The steady march toward Thanksgiving continues. With only two weeks remaining before the holiday, now's the time to put the finishing touches on your home. We've rounded up a list of sales and events, both local and national, that should help you feather your nest for turkey day. Check out the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Ligne Roset Upholstery Sale 15% off all Ligne Roset pieces offered in plush Alcantara.
Wexel Art PromotionWexel Art Changeable Frames make for a unique, modern and functional holiday gift. Get a free mini level with every order and enjoy free gift wrap on orders over $50.
11/16 - 11/23
• CB2 "Can Do" Food Drive CB2 is partnering with local foodbanks for an in-store food drive and with Share our Strength, mobilizing CB2 customers to help nourish our communities. Shoppers who donate 7 non-perishable food items in-store will save 15% on their total purchase; online, shoppers who donate $10 to Share our Strength at checkout will save 15% on orders at CB2.com.
Online and in stores
• Lightology November Sale 20-35% off hundreds of fantastic holiday gifts from Koncept, Cerno, Artemide, Trend Lighting, Itre, Edge Lighting and more!
• Jack and Jill Boutique Grand Opening Take 5% off furniture purchase over $500 at this grand opening sale.
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• Proto-Pop: The Elegant Object International Poster Gallery proudly presents "Proto-Pop: The Elegant Object", a first-of-its-kind exhibition of original vintage Object Posters from the 1920s to the 1940s, offered as precursors to the controversial and explosive Pop Art movement of the 1960s and 1970s. The exhibition features 30 posters from Object Poster masters like Herbert Leupin, Otto Baumberger and Peter Birkhauser.
International Poster Gallery | 205 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• Vintage Bazaar Holiday Pop-Up Market The Vintage Bazaar presents a holiday pop-up boutique! Featuring 14 vendors of vintage home decor, furniture, clothing and accessories, plus gifts for the holidays. Friday night featuring exclusive merchandise sneak peek, light fare, DJ entertainment, and cocktails from celebrated Logan Square gastropub Longman & Eagle.
Vintage Bazaar Pop-Up Market | 2133 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647
11/11: 7pm - 10pm
11/12: 10am - 7pm
11/13: 10am - 7pm
• The Jayson Home Warehouse Sale 50% to 90% off sofas, chairs, tables, beds, desks, consoles, bookcases, vintage and antique furniture, accessories, lighting, holiday items, gifts, garden planters, props, prototypes, inspiration items, samples, and more. Warehouse Sale shoppers will also get a card good for 15% off their weekend purchases at the Jayson Home Clybourn store.
Jayson Home Warehouse | 701 North Albany Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612
11/11 - 11/13
• 5th Annual Opportunity Green Business Conference The 5th Annual Opportunity Green Business Conference is the largest B2B multidisciplinary sustainability conference, bringing together today's leading companies and visionaries. From Fortune 500 powerhouses to inventive start-ups, Opportunity Green attracts over 1000 professionals and executive decision-makers from around the globe.
Los Angeles Center Studios | 1201 West 5th Street, Los Angeles, California 90017
11/10 - 11/11
• The Legacy of the California Design Exhibitions Organized by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art with the Craft and Folk Art Museum and the Craft in America Study Center, this all-day program looks at the rich heritage of the California Design exhibitions held at the Pasadena Art Museum between 1954 and 1976 and features documentary footage and panel discussions with curators and artists. Attendees may visit California Design, 1930-1965: "Living in a Modern Way" at LACMA and the related Golden State of Craft exhibition across the street at the Craft and Folk Art Museum.
Los Angeles County Museum of Art | 5905 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
11/12: 9:30am - 4pm
• DIVA Warehouse Sale Save up to 60% off brands such as B&B Italia, Kartell, Maxalto, Cassina, Flos and more.
DIVA | 3975 Landmark Street, Culver City, California 90232
11/11 - 11/13
• Patchwork Indie Arts and Crafts Festival Eat and drink, listen to tunes, and shop local handmade goods from over 100 vendors.
Helms Bakery District, Venice and National Streets, Culver City, California 90034
11/13: 11am - 5pm
• Cloud Noir Fall Sale Take 25% off all contemporary art.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Anisotropy/Anisotropie SCI-Arc is pleased to announce the exhibition Anisotropy/Anisotropie by Paris-based architecture firm Odile Decq Benoît Cornette. Constructed of mirror-clad walls that create a series of unique geometric spaces, the installation invites visitors to make their way through these spaces while experiencing a constant play of reflection and illusions. Decq's exhibition aims to induce a sensory experience, both vivid and discomforting, one that pulls the human mind in various directions simultaneously. The primary geometry of each space is the triangle, but by inclining the walls at different angles, the architect forces visitors to perceive the space as something different. Furthermore, due to the reflective quality of the walls, as visitors move through the space, they experience each of its sections as being infinite. Each is dis-functional--as to alter and obscure the perception we construct of the space--and each places the mind in a constant state of disorientation: first in time, then in place, and finally in person.
