Designer Fluff Home Sale, Heath Ceramics Annual Sale
We're only a week away from Thanksgiving and the Black Friday sales and promotions that follow. There's no need to wait though. We're already seeing a number of seasonal promotions coming from retailers — and we're also seeing the first of the pop-up holiday shopping shows. We've rounded them up and present them here for your weekend shopping pleasure. Check out the Weekend Guide, pass it on and send us your sale or event.
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Ligne Roset Upholstery Sale 15% off all Ligne Roset pieces offered in plush Alcantara.
Wexel Art PromotionWexel Art Changeable Frames make for a unique, modern and functional holiday gift. Get a free mini level with every order and enjoy free gift wrap on orders over $50.
• Vermont Woods Black Friday Plus Sale Vermont Woods Studios is having 6 days of Black Friday sales event! Take 20% off all Vermont Made fine wood furniture plus free delivery!
• FTF Design Studio Holiday Sale Take 20% off trays and accessories.
• CB2 "Can Do" Food Drive CB2 is partnering with local foodbanks for an in-store food drive and with Share our Strength, mobilizing CB2 customers to help nourish our communities. Shoppers who donate 7 non-perishable food items in-store will save 15% on their total purchase; online, shoppers who donate $10 to Share our Strength at checkout will save 15% on orders at CB2.com.
Online and in stores
• Lightology November Sale 20-35% off hundreds of fantastic holiday gifts from Koncept, Cerno, Artemide, Trend Lighting, Itre, Edge Lighting and more!
• Jack and Jill Boutique Grand Opening Take 5% off furniture purchases over $500 at this grand opening sale.
• Modani Furniture Black Friday Sale Save up to 70 percent off Modani Furniture during their extended Black Friday Sale.
• Designer Fluff Home Sale Spoil your home for the holidays. Save 20% off orders up to $200; 30% off orders $201-$499; and 40% off orders $500+.
• YLiving Herman Miller Sale Save 15% on Herman Miller plus enjoy free shipping and no sales tax.
• Pompanoosuc Mills Holiday Sale Enjoy 20% off new furniture orders and home accents, along with free local delivery.
• Mizzonk Holiday Sale First time online sale on Entire Mizzonk Collection plus free shipping over $65 purchase.
BOSTON & NEW ENGLAND
• Proto-Pop: The Elegant Object International Poster Gallery proudly presents "Proto-Pop: The Elegant Object", a first-of-its-kind exhibition of original vintage Object Posters from the 1920s to the 1940s, offered as precursors to the controversial and explosive Pop Art movement of the 1960s and 1970s. The exhibition features 30 posters from Object Poster masters like Herbert Leupin, Otto Baumberger and Peter Birkhauser.
International Poster Gallery | 205 Newbury Street, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• An Orange Moon Opening Party An Orange Moon has moved to a new location and invites you to celebrate at the "Re-Mixed and Re-Imagined Opening Party".
An Orange Moon | 2418 West North Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60647
11/18: 6pm - 10pm
• SAIC Holiday Art Sale Do some holiday shopping while supporting up-and-coming artists. This don't-miss event held in the historic SAIC Ballroom is a wonderful opportunity for you to talk with students and take home a masterpiece by one of the world's next great artists. Past sales have featured paintings, sculptures, photography, prints, jewelry, fashion, and more. Participating students receive the majority of their total sales.
SAIC | 112 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
PREVIEW PARTY: 11/17: 5pm - 8pm
ART SALE: 11/18: 11am - 7pm
11/19: 10am - 5pm
• Design Center Sample Sale Explore the Design Center showrooms at the world famous Merchandise Mart for beautiful pieces from the top names in furniture, outdoor, area rugs, fabrics, accessories, lighting and more--at savings up to 75%.
Merchandise Mart Design Center | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Floors 6, 15-18, Chicago, Illinois 60654
11/18: 9am - 5pm
11/19: 10am - 3pm
• DIY Trunk Show A diverse gathering of creative talent to showcase, sell and promote handmade arts, crafts, goods, and endeavors of all kinds
Broadway Armory Park | 5917 North Broadway Street, Chicago, Illinois 60660
11/19: 10am - 5pm
• Randolph Street Holiday Market Along with the knowledgeable staff and one of a kind vendors, Randolph Street Market is proud to announce their official Style Guru, Ramsey Jay Prince, will be on hand at this year's Market to offer tips and tricks to shopping and entertaining in vintage style. The perfect one stop shop for holiday needs, make this season as unique as the selection of wares you'll find at the market!
Plumbers Hall | 1340 West Washington, Chicago, Illinois 60607
11/19: 10am - 5pm
11/20: 10am - 5pm
• Woven Accents Pre Holiday Rug Antique, Vintage, Tribal, Kilims, Modern and Moroccan Rugs are discounted 20-50% off.
Woven Accents | 525 North La Cienega Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Heath Ceramics LA Annual Sale The traditional once-yearly sale featuring Heath Ceramics dinnerware, tableware and tile inventory at 20 percent off. Includes firsts and seconds, and assorted samples. All other merchandise, including like-minded crafters from the Heath Home line, is also 20 percent off.
Heath Ceramics | 7525 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Cloud Noir Fall Sale Take 25% off all contemporary art.
