Waterworks Warehouse Sale, Design Public Cerno Lighting Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• MatthewIzzo Fall Sale Matthew Izzo Fall online sale up to 40% off select items. Home fragrance, furniture, lighting and rugs.
• Crane & Canopy Pajama Party Sale Crane & Canopy, an online bedding brand, offers high quality designer bedding at irresistible prices. Their Pajama Party Sale is happening this weekend. Visit their website to receive 15% off their entire fall collection.
11/9: 8pm - 8am
11/10: 8pm - 8am
• West Elm Dining Furniture Sale Save 15% off west elm dining furniture including chairs, buffets, dining tables, and more.
• Tell Tale Art Auction Need some new art for your apartment? Tell Tale Art Auction featuring spooky art by your favorite illustrators, inlcuding: Dav Pilkey, Mo Willems, Matthew Myers, Lane Smith, Peter Brown, Dave Shannon, Adam Rex, Brian Floca, Fiona Robinson, Paul O. Zelinsky, Frank Viva, Scott C., Steven Weinberg, Stephen Savage, Sara Varon and Tony DiTerlizzi.
• Vermont Woods Studios Dining Furniture Sale Save 10% on one item, 15% on two items, or 20% on 3 or more items during our dining furniture sale. All of our solid wood furniture is handcrafted in Vermont, backed by a lifetime guarantee, and comes with free shipping!
• Blueprint Modern Hurricane Relief Blueprint Modern will donate fifteen percent of proceeds from Rover sales to the Human Society of the United States for Hurricane Sandy relief efforts.
• Design Public Cerno Lighting Sale All Cerno lighting is on sale.
• Wexel Art Frames Eva Zeisel Sale Take 25% off the Eva Zeisel Gift Set (now $89.99). Last weekend to save on a limited edition collector's set of the only frames ever designed by the legendary Zeisel (at age 104!). Plus, 5% of all sales are being donated to the American Red Cross this month.
• Ligne Roset: Alcantara Sale Ligne Roset is offering a 15% discount on any product upholstered in Alcantara, an innovative, luxurious material that is the result of a unique and proprietary technology. Please note that this discount is only applicable to items upholstered in Alcantara® and is not applicable with any other promotion or sale.
• Plywerk Procrastination Prevention Promotion Get your holiday gifts early and save! 11/9 - 11/15: 25% off; 11/16 - 11/22: 20% off; 11/23-11/29: 15% off
• CoolChairz.com/Hurrican Sandy Relief Effort CoolChairz.com will donate $5 for every chair that is sold on its website during the month of November to the American Red Cross Hurricane Sandy Relief Effort.
• Lightology November Sale Save 30% on the brand-new Eva Zeisel collection from Leucos, along with Sonneman, Hudson Valley and Many other brands, exclusively at Lightology.
• Spot On Square Fall Sale Save 15% off Spot On Square's Roh and Hiya Collections for the month of November. Modern furnishings for baby and the whole home – sustainable, eco-friendly and made in the USA.
• Greentea Design's Bedroom Sale Save 20% on Asian-inspired bedroom pieces.
• Curry Stone Design Prize Awards Ceremony The Curry Stone Design Prize will announce its 2012 recipients during a two-day forum at Harvard Graduate School of Design. The announcement of the winners will include an evening awards ceremony on November 15th followed by a full day of presentations. The annual prize celebrates social design pioneers and the influence and reach of design as a critical force for improving lives and strengthening communities.
Harvard GSD, 48 Quincy Street, Cambridge, MA 02138
11/15: 6:30pm - 8pm
• Jayson Home Warehouse Sale The Jayson Home Warehouse Sale is your once-a-year chance to score 50% to 90% off tons of first-quality Jayson Home merchandise. Everything from new and vintage furniture and accessories to rugs, lighting, art, books, gifts, garden containers and more.
