Mother's Day is this Sunday. If you've procrastinated on picking up a gift, there are still a number of Mother's Day sales in the Weekend Guide. If mom's taken care of, then treat yourself to a weekend of fun and shopping. Check out all the sales and events in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown above, clockwise: Jonathan Adler Warehouse Sale, Woonwinkel Turns Two, Heath Ceramics Open Studio, Area Bedding Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Woonwinkel Turns Two! Help Woonwinkel celebrate their anniversary with a sale and take 20% off everything.Woonwinkel is Dutch for "home shop" and is decidedly new modern: warm inviting, tactile, and quirky. They showcase independent designers from Europe and North America, with a particular affection for makers on the U.S. west coast.
Online and in store
- De-cor Mother's Day Online Promotion Celebrate Mom with Limited Edition Kantha Throws and pillows at 30% off. Designed with vintage textiles, each is one of a kind.
- Twofold Mother's Day Promotion 20% off all items.
- Hammer & Hand Mother's Day Sale Fantastic pieces to make your mother, wife, daughter or sister's day! One-of-a-kind, eco-friendly vintage and antique home goods that will brighten their day.
- Greentea Design's Rustic Collection Launch Sale It's Greentea Design's 15th anniversary. To celebrate, they're giving customers 20% off on the newly launched Rustic Collection.
- Ankasa Introduction Sale Ankasa, the home décor line from Sachin + Babi Ahluwalia, launched e-commerce on their website and to celebrate they're offering 20% off sitewide.
- Comma Workshop Limited Edition Collection Sale Comma Workshop's Limited Edition Quilt Collection designed with award winning writer, Jody Jenkins, is coming to an end! Enjoy 40% off these special typography quilts before they retire the collection forever.
- SOBU Fifteen Sale The entire SOBU Spring collection is 15% off. SOBU's eclectic, modern bohemian styling adds a little special something to every room of the house. Reclaimed, recycled, formaldehyde-free and absolutely no flame retardants used in the any of SOBU's designs.
- Modern Karibou Clearance Sale 30% off selected in stock items.
- Matthew Izzo Spring Colors Sale Brighten up your home with bold colors this spring. Save up to 40% off on select items.
- Fawn&Forest Rewards Event Celebrate Spring with 20% back in Fawn&Forest Rewards! Earn $1 back in rewards for every $5 spent, good towards future purchases.
- Hivernage Moroccan Wedding Blanket Sale Hivernage, an online marketplace for exotic finds from Marrakech, is offering 10% - 50% off all Moroccan Wedding Blankets and related accessories. These coveted pieces are sought after by interior designers and collectors and are a versatile piece in any style interior.
- Lightology "May Blooms" Sale With spring in full bloom and summer just around the corner, May is the perfect time to brighten up indoor and outdoor spaces, with up to 42% savings at Lightology. Edge Outdoor Lighting & Wall Sconces are 30% off list price, and all Access Outdoor lighting is 28% off list.
Online and in store
- Ligne Roset Togo Sale In honor of the 40th anniversary of their popular and iconic Togo, all products in the Togo collection, in any of their 899 fabrics and leathers, are 20% off.
- Peterson Garden Project Plant Sale Shop a very special selection of seedlings that were personally selected by Peterson Garden Project gardeners for growing in Chicago. All seedlings will be heirlooms sourced from their friends at Seed Savers Exchange, and they will be organically grown by Lake Street Landscape Supply.
Peterson Garden Center Learning Center | 4642 North Francisco Avenue,
Chicago, Illinois 606255/10 - 5/12: 10am- 4pm
- North Shore Flea The makers of the Vintage Garage Chicago are excited to premiere the North Shore Flea. Dozens of vendors will be there offering the best clothing, jewelry, furniture, accessories, electronics, book, music and locally-crafted items.
5/12: 9am - 5pm
- Sunday at Sandwich Antiques Show Sunday This is a new monthly market that will be held at the historic Sandwich Fairgrounds in Sandwich, Illinois on the second Sundays of each month May through October (except September). Shop antiques, collectibles, re-purposed items and garden fare.
