Wherever you are in the country, there's a sale or shopping event to get you out of the house this weekend. From the Modernica Factory Sale in LA to the Renegade Craft Fair in Austin to a host of Design Week events in New York, there are plenty of reasons to get out and freshen up your home. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown above, clockwise: Stark Home Warehouse Sale, Modernica Factory Sale, Matthew Izzo Spring Colors Sale, The Renegade Craft Fair
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- Design Public Oxford Garden Dining Sets Sale Up to 30% off various Oxford Garden dining sets.
- Design Public Knoll Richard Schultz Sale Get 15% off the Knoll Richard Schultz Collection.
- Greentea Design's Rustic Collection Launch Sale It's Greentea Design's 15th anniversary. To celebrate, they're giving customers 20% off on the newly launched Rustic Collection.
- Matthew Izzo Spring Colors Sale Brighten up your home with bold colors this spring. Save up to 40% off on select items.
- Fawn&Forest Rewards Event Celebrate Spring with 20% back in Fawn&Forest Rewards! Earn $1 back in rewards for every $5 spent, good towards future purchases.
- Hivernage Moroccan Wedding Blanket Sale Hivernage, an online marketplace for exotic finds from Marrakech, is offering 10% - 50% off all Moroccan Wedding Blankets and related accessories. These coveted pieces are sought after by interior designers and collectors and are a versatile piece in any style interior.
- Lightology "May Blooms" Sale With spring in full bloom and summer just around the corner, May is the perfect time to brighten up indoor and outdoor spaces, with up to 42% savings at Lightology. Edge Outdoor Lighting & Wall Sconces are 30% off list price, and all Access Outdoor lighting is 28% off list.
Online and in store
- Ligne Roset Togo Sale In honor of the 40th anniversary of their popular and iconic Togo, all products in the Togo collection, in any of their 899 fabrics and leathers, are 20% off.
- Our Boat House Memorial Day Sale Find furnishings inspired by the sea and get 20% off your entire order.
- AllModern Richard Schultz Sale Get 15% off the Knoll Richard Schultz Collection.
- AllModern Missoni Home Sale Save 10% on all Missoni Home Products.
Online (Use promo code Missoni10)
- AllModern May Lighting Sale 10% OFF ET2, 20% OFF Dainolite, and 15% off Z-Lite.
Online (For Z-Lite, use promo code ZLite15.)
- The Renegade Craft Fair The Renegade Craft Fair is a curated indie-craft marketplace showcasing the brightest talents in contemporary craft and design. Their fairs bring hundreds of makers out of their studios and workshops and into the spotlight for a festive weekend celebration of all things handmade. Each individual event is juried from hundreds of applications, then curated to highlight an eclectic array of both experienced and emergent designers producing one-of-a-kind and limited edition goods in a wide variety of media.
Palmer Events Center | 900 Barton Springs Road, Austin, Texas 78704
5/18 - 5/19: 11am - 7pm
- 9th Annual Downtown Living Tour The Downtown Austin Neighborhood Association presents the 9th Annual Downtown Living Tour, featuring residences around Austin’s lively metropolitan area. For one day, tour goers can experience the perks of downtown living! Walk to a nearby food truck for lunch or pop into a few boutiques between seeing the city’s best examples of urban living spaces located in stunning high-rises such as The Shore Condos and 360 Condominiums. For the first time, complimentary, air-conditioned shuttles will take attendees from one stop to the next, while champagne, cocktails and snacks will be provided at tour stops along the way. Enjoy a leisurely Sunday filled with gorgeous views, delicious drinks, and eye-catching décor! Tickets required
5/19: 10am - 5pm
- Laura & Kiran Hancrafted Kalamkari Bedding Sale At the Laura & Kiran company store, the Kalamkari bedding collection, handcrafted in India, is on sale at 50% off. Choose from 7 different patterns.in blues, blacks and earth tones, available in Twin and Queen soft voile quilts with matching pillows. In store only.
Laura & Kiran | 1425 4th Street Berkeley, California 94710
- Green Home Chicago Annual Fundraiser This year Green Home Chicago is supporting a new not for profit started by three passionate young women. Yoga Gardens offers programs in yoga and gardening to city youth. Admission is $15 per person, which includes food and drinks. Great silent auction items and entertainment.
5/17: 6pm - 9pm
- Nest Vintage Modern: La Grange Grand Opening After 3 years as an eCommerce storefront and a year as a brick and mortar in nearby Brookfield, Nest Vintage Modern has made the next big step and moved to downtown La Grange, Illinois. They opened their doors on May 4th and will be open between now and the grand opening on Saturday, May 18th. That’s when things will be at full speed.