Jayson Home Warehouse | 701 North Albany Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60612
11/9 - 11/11
• Anna Joelsdottir "Flying Through the Cuckoo's Nest" Originally from Iceland, Anna Jóelsdóttir now calls Chicago home. Drawing inspiration from nature and the landscape of both Iceland and the Midwest, Anna Jóelsdóttir uses various mixed media such as paint, ink, graphite, sticks, mylar and now three dimensional forms to translate her thoughts into what she calls "visual writing". Anna Jóelsdóttir's works have been collected and exhibited in museums and galleries internationally - in China, Iceland, New York City, and the Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago. She received her MFA from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, this will be her third solo show at Zg Gallery.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Urban Craft Lab Fall Workshops Urban Craft Lab is a workshop and party company offering relaxing, communal crafting for anyone who wants to make something beautiful and cool. SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS
Weekends through 12/16
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Ligne Roset Warehouse Sale Up to 75% off a wide selection of floor samples and warehouse inventory.
Ligne Roset | 4516 McKinney Avenue, Dallas, Texas 75205
11/10: 10am - 6pm
11/11: 12pm - 5pm
11/12: 10am - 6pm
• Mariposa Trunk Show at Bloomingdale's Join Mariposa Artist in Residence Shelly Bradbury for a trunk show at Bloomingdale's Sherman Oaks. She will share the inspiration behind her designs and sign Mariposa pieces. Receive a free Sueno Napkin Box with Blossom Weight when you purchase $150.00 worth of Mariposa merchandise.
Bloomingdale's | 14060 Riverside Drive, Los Angeles, California 94123
11/9: 4pm - 7pm
• Patchwork Indie Arts & Crafts Festival Patchwork Indie Art & Craft Festival showcases emerging local artists, crafters & designers alongside artisan food, DIY craft workshops and indie music. This year marks Patchworks six year and 23rd festival of spreading its 'Buy Local, Buy Creative' philosophy across Southern California. This holiday season Patchwork debuts with its first Bay Area event in Oakland. Vendors are selected through a jury and feature clothing for men, women & kids, handbags, accessories, jewelry, art, ceramics, garden finds, home goods, plushies, crochet & knit items, pet gear, kits & patterns, bath & body goodies and more!
Marine Stadium | 5255 East Paoli Way, Long Beach, California 90803
11/11: 11am - 5pm
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• MCAD Art Sale Now in its 15th year, the Minneapolis College of Art and Design Art Sale is a Minn. tradition with all proceeds going to individual artists and the MCAD Art Sale Scholarship Fund. The show features exclusive art pieces created by MCAD students and recent graduates at unbeatable prices. More than 6,000 pieces will be shown, all priced at less than $1000 for current students and less than $1500 for alumni, with the average art piece priced at less than $100.
MCAD | 2501 Stevens Avenue, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55404
11/15 - 11/17
• DwellStudio Urban Tag Sale The DwellStudio Urban Tag Sale will feature over 250 pieces, including one-of-a-kind treasures from the personal collections of top design and style experts each of whom will be selling a mix of their own personal collections, vintage and one-of-a-kind treasures. The selection will include one-of-a-kind furniture items, artwork, fabric, designer clothing, and much more. Proceeds from the tag sale will benefit Jessica Seinfeld's amazing charity Baby Buggy, which helps mothers and families in need.
DwellStudio Urban Tag Sale | 72 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
11/10: 11am - 4pm
• DwellStudio Warehouse Sale Hundreds of DwellStudio products - including furniture, decorative accessories, textiles, baby and kids items, fabrics, rugs, lighting, artwork, etc. will be available.
DwellStudio Warehouse | 72 Wooster Street, New York, New York 10012
11/10 - 11/11: 11am - 6pm
• Madeline Weinrib NYC Sample Sale - Extended Dates Due to the recent hurricane on the East Coast, the dates for Madeline Weinrib's NYC Sample Sale have been extended to November 9-11, with a portion of proceeds benefiting the Red Cross. Madeline Weinrib's coveted carpets, ikats and accessories will be available at 40 - 70% off retail prices. The sale will include a wide assortment of Madeline Weinrib's signature handmade carpets, pillows, one-of-a-kind furniture, fabrics by the yard, fashion, and accessories in colorful hues and graphic patterns.