Sandwich Antique Show | 1401 Suydam Road, Sandwich, Illinois 60548
5/12: 8am - 4pm
- Nest Vintage Modern: La Grange Grand Opening After 3 years as an eCommerce storefront and a year as a brick and mortar in nearby Brookfield, Nest Vintage Modern has made the next big step and moved to downtown La Grange, Illinois. They opened their doors on May 4th and will be open between now and the grand opening on Saturday, May 18th. That’s when things will be at full speed.
Nest Vintage Modern | 26 South La Grange Road, Lagrange, Illinois 60525
- Stark Home Warehouse Sale Take advantage of this opportunity to shop at America’s finest “to the trade” home furnishings showroom. Save up to 75 percent off regular prices on carpets, area rugs, fabric and wallcoverings. Shop over 100,000 square feet of designer merchandise. A percentage of the proceeds are donated to DIFFA – the Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS of Chicago which is known for their annual Dining by Design dinner and Garden Gala.
Stark Home | 225 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Chicago Luxury Beds Mother's Day Promotion This Mother's Day and throughout the month of May, Chicago Luxury Beds is helping to give the ultimate gift of relaxation with 25% off all CLB accessories. Their impressive pedigree of sleep products includes Christian Fischbacher and Sferra Linens, assorted sleep masks, travel accesories, home fragrance from Quintessence-Paris and more. Shoppers also have the option to tailor a custom pillow to meet their Mom's specifications and personalize with an embroidered message from The Pillow Bar.
Chicago Luxury Bed | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Go West Young Man - From movie sets in the 1940s to West Hollywood Today Creative gay men from around the globe flocked to West Hollywood in the 1940's to create iconic movie sets. Their influence is still seen today — in architecture, film and the design enclave that sprung up in Los Angeles. See what panelists, acclaimed designers Trip Haenisch, Jamie Bush and James Radin, have to say about it! All part of LCDQ's Legends week.
Tufenkian Carpets Showroom | 501 N. La Cienega Boulevard, West Hollywood, California 90048
5/10: 3pm - 4pm
- Heath Ceramics Open Studio This Spring event gives visitors the chance to explore Heath's history and current projects and collection. At the LA location you’ll have an interactive experience in the Heath studio to create a Heath Bud Vase.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
5/10: 10am - 7pm
5/11: 10am - 6pm
5/12: 10am - 6pm
Area Bedding Sale
50%+ off select items in-store, including duvets, sheets, cases, linen and blankets.Area Home
| 8307 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
- Pollack Warehouse Sale While mostly a to-the-trade brand, Pollack is opening their warehouse to the public with this sale at a tremendous savings of 60-90% off first quality sheers, upholsteries, velvets, silks, embroideries and more.
Pollack Warehouse | 629 Grove Street, Jersey City, New Jersey 07310
- I Like Mike's Mid-Century Modern Moms Sale Anything for mom's desk is 25% off. From mid-century desk lamps to desk clocks to Mad Men telephones to table sculptures to coasters—many beautiful vintage options to bring together mom's desk, including the desk itself.
I Like Mike's | 161 Decatur Street, Brooklyn, New York 11233
5/11: 11am - 6pm
- Jonathan Adler Warehouse Sale It's time for the highly anticipated Annual Warehouse Sale. Savings up to 70% on Jonathan Adler's furniture, lighting, pottery, home decor, dinnerware, and more.
Jonathan Adler Warehouse | 513 Irving Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11237
5/10: 10am - 6pm
5/11: 9am - 5pm
- We, The Makers Stillmade presents We, The Makers, an unbelievable collection of local Brooklyn talent. Coinciding with BKLYN DESIGNS, kick off NY Design week in DUMBO. The space opens at noon and drink offerings from local breweries will be served through Friday and Saturday night.