Nest Vintage Modern | 26 South La Grange Road, Lagrange, Illinois 60525
- Stark Home Warehouse Sale Take advantage of this opportunity to shop at America’s finest “to the trade” home furnishings showroom. Save up to 75 percent off regular prices on carpets, area rugs, fabric and wallcoverings. Shop over 100,000 square feet of designer merchandise. A percentage of the proceeds are donated to DIFFA – the Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS of Chicago which is known for their annual Dining by Design dinner and Garden Gala.
Stark Home | 225 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Chicago Luxury Beds Mother's Day Promotion This Mother's Day and throughout the month of May, Chicago Luxury Beds is helping to give the ultimate gift of relaxation with 25% off all CLB accessories. Their impressive pedigree of sleep products includes Christian Fischbacher and Sferra Linens, assorted sleep masks, travel accesories, home fragrance from Quintessence-Paris and more. Shoppers also have the option to tailor a custom pillow to meet their Mom's specifications and personalize with an embroidered message from The Pillow Bar.
Chicago Luxury Bed | 440 North Wells Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
- Modernica Factory Sale During this one-day event, customers will have a rare chance to purchase a full range of products at 20% - 70% off. Modernica’s factory sales are attended by thousands of customers seeking mid-century modern pieces for their homes and gardens. All products from Modernica’s standard product line are offered, such as Fiberglass Shell Chairs and George Nelson Bubble Lamps, as well as Case Study Stainless outdoor furniture, bedroom, and dining furniture, at super low prices.
Modernica | 2901 Saco Street, Los Angeles, California 90058
5/18: 9am - 3pm
- Curated Goods Monthly 1 Day Sale Get 30% off anything (15% off luxury leather goods) in store or online . Get deals on gorgeous mid century modern furniture, home decor, art, photography and more.
Curated Goods | 1675 Superior Avenue, Costa Mesa, California 92627
5/18: 12pm - 6pm
- Mondo Collection Celebrates New York Design Week Join Mondo Collection in celebrating New York Design Week with new designs from Ramon Esteve, Jaime Hayon, Karina Sukar, Supergrau, Karim Rashid, Studio Andree Putman and others. In addition to a number of new collections from around the world, Mondo Collection will be launching a new line of candles that will be available for sale at the event, all proceeds will be donated to the Alpha Workshops.
Mondo Collection | 20 West 22nd Street, 2nd Floor, New York, New York 10010
5/17: 8pm - 12am
- The Case for Authentic Design Conversation Does it all come down to price? Or is having unique, original and lasting objects which manufacturers and designers spend huge amounts of money and time creating important? Join Julie Lasky, Deputy Home Editor of the New York Times as she discusses the topic of authentic design and its future for the design industry with Giulio Cappellini, architect/owner of Cappellini (a member company of Be Original); Emmanuel Plat, Director of Merchandising, Retail, for the Museum of Modern Art; Todd Bracher, designer and founder of Todd Bracher Studio; Allan Chochinov, Editor in Chief of Core77 and chair of SVA’s MFA Products of Design and Sam Grawe, Editorial Director, Herman Miller (a member company of Be Original).
New York's Wanted Design Ligne Roset Lounge | 269 11th Avenue,
New York, New York 100015/18: 3pm - 4pm
- Home Is Not Just a Chair Join CITE for a panel discussion on the role emotions play in design, and how design shapes the home with Josh Owen, Paul Loebach, Paul Nijhuis, Christopher Coleman and Julie Taraska. Following the discussion, will be a wine and champagne reception to celebrate New York Design Week.
CITE | 32 Greene Street, New York, New York 10013
5/18: 4pm- 8pm
- Breezehouse Home Tour Don’t miss this opportunity to go inside the iconic Breezehouse, the first on the East Coast. With clean lines, high ceilings and floor-to-ceiling windows this green, prefab home contains a spacious indoor environment that perfectly reflects the natural beauty of the Hudson Valley. During your Breezehouse visit, join Blu Homes for an exclusive design seminar at noon to learn of the intricate design elements, sustainable features, and personalization options Blu offers to make your home uniquely yours.
Hudson Breezehouse | 68 Peartree Lane, Copake, New York 12516
5/18 - 5/19
- Paola Navone Unveils Installation & New Collection at Anthropologie Celebrated Italian architect and designer Paola Navone is recognized for her work with names like Alessi, Armani Home, Eumenes, Kasthall, Lando, Natuzzi and Reichenbach. Anthropologie commemorates its addition to that list with a cocktail reception at their SoHo store location featuring one of Navone’s renowned installations and “Out of India”, her new bedroom collection.
Anthropologie | 375 West Broadway, New York, New York 10012
5/19: 6pm - 8pm
- Wilder Workshops: Floral and Food Wilder is a magazine and community for growers and outdoor enthusiasts. While they primarily make a magazine for both experts and novices, they've decided to share more of their knowledge with Wilder Workshops. This week, the focus is on flowers as design elements, including floral arrangement and dyeing. You'll also find beginner level food growing classes including a look at the wonderful world of herbs. The day ends with a one-of-a-kind native dinner highlighting some of the best and yummiest plants in New York State.