Madeline Weinrib | 881 Broadway, Lower Level, New York, New York 10003
11/9 - 11/11
• Outside the Box: Expanding Your Design Horizons via Social Media and Beyond Lecture and book signing: Outside the Box: Expanding Your Design Horizons via Social Media and Beyond. The discussion will focus on how designers need to think outside the proverbial box to enhance and build their brands in today's challenging environment. Books, products, television, social media and expanding your business acumen are just a few ways to solidify your design business and expand your recognition to a broader, global audience. Panelists include renowned interior designers Suzanne Kasler, Amy Lau, Amanda Nisbett, Campion Platt, and David Scott; moderated by design expert and author Susanna Salk. Proceeds will benefit NYSID's scholarship fund.
New York School of Interior Design | 170 East 70th Street, New York, New York 10021
11/14: 6pm - 8:30pm
• BiTTT Holiday Fundraiser This event is to raise money for a scholarship to the NYSID. There will be cocktails, appetizers,music, silent auction and more.
Anthony Lawrence Belfair | 53 West 23rd Street, New York, New York 10010
11/15: 6pm - 9pm
• West Elm/Sarah Campbell Book Launch Join us to celebrate our collaboration with British textile designer Sarah Campbell and her new book, The Collier Campbell Archive: 50 Years of Passion in Pattern. RSVP
West Elm Broadway | 1870 Broadway, New York, New York 10023
11/15: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
• Waterworks Warehouse Sale Up to 80% off fixtures, fittings and furnishings.
Waterworks Warehouse | 595 Federal Road, Brookfield, Connecticut 06804
11/16: 10am - 4pm
11/17: 9am - 4pm
• ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Sale Just in time for the holidays, ABC Carpet & Home in Bronx, New York is hosting a sale. Furniture, rugs, lighting, decorative pillows and accessories have been reduced up to 75% off, including savings on select items from Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, John Reeves and Cobble Hill.
ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472
• SOUK: And You Shall Find Inspired by the chaotic bazaars of Morocco, "SOUK: And You Shall Find" explores the intersection between texture, color, and form in a variety of media, from vintage textiles to contemporary painting. While reconsidering the interplay between fabric and visual art, the exhibition will also challenge traditional modes of exhibition curation by reconfiguring the gallery space into a modern facsimile of the Moroccan souk. Maintaining the marketplace's historical significance, physically and economically, as a site of commerce and counterpoint to the present-day art fair, "SOUK" will transform the conventional art-viewing experience into a sense-intensive encounter, through private booths, curatorial collaborations, and an unorthodox presentation of artworks, objects, and wares.
Underline Gallery | 238 West 14th Street, New York, New York 10011
• Clutter Cowgirl's Professional Organizing Sale Save 25% on Clutter Cowgirl's professional organizing and personal shopping services.
• Karen Nicol Solo Show: Imaginary Menagerie During the month of November, UK artist and well-known textile designer Karen Nichol will be exhibiting at Rebecca Hossack Gallery NYC. Her exhibition Imaginary Menagerie is an exploration of the hundreds of sewing techniques and vintage finds that influence Nicol's highly textured and tactile work.
Rebecca Hossack Gallery | 262 Mott Street, New York, New York 10012
Opening Reception: 11/7: 6:30 - 8:30
Exhibit: Through 11/30
• Jeffrey Maron: Devotion Affirmation Arts presents Jeffrey Maron: Devotion, a retrospective of Maron's sculptural work that spans 16 years (1976--2012). Jeffrey Maron's work is self-described as "contemporary animism," drawing on spiritual experiences to transform metals and other materials into works of art. His creative process comprises mind, body and spirit, producing pieces that have their own intrinsic energy and animistic themes. Maron's work is characterized by paradoxes; it is tough and beautiful, religious and sensual, reminiscent of familiar symbols, yet unique.