We, The Makers | 160 Water Street, New York, New York 10038
5/10 - 5/12
- Counter Editions Pop-Up Shop at the New Museum Counter Editions, the leading UK affordable online art retailer, is to launch in the US with a dedicated US website and a new series of limited editions by renowned New York based artists. Counter Editions will promote the New York launch with a pop-up shop at the New Museum Store, where all the new editions will be on display and available for purchase.
New Museum Store | 235 Bowery, New York, New York 10002
- Frieze Art Fair Frieze New York features over 180 of the most exciting contemporary art galleries in the world. In addition to being able to see and buy art by over 1,000 of the world’s leading artists, visitors can experience Frieze Projects, the fair’s program of artists’ specially commissioned projects and Frieze Talks, a program of debates, panel discussions and keynote lectures.
Frize New York | Randall's Island, New York, New York
5/10 - 5/13
- Herbs for City Dwellers Modern city life is fast, stressful and demanding. Consequently, all city dwellers – healers and clients alike – tend to have similar stress patterns, and thus the same stressed organ systems. Come to learn the top herbs to consider, and learn about the typical organ systems that need herbal support. This class discusses the herbs for the stress of city life from nervines to liver herbs.
ArborVitae | 80 8th Avenue, Suite 1302, New York, New York 10011
5/14: 7pm - 9pm
- Area Bedding Sale 50%+ off select items in-store, including duvets, sheets, cases, linen and blankets.
Area Home | 58 East 11th Street, New York, New York 10003
- Round Zero Art Exhibition Round Zero, a fine art exhibition featuring four contemporary painters, will be at the Art Director’s Club in Manhattan. Tim Okamura, Jerome Lagarrigue, Taha Clayton and Joseph Adolphe will exhibit their latest boxing-themed work in a collection curated by Dexter Wimberly.
Art Director’s Club | 106 West 29th Street, New York, New York 10001
5/13 - 5/17
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Mentoring Courtney Love: David LaChapelle and Courtney Love The concept of mentoring is one not often associated with the contemporary art world. Yet artist Courtney Love, best known as a musician, credits artist and photographer David LaChapelle with mentoring her as a visual artist. Love's work, featured in this exhibition, are all works on paper. They are executed in a combination of pastel, watercolor, graphite, colored pencil, charcoal, acrylic, and marker. The works on view are all portraits, including some self-portraits, and this is where we see the relationship between her work and that of her mentor David LaChapelle.
Lyman Allen Art Museum | 625 Williams Street, New London, Connecticut 06320
Exhibit: Through 8/10
- Making it in America: Artek CEO Mirkku Kullberg Direct from Finland, Artek’s CEO, Mirkku Kullberg, will participate in the 375th anniversary celebration of the establishment of the colony of New Sweden and be part of a panel discussion. Led by moderator Dr. Stephen Tang, the panel will share their success stories and views on the secrets to success in America and will focus on how the Nordic countries became global leaders in such innovative industries as design, travel and hospitality, cuisine and gaming. Free Tickets Required
Seaport Museum | 211 South Christopher Columbus Boulevard, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19106
5/11: 9am - 10:30am
- Heath Ceramics Open Studio This Spring event gives visitors the chance to explore Heath's history and current projects and collection. This is the first time Heath will have an Open Studio event in its San Francisco Space, located in the Northeast Mission neighborhood. A tour of the factory, community and studio spaces will be offered throughout the weekend. And in Sausalito they’ll have general factory tours and focus tours on Glazing and Mold Making.
Heath Ceramics | 400 Gate Five Road, Sausalito, California 94965
Heath Ceramics | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
5/10: 10am - 7pm
5/11: 10am - 6pm
5/12: 10am - 6pm
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Spotlight on Design: SOM/Gary Haney Skidmore, Owings & Merrill Architects (SOM) has designed and engineered some of the tallest buildings in the world. SOM design principal Gary Haney, AIA, RIBA, presents the innovative design process behind the firm’s work, including the recently completed, 1,354-foot tall Al Hamra Tower in Kuwait City, one of the world’s tallest buildings.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
5/14: 6:30pm - 8pm
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
(Images: Jonathan Adler, Woonwinkel, Heath Ceramics, Area Home)