Both the temperatures and the sales are heating up as we move into June. From classics like Herman Miller to contemporary looks from Magis, there are deals to be had along with art, crafts and local goodies at city fests, fairs and fundraisers. Check it all out in the Weekend Guide, pass it on and be sure to send us your own sale or event.
Shown above, clockwise:
NATIONAL & ONLINE
- ArtFact's Asian, Antiques, Fine Art, Jewelry Auction Asian antiques, Middle Eastern fine art, prints and lithographs. Picasso, Miro, Dali, Leroy Neiman, Agam, Azoulay, Royo, Jiang Tiefeng, Steve Kaufman. Signed sports memorabilia: Muhammad Ali, Joe Frazier, Dan Marino. Museum grade pottery.
6/2: 12pm - 2pm
- YLiving Herman Miller Sale Save 15% on all Herman Miller designs.
- Design Public Magis Sale 15% off all designs by Magis.
- ModMobili Pig On the Wings Sale Take 25% off the Pig on the Wings table/stool.
- Greentea Design's Annual Steps and Storage Event Save up to 25% on exquisitely crafted step chests and bookcases.
- Do-Division Street Fest & Sidewalk Sale This signature West Town event combines all the best elements of a great Chicago street fest: a rousing live music bill, local independent retailers and artisans, and exciting family fun. The 2013 Fest also features a new 'Do-Fashion' area - helping give the estimated 75,000-plus attendees a taste of what makes Division Street one of the hottest entertainment and cultural corridors in the Midwest.
Do-Division Street Fest | Division Street from Damen to Leavitt
5/31 - 6/2
- Elusive Emporium Elusive Emporium is a 3 day experiment that brings together a diverse group of 7 artists, artisans and designers, blending their work to create a uniquely curated but short-lived shopping experience. By allowing juxtaposed textures, contrasting colors and inspired pairings to paint the scene, this event adds a touch of surprise and unexpected joy to the everyday, while exploring a few questions about how we interact, engage and enjoy.
Elusive Emporium | 108 North State Street, Chicago, Illinois 60602
5/31 - 6/2
- Chicago Flea MKT One of a kind, independent artists, designers, & culinary talent - coupled with curated vintage & re-furbished collections. Some of the Midwest's most talented artisans, all in one place, all in open-air.
A.N. Pritzker School | 2009 West Schiller Street, Chicago, Illinois 60622
6/2: 10am - 5pm
- Design on a Dime Cohost Kelly Edwards Book Signing Former Design on a Sime cohost and design expert Kelly Edwards will be signing her new book, The Design Cookbook: Recipes for a Stylish Home.
Barnes & Noble | 297 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, Illinois 60523
- Project Angel Food's GET ART 2013 With over 200 pieces of affordable art available for purchase, Project Angel Food's annual GET ART fundraiser has become a can't miss event for both experienced art collectors and new buyers. This gallery-style event features art work generously donated by local and emerging artists in support of Project Angel Food and its mission. GET ART 2013 will also feature live art experiences, music from DJ Paul V, hosted drink specials and a performance by electro-pop group Hi-Fashion. Tickets required
Siren@Orange Studio, 1050 N. Orange Drive. Hollywood, CA 90038
6/1: 7pm - 10pm
- Lummis Day Festival Music, dance, poetry and art representing a rainbow of cultural traditions will be presented at the eighth annual Lummis Day Festival. Heritage Square Museum | 3800 Homer Street, Los Angeles, California 900316/2: 10:30am - 7pm
- War/Photography: Images of Armed Conflict & Its Aftermath War/Photography encompasses over 150 images going as far back as 1887 through present-day and is arranged by themes presenting both the military and civilian point of view including the advent of war, daily routines, the fight itself, the aftermath, medical care, prisoners of war, refugees, executions, memorials, remembrance and more.
Annenberg Space for Photography | 2000 Avenue of the Stars, Los Angeles, California 90067
- Patchwork Show Over 100 local vendors selling diverse handmade goods curated goods. Plus food trucks, photo booths, DIY stations to get your craft-on, bike valet, food artisan area, and live music.
Patchwork Show | 5255 East Paoli Way, Long Beach, California 90803
6/2: 11am - 5pm
- Frank Viva at MoMA Design Store The final event of the season for the MoMA Design Store Children’s Author Series is with Frank Viva presenting his newest book A Long Way Away. Viva, an award-winning illustrator and graphic designer from Canada, is a cover artist for The New Yorker magazine and his work has also appeared in The New York Times.
MoMA Design Store | 81 Spring Street, New York, New York 10012
6/1: 11am - 12pm
- I Like Mike's Mid-Century Modern Sale All side and coffee tables 25% off, all floor lamps 30% off and all Wall Clocks 25% off.
I Like Mike's Mid-Century Modern | 161 Decatur Street, Brooklyn, New York 11233
6/1 - 6/2: 11am - 6pm
- Rose Day Garden Celebration Celebrate Lyndhurst’s spectacular rose garden in full bloom and honor the Irvington Garden Club that keeps it lush. Refreshments and music in the rose garden. Free admission.
Lyndhurst | 635 South Broadway, Tarrytown, New York 10591
6/2: 10am - 5pm
- Rico All Out Sale All Out Spring Clearance Sale. Lee, American Leather, and DellaRobbia floor samples. Lighting, art prints, office and media cabinets and rugs are discounted 40% to 80% off.
Rico | 546 Third Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215
- Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers Making Room: New Models for Housing New Yorkers features a full-scale, 325-square-foot micro-unit with architecture by Amie Gross Architects. Organized in conjunction with Citizens Housing & Planning Council (CHPC), Making Room explores how New York City's changing social, economic, and cultural demographics—especially the rise of single adults—are dramatically changing urban households, and how architecture can help re-shape the city's housing stock for New Yorkers at all phases of their lives.
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10029
- Nantucket Home Recliner Sale It's the American Leather Factory Authorized Comfort Recliner Sale! The recliner is available in four different sizes and seven different styles. With over 300 fabric and leather options, you can easily find an option that matches your space.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway, Chico California 95928
- Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains Out of Southeast Asia: Art That Sustains — the last exhibition presented in The Textile Museum's historic location before the museum's 2014 reopening — promises to be a beautiful pairing of tradition and innovation. Out of Southeast Asia demonstrates how four artists are reinventing traditional Southeast Asian textile techniques, designs, and ideology in new and meaningful ways.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street NW, Washington, DC 20008