Affirmation Arts | 523 West 37th Street, New York, New York 10018
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Create Your Own Nook: One-of-a-Kind 2'x3' Carpet Sale
Tufenkian Artisan Carpets | 919 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022
• PEDINI's Display Kitchens For Sale PEDINI NY is making room for new displays. PEDINI NY has all new Italian Display Kitchens for Sale! Shop the PEDINI NY annual Display Kitchens Sale and save up to 70% on high-quality Italian designed, award-winning, contemporary kitchen cabinetry. Drop by our Tribeca showroom and let us show you around. Time is of the essence! If you stop in soon you can score a great deal on not only cabinetry, but also counter-tops, appliances and plumbing fixtures. Since we are making room for new collections, it is the most opportune time to buy one of our elite Contemporary Display Kitchens at half of the normal price.
PEDINI | 40 Lispenard Street, New York, New York 10013
• A Special Evening with Zinc Details Founder Vas Kiniris Zinc Details Founder Vas Kiniris will discuss the life and works of modern design great Alexander Girard and how Girard's work sets a standard for infusing modern interiors with personality and nuance. The event is the second in an Eichler Speaker Series organized by the Lucas Valley Homeowners Association, commemorating 50 years of mid-century developer Joseph Eichler's Upper Lucas Valley community.
Refreshments and gourmet tacos by The Taco Guys will be available.
Lucas Valley Community Center | 1201 Idylberry Road, San Rafael, California 94903
11/9: 6pm - 8pm
• Design Like You Give a Damn: LIVE! Design experts and enthusiasts, industry leaders across disciplines and more come together to address the challenges and lessons learned in humanitarian design and community development. Panel topics address cutting-edge topics and small-group workshops allow participants to gain hands-on knowledge from expert panelists. SCHEDULE & REGISTRATION
Autodesk Gallery | 1 Market Street #200, San Francisco, California 94105
11/12 - 11/13
• Lecture by Anthea Black Anthea Black is a Canadian artist, writer, and cultural worker. Her works in print, textiles, performance, and video focus on setting a stage for collaborative encounters and inserting intimate gestures into public spaces. Her recent exhibitions include How We Do It (at Artlab Gallery, London, Ontario), Queer Survival Campout Snowcave (at Neutral Ground, Regina, Saskatchewan), and PopSex! Responses to the History of Sexual Science (at Illingworth Kerr Gallery, Calgary, Alberta). She has circulated collaborative print editions in cities across North America as part of her ongoing artist-curatorial project Looking for love in all the wrong places. Her writings have appeared in numerous publications, including The Craft Reader (2010) and Extra/ordinary: Craft and Contemporary Art (2011). She has presented the work of more than 120 artists in her roles as director of Stride Gallery, board president of M:ST Performative Art Festival, and assistant curator at Illingworth Kerr Gallery (all in Calgary, Alberta).
California College of Arts | 1111 Eighth Street, San Francisco, California 94107
• This is My World by Lisa Congdon at Rare Device This is my World is a glimpse inside the brain of San Francisco artist and illustrator, Lisa Congdon. Congdon, long obsessed with the fusion of color, shape and pattern on unlikely surfaces, brings us a show of of small works, painted objects, zines and hand made books. Congdon has combined hand lettering, hand-drawn pattern, and her usual dose of bold color onto paper, vintage ephemera and wood to create an array of pieces that will dazzle even the most sullen observer.
Rare Device | 600 Divisadero Street, San Francisco, California 94117
Exhibit: Through 12/21
• Connect:Homes Silicon Valley Home Tour Founders of Connect:Homes, Jared Levy and Gordon Stott, announce the second installation of their revolutionary prefab home - modern, green, and affordable. The prototype will be part of the Dwell Silicon Valley Home Tour November 3 - 4 and will remain open to the public until November 11.
Connect:Homes Installation | 97 Hillview Avenue, Los Altos, California 94022
• Garza Marfa at Heath Designer/makers Jamey Garza and Constance Holt-Garza are coming to Heath San Francisco and they're bringing with them the designs of Marfa, Texas. This event also marks the Bay Area launch of Garza's leather furniture line, available exclusively in California at Heath's Los Angeles and San Francisco locations. Recent highlights for the furniture include a new bar stool design as well as three new color options for the vibrant powder-coated bases of his pieces: magenta, yellow and blue/green.
Heath San Francisco | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: MCAD Art Sale, Spot On Square Fall Sale, Waterworks Warehouse Sale, Design Public Cerno Lighting Sale