Isa | 348 Wythe Avenue, New York, New York 11211
5/19: 9am - 7pm
- The Amazing Nineteenth Century: A Lecture by J. Ward Regan This talk focuses on the development of specific innovations in the nineteenth century and examines how they formed the core of the industrial transformation of American society. The different subjects covered link the material transformation of the world with new ideas about society and government.
Lyndhurst | 635 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591
- Alessi In-Store Event: Product Signing with Designer Mario Trimarchi Alessi invites you to meet designer Mario Trimarchi. He will sign any of the pieces he has designed for Alessi that are purchased on site. Refreshments will be served.
Alessi | 30 East 60th Street, New York, New York 10065
5/21: 5pm - 7pm
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Mentoring Courtney Love: David LaChapelle and Courtney Love The concept of mentoring is one not often associated with the contemporary art world. Yet artist Courtney Love, best known as a musician, credits artist and photographer David LaChapelle with mentoring her as a visual artist. Love's work, featured in this exhibition, are all works on paper. They are executed in a combination of pastel, watercolor, graphite, colored pencil, charcoal, acrylic, and marker. The works on view are all portraits, including some self-portraits, and this is where we see the relationship between her work and that of her mentor David LaChapelle.
Lyman Allen Art Museum | 625 Williams Street, New London, Connecticut 06320
Exhibit: Through 8/10
- Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Public Sale An American + Scandinavian Mid-Century furniture wholesale warehouse, normally dealers only, open to the public for 3 hours this Sunday. 5000 square feet of furniture, art, and lighting.
Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse | 1701 North 2nd Street (Entrance on Cecil B. Moore) Philadelphia, PA 19122
5/19: 12pm - 3pm
- Esteban Interiors Anniversary Sale Up to 75% off the entire store. Vintage hand-blown Blenko and Murano glass and accessories, Jonathan Adler lighting and custom furniture pieces all on sale. Discounts vary by item and quantities are limited. Cash only. All sales final.
Esteban Interiors | 7605 Girard Ave., La Jolla, CA 92037
- Skill Exchange Mixer at Makeshift Society Skill Exchange (skillexchangeSF.com) is teaming up with San Francisco’s most creative coworking space to offer an engaging series of evening workshops to inspire your senses and help jumpstart fun DIY projects and new culinary adventures. We’re kicking off this season of making with a party. The evening will be full of social skill-swapping activities, with brief, but essential lessons lead by San Francisco’s finest makers. Tickets required
Makeshift Society | 235 Gough Street, San Francisco, California 94102
5/17: 7pm - 9pm
- Gilt City Warehouse Sale Gilt.com's women's and men's fashion and accessories, kid's clothing and accessories and home goods discounted up to 90% off. Tickets required
The Sutter Room | 1270 Sutter Street, San Francisco, California 94109
5/18: 11am- 5pm
- 2013 Marin Living: Home Tours Presented by AIA San Francisco and the Center for Architecture + Design, Marin Living: Home Tours is the first tour series of its kind in the Bay Area to promote a wide variety of architectural styles, neighborhoods, and residences—all from the architect's point of view. The annual program provides design enthusiasts and the general public with an inside look into the world of distinctive residences in Marin.
5/18: 10am - 4pm
- "Photographs" at March March presents "Photographs," an exhibition of Paulette Tavormina's still lifes - lush photographs of food and flora, reminiscent of 17th century Old Master paintings.
March | 3075 Sacramento Street, San Francisco, California 94115
- Nantucket Home Recliner Sale It's the American Leather Factory Authorized Comfort Recliner Sale! The recliner is available in four different sizes and seven different styles. With over 300 fabric and leather options, you can easily find an option that matches your space.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico California 95928
- Room to Grow Pinterest Contest Kick Off A Room & Board in-store event with fun-for-the-whole-family activities, such as creating original spin art with the YOLO Colorhouse Pedal Powered Spin Art Bike, and sampling healthy snacks from Annie’s Homegrown to kick off their Room to Grow Pinterest contest.
Room & Board | 2675 NE University Village Street, Seattle, Washington 98105
5/18 - 5/19
- Lucketts Annual Spring Antiques Market In search of vintage treasures? Look no further than The Old Lucketts Store's biggest annual event! Lucketts brings over 170 vendors from across the country for the Spring Antiques Market. The market features killer antique and vintage items for you and your home, including furniture, lamps, home accessories, collectibles, jewelry, clothing, and much, much more!
Lucketts | 42350 Lucketts Road, Leesburg, Virginia 20176
5/18 - 5/19: 10am - 5pm
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008
(Images: Ligne Roset, Modernica, Matthew Izzo, The Renegade Craft Fair)