Cloud Noir | 8044 West 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90048
• Anisotropy/Anisotropie SCI-Arc is pleased to announce the exhibition Anisotropy/Anisotropie by Paris-based architecture firm Odile Decq Benoît Cornette. Constructed of mirror-clad walls that create a series of unique geometric spaces, the installation invites visitors to make their way through these spaces while experiencing a constant play of reflection and illusions. Decq's exhibition aims to induce a sensory experience, both vivid and discomforting, one that pulls the human mind in various directions simultaneously. The primary geometry of each space is the triangle, but by inclining the walls at different angles, the architect forces visitors to perceive the space as something different. Furthermore, due to the reflective quality of the walls, as visitors move through the space, they experience each of its sections as being infinite. Each is dis-functional--as to alter and obscure the perception we construct of the space--and each places the mind in a constant state of disorientation: first in time, then in place, and finally in person.
SCI-Arc Gallery | 960 East 3rd Street, Los Angeles, California 90013
• Eames Designs: The Guest Host Relationship This exhibit uses Eames words to focus on the lesser-known aspects of their lives, revealing their appreciation of the value of humble objects and useful tools. Their insights about the simple pleasures of daily life will be illustrated with objects and materials available during their lifetimes and contemporary examples from the world around us. TICKETS
A+D Museum | 6032 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90036
• Judy Ross Textiles Holiday Sample Sale Pillows, rugs, runners, and scarves on sale for up to 70% off retail price.
Judy Ross Textiles | 22 East 17th Street, Suite 931, New York, New York 10003
11/17: 12pm - 7pm
11/18: 12pm - 7pm
11/19: 12pm - 5pm
• Knoll Warehouse Sale Don't miss the opportunity to own authentic Knoll furniture at promotional prices. Classic Knoll designs by Harry Bertoia, Florence Knoll, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Eero Saarinen, and others will be on sale up to 80% off the list price.
Knoll Warehouse | 766 Sixth Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11215
• Boffi Warehouse Sale 4-day sale with up to 60% off on products from Boffi, Living Divani, Porro
Brooklyn Army Terminal | 140 58th Street, Building A Unit 6L, Brooklyn, New York 11220
• Breaking Borders: New Latin American Architecture Pratt Institute School of Architecture and Latin Pratt, a student research organization, will present "Breaking Borders: New Latin American Architecture," an exhibition highlighting contemporary architecture of the past 10 years from 45 firms representing more than 10 countries in Latin America. The work exhibited includes both built and proposed projects whose scope has been influenced by a history of political and social instability, invasive use of environmentally sensitive regions, rapid urbanization, social displacement, unique climate conditions, and the preservation of vast natural resources.
Hazel and Robert H. Siegel Gallery | 61 Saint James Place, Brooklyn, New York 11238
• Perle Fine: The Cool Series "Perle Fine: The Cool Series (1961-1963)" presents the distinctive Color Field paintings created by Fine, an artist who was at the center of the Abstract Expressionist movement.
Spanierman Modern | 53 East 58th Street, New York, New York 10022
• 4th Annual Decorator Show House Be enchanted and inspired as today's top designers showcase fabulous rooms with unique tabletop settings.
Holiday House 2011 | 2 East 63rd Street, New York, New York 10065
• Wud Furniture Design Holiday Sale All in stock pieces are 25% off and all new orders are 15% off!
Wud Furniture Design | 222 Clifton Place, Brooklyn, New York 11216
• Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse Sale 300 square foot warehouse full of vintage original pieces, Danish modern teak, modern reproductions, lighting, and an incredible collection of art including paintings, lithrographs, posters, and more.
Mid-Century Furniture Warehouse | 1217 East Columbia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19125
11/20: 12pm - 3pm
SAN FRANCISCO & BAY AREA
• Arkitektura In-Situ/B&B Italia Huge Annual Sale Both showrooms feature high-end European contemporary and modern furniture from: Poliform, Varenna, Minotti, Flexform, Fritz Hansen, Matteo Grassi, Vladimir Kagan, Bocci, Rifra, Herman Miller, and many more. Over 200 floor samples will be discounted 20% - 60% off.
Arkitektura In-Situ | 560 Ninth Street, San Francisco, California 94103
B&B Italia | 2211 Alameda Street, San Francisco, California 94103
11/19: 10am - 6pm
11/20: 10am - 6pm
• Heath Ceramics Annual Sale The traditional once-yearly sale featuring Heath Ceramics dinnerware, tableware and tile inventory at 20 percent off. Includes firsts and seconds, and assorted samples. All other merchandise, including like-minded crafters from the Heath Home line, is also 20 percent off.
Heath Ceramics | 400 Gate 5 Road, Sausalito, California 94965
• Haven Sample Sale In store floor samples on sale at Haven's The Art of Nesting Fall Sample Sale. Choose from American Leather Sofa/Sleepers, Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sofas, upholstered chairs, lighting and rugs.
Haven | 1444 Burlingame Avenue, Burlingame, California 94010
• Homesite Furniture Thanksgiving Sale 20% off regular price furniture, 10% off accessories and custom upholstery, 10% off pieces already on sale.
Homesite Furniture | 4818 14th Ave NW, Seattle, Washington 98107
• Stylish Patina Barn Sale Check out this fabulous barn sale full of unique vintage home furnishings, decor items, jewelry and more! Over 3,000 sq feet filled with something for everyone.
Stylish Patina | 4051 Stanford Court, Frederick, Maryland 21703
11/18 - 11/20
• Creative Classics Furniture Creative Classics is excited to introduce a new line of upholstered sofas and chairs designed by Dwell Studio that have just arrived at their showroom in Old Town Alexandria. Dwell Studio is known for their signature prints, sense of color and unique, uncluttered style. Stop by and "test drive" these great new sofas and chairs!
Creative Classics | 906 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Send it to us. We publish every week:
Images: As credited above.