Richard Bissell
6/12 - 6/30
- McGuire Stock up: Warm sun, free fabric. Free Sunbrella fabric with any outdoor furniture purchase through July 10, while supplies last.
In store: Find your nearest location.
- Bloom Papers 25% off all Catalina Estrada wallpaper designs
- Graham & Brown Save up to 75% off of wallpaper and wall art during Graham & Brown's end of the Line Sale. Once these products are gone - they're gone!
- AllModern Shop a Variety Of Modern Outdoor Furniture at Low Prices
6/10 - 6/16
- FinnStyle All Marimekko fabrics, from cotton to upholstery, will be 30% off. Take advantage of this annual sale and liven up your home with bright and bold Marimekko patterns.
Online and in store: 160 Glenwood, Minneapolis, MN
- Fawn & Forest 20% Back in F&F Rewards on all Oeuf & Naturepedic Purchases
- ModMobili Pig On the Wings Sale Take 25% off the Pig on the Wings table/stool.
- Greentea Design's Annual Steps and Storage Event Save up to 25% on exquisitely crafted step chests and bookcases.
- Ligne Roset Togo Sale In honor of the 40th anniversary of their popular and iconic Togo, all products in the Togo collection, in any of their 899 fabrics and leathers, are 20% off.
- Oopsy Daisy Father's Day Sale Save 15% on all orders over $99
6/13 - 6/17
- Diseno Summer Rug Sale Save 20-50% on all in stock cowhide, leather, shearling and suede carpets. Includes all hides; natural, dyed, zebra, metallics.
Diseno: 409 Harrison Avenue, Boston
- Lightology As summer heats up, Lightology is “Chilling Out” with Exclusive June sales and promotions. Save 35% off list price on SLV Lighting and 28% off list on Smart & Green’s impact-resistant, portable LED lights. Find gorgeous outdoor/landscape lighting, as well as ceiling fans from Modern Fan Co.
Lightology: 215 W. Chicago Ave, Chicago
- BIG! Workshops Make Your Own Folding Stool with Mr. Fox Come relive (or experience for the first time) the skills of woodworking – 7th Grade Shop Style! This simple yet stylish folding stool is designed and inspired by Chris Fox’s long ago experiences in the in seventh grade, along with the rest of his shop class, where he built this folding stool. Be prepared to learn how to reuse flooring and other various building materials to create your very own folding stool to incorporate into your New York life as a plant stand, end table, balcony stool or picnic addition for summer park adventures.
This is a 3 session class, June 15, 22, 29 from 12:30pm to 2:00pm each day.
BIG! Workshops | 69 9th St. Brooklyn
6/15, 22 and 29 12:30 - 2 pm
- Blu Homes Breezehouse Don’t miss this opportunity to go inside the iconic Breezehouse, the first on the East Coast. With clean lines, high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows this green, prefab home contains a spacious indoor environment that perfectly reflects the natural beauty of the Hudson Valley. During your visit, join Blu Homes for a design seminar at noon to learn of the intricate design elements, sustainable features, and personalization options Blu offers to make your home uniquely yours.
6/21 and 6/22, 11 - 4
- Meg Cohen Design Shop Please join us Wednesday, June 19, 6-8 pm for a Pisco Sour and to see the beautiful jewelry and home furnishings from Peru by Ruta del Sol."Ruta del Sol is a collective brand launched by Perú as part of a holistic strategy that brings together tourism of a beautiful area in the Pacific Northwest, Perú's amazing food, and the talent of artisans from eight fishermen's towns and cities working with crochet, natural fibers and shells. The result: unexpected, whimsical design that tells a story of sustainability, integrity and identity with a sense of humor."
- Meg Cohen | 59 Thompson Street
6/19, 6-8 pm
- Rico All Out Sale All Out Spring Clearance Sale. Lee, American Leather, and DellaRobbia floor samples. Lighting, art prints, office and media cabinets and rugs are discounted 40% to 80% off.
Rico | 546 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Nantucket Home Recliner Sale It's the American Leather Factory Authorized Comfort Recliner Sale! The recliner is available in four different sizes and seven different styles. With over 300 fabric and leather options, you can easily find an option that matches your space.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico California 95928
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
(Images: Clockwise: Finnstlye, Bloom Papers, Graham & Brown, OopsyDaisy )