Celebrate the solstice with some good design! This week's listings include sales on Blik for your walls and Designers Guild for your bed along with events on both coasts: Dwell on Design in LA and Renegade Craft Fair in Brooklyn...
Shown above, clockwise: Blik, Ligne Roset, West Elm, Designers Guild
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Blik Kick off summer solstice with 25% off Blik retail products
Online with code available on Blik's site
6/21 - 23
- Designers Guild Summer Sale
Up to 60% off bedding, cushions, rugs and more
- Ligne Roset Cabinetry Sale
Enjoy 20% off all new cabinetry orders. Bookcases, TV units, sideboards, dining and occasional tables.
Online and in stores
- West Elm Buy More Save More Sale
Online and in stores
- Vermont Woods Studio Summer Bedroom Sale
Up to 20% on our Vermont handcrafted, real wood bedroom furniture. Plus free shipping and lifetime guarantee
- MoMA Design Store Summer Sale The MoMA Design Store is planning a summer sale on select items throughout their New York stores and online at MoMAstore.org. Save up to 60% on select tabletop, desk and personal accessories, home furnishings, stationary and books. No discount code needed to save between 20% - 60% off favorite items
6/17 - 7/30
- Richard Bissell Fine Woodworking 10% off all handmade hardwood beds from Vermont Shaker furniture maker Richard Bissell
6/12 - 6/30
- McGuire Stock up: Warm sun, free fabric. Free Sunbrella fabric with any outdoor furniture purchase through July 10, while supplies last.
In store: Find your nearest location.
- Bloom Papers 25% off all Catalina Estrada wallpaper designs
- Graham & Brown Save up to 75% off of wallpaper and wall art during Graham & Brown's end of the Line Sale. Once these products are gone - they're gone!
- Greentea Design's Annual Steps and Storage Event Save up to 25% on exquisitely crafted step chests and bookcases.
- Ligne Roset Togo Sale In honor of the 40th anniversary of their popular and iconic Togo, all products in the Togo collection, in any of their 899 fabrics and leathers, are 20% off.
- Oopsy Daisy Save 20% on all orders over $99
6/21 - 24
- Diseno Summer Rug Sale Save 20-50% on all in stock cowhide, leather, shearling and suede carpets. Includes all hides; natural, dyed, zebra, metallics.
Diseno: 409 Harrison Avenue, Boston
- Lightology As summer heats up, Lightology is “Chilling Out” with Exclusive June sales and promotions. Save 35% off list price on SLV Lighting and 28% off list on Smart & Green’s impact-resistant, portable LED lights. Find gorgeous outdoor/landscape lighting, as well as ceiling fans from Modern Fan Co.
Lightology: 215 W. Chicago Ave, Chicago
- Dwell on Design Dwell on Design (DOD), June 21-23, 2013 is America's largest modern design event attracting more than 30,000 attendees during Dwell Design Week in Los Angeles, CA (June 14-23, 2013). The event, held at the Los Angeles Convention Center and produced by Dwell magazine, showcases new design ideas, products, and services in conjunction with world-class design speakers, exhibitions, & home tours.
Dwell on Design
6/21 - 23
- Pecha Kucha x Ping Pong Night Pecha Kucha returns to LADF, but we’re kicking it up a notch this year and adding a bit of sport to the mix. Don’t miss the first-ever Pecha Kucha x Ping Pong Night, co-hosted by de LaB at SPiN
Pecha Kucha x Ping Pong | The Standard 550 S. Flower Street, LA
6/26, 7 - 10 pm
- LADF Los Angeles Design Festival
6/13 - 30
- Renegade Craft Fair Come on out and shop 300+ makers of jewelry, custom clothing, pottery, perfume, textiles, original artwork and much more.
East River State Park | N. 8th St. and Kent Ave. Brooklyn
6/22 - 23 11 - 7
- BIG! Workshops Mosaic What Your Momma Gave You Come make modern mosaic art with Miss Shannon Kerner! We will teach you the ins and outs of designing a stellar tile mosaic that you could then incorporate into your DIY home projects. Bring something special to incorporate into your design and prompt great conversation.
BIG! Workshops | 69 9th St. Brooklyn
6/27 6 - 9 pm
- Blu Homes Breezehouse Don’t miss this opportunity to go inside the iconic Breezehouse, the first on the East Coast. With clean lines, high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows this green, prefab home contains a spacious indoor environment that perfectly reflects the natural beauty of the Hudson Valley. During your visit, join Blu Homes for a design seminar at noon to learn of the intricate design elements, sustainable features, and personalization options Blu offers to make your home uniquely yours.
6/21 and 6/22, 11 - 4
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Nantucket Home Recliner Sale It's the American Leather Factory Authorized Comfort Recliner Sale! The recliner is available in four different sizes and seven different styles. With over 300 fabric and leather options, you can easily find an option that matches your space.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico California 95928
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
(Images: Clockwise: Blik, Ligne Roset, West Elm, Designers Guild )