SCI-Arc Gallery | 960 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90013
• Eames Designs: The Guest Host Relationship This exhibit uses Eames words to focus on the lesser-known aspects of their lives, revealing their appreciation of the value of humble objects and useful tools. Their insights about the simple pleasures of daily life will be illustrated with objects and materials available during their lifetimes and contemporary examples from the world around us. TICKETS
A+D Museum | 6032 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Ligne Roset Sample Sale Up to 60% off floor samples, overstock and discontinued items.
Ligne Roset | 160 NE 40th Street, Miami, Florida 33137
11/11 - 11/13
• GD Cucine Sale GD Cucine is having a sale on limited edition furniture and carpeting from the Cleto Munari Collection. Items are discounted 25% and for every piece sold GD will also donate 5% to benefit Design Trust for Public Space.
GD Cucine Flagship | 227 West 17th Street, New York, New York 10011
• OLighting Sample Sale The OLighting Sample Sale will feature 25% to 75% off all of its sample items, including chandeliers, suspension lamps, table lamps and more, as well as many of its overstock and discontinued items which are in brand new condition. Popular brands include Moooi, Foscarini, Artemide, Flos, Luceplan, Modern Fan, AXO Light, DIESEL, Oluce, Luxit, Rotaliana, Vibia, and Kartell.
OLighting | 40 Walker Street, New York, New York 10013
11/11 - 11/13
• Odegard Fall Rug Sale Up to 70% off samples, overstock, discontinued, and one of a kind rugs, furniture and accessories.
Odegard Temporary Sale Location | 200 Lexington Avenue, 15th Floor, New York, New York 10016
• FLOR Store Grand Opening Event Stop by for the Grand Opening Event celebrating FLOR's newest retail store. Experience the beauty and flexibility of this premium modular floorcovering system. Designed for real life, FLOR squares let you replace squares, not rooms, and are an environmentally-responsible choice for modern lifestyles. FLOR is simply smart design, squared. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
FLOR | 307 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11201
11/17: 6pm - 8pm
• Judy Ross Textiles Holiday Sample Sale Pillows, rugs, runners, and scarves on sale for up to 70% off retail price.
Judy Ross Textiles | 22 East 17th Street, Suite 931, New York, New York 10003
11/17 - 11/19
• Boffi Warehouse Sale 4-day sale with up to 60% off on products from Boffi, Living Divani, Porro
Brooklyn Army Terminal | 140 58th Street, Building A Unit 6L, Brooklyn, New York 11220
11/16 - 11/19
• Breaking Borders: New Latin American Architecture Pratt Institute School of Architecture and Latin Pratt, a student research organization, will present "Breaking Borders: New Latin American Architecture," an exhibition highlighting contemporary architecture of the past 10 years from 45 firms representing more than 10 countries in Latin America. The work exhibited includes both built and proposed projects whose scope has been influenced by a history of political and social instability, invasive use of environmentally sensitive regions, rapid urbanization, social displacement, unique climate conditions, and the preservation of vast natural resources.
Hazel and Robert H. Siegel Gallery | 61 Saint James Place, Brooklyn, New York 11238
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• Dining by Design Dining by Design returns to the Galleria at the San Francisco Design Center for its the most anticipated high-design charitable event, showcasing top designers who create one-of-a-kind dining table installations that are unveiled for two nights only. Perfect for unique holiday entertainment inspiration! TICKETS
San Francisco Design Center | 101 Henry Adams Street, San Francisco, California 94103
11/16: 6pm - 10pm
11/17: 6:30pm - 11pm
• Haven Sample Sale In store floor samples on sale at Haven's The Art of Nesting Fall Sample Sale. Choose from American Leather Sofa/Sleepers, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sofas, upholstered chairs, lighting and rugs.
Haven | 1444 Burlingame Ave, Burlingame, California 94010
• Homesite Furniture Thanksgiving Sale 20% off regular price furniture, 10% off accessories and custom upholstery, 10% off pieces already on sale.
Homesite Furniture | 4818 14th Ave NW, Seattle, Washington 98107
11/10 - 11/27
• Creative Classics Furniture Creative Classics is excited to introduce a new line of upholstered sofas and chairs designed by Dwell Studio that have just arrived at their showroom in Old Town Alexandria. Dwell Studio is known for their signature prints, sense of color and unique, uncluttered style. Stop by and "test drive" these great new sofas and chairs!
Creative Classics | 906 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Send it to us. We publish every week:
Images: As credited above.