NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save up to 20% on stunning Asian-inspired kitchen and bath cabinetry.
• Design Public Steelcase & Coalesse Sale Save 15% on all Steelcase and Coalesse items.
• FLOS Annual Sale FLOS, the renowned Italian lighting manufacturer, is pleased to announce its Annual Sale, offering 20% off all decorative products (excluding outdoor).
Online and in stores
• Lightology Sale Save an additional 20% on all Flos and Axo Lights.
• Vermont Woods Studios Home Office & Living Room Furniture Sale Fall in love with your home office & living room all over again this season by adding new, hardwood furniture. For one week only, save 10% on one piece, 15% on two pieces or 20% on 3+ pieces of furniture.
• Lumens The Design Event Save up to 47% on modern favorites including designs from Artemide, FLOS, Tom Dixon, FontanaArte, Vibia and more.
• Vitra Annual Sale at AllModern Save 15% on all Vitra products.
• Company C Bedding Sale Save 25% off select bedding.
• Cool Chairz/Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Office Chair Sale In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, CoolChairz.com will donate $1 for every Pink Office Chair that is ordered in the month of October.
• Fawn & Forest Babyletto Sale Cross the crib mattress off the list, Fawn & Forest will give you one for free. For the month of October receive a free crib mattress with every Babyletto Crib purchase.
• MissoniHome Annual Sale MissoniHome is pleased to announce its Annual Sale, offering 15% off all products in their collection of furniture, textiles and accessories. Examples of sale items include the Nadal Throw, originally $2,185, now $1,857.25; the Noria Pouf, originally $1,345, now $1,143.25; the Nancho Pillow, originally $220, now $187 and many more.
Participating MissoniHome Retailers
• LampLust All American Lantern Sale LampLust is helping you gear up for the election. Their 3-light All American Lantern Set, in red, white and blue, is only $14.
• MatthewIzzo Fall Sale Matthew Izzo Fall online sale up to 40% off select items. Home fragrance, furniture, lighting and rugs.
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• CS Interiors Anniversary Home In celebration of CS Interiors' 5th anniversary, the magazine has partnered with the city's most well-known local designers to create The Anniversary Home. Transforming the 23rd floor unit of the Ritz-Carlton Residences will be: Foyer and powder room by Anne Coyle, Second bedroom by James E. Ruud, Kitchen by Julia Buckingham Edelmann, Master Bedroom by Tracy Hickman, Living Room by Tom Stringer and Dining Room by Jessica LaGrange. CS Interiors' designers drew inspiration from Chicago couple, Katrina Markoff & Jason Scher of Vosges Haut-Chocolat. The Anniversary Home is open to the public, students and interior fans during its two-day open house. Proceeds from ticket sales benefit both the Lynn Sage Foundation and Infant Welfare Society of Chicago Foundation and Infant Welfare Society of Chicago.TICKETS
The Residences at Ritz Carlton | 118 East Erie, Chicago, Illinois 60611
10/12: 10am - 5pm
10/13: 10am - 3pm
• Wright Modern Design Auction Modern Design is Wright's bi-annual sale featuring works by the 20th century's best-known designers. The sale will feature American mid-century classics by George Nelson & Associates, Charles and Ray Eames and Florence Knoll as well as highly sought after works by Jean Prouvé, Gio Ponti, Iganzio Gardella and Finn Juhl. A remarkable coffee table by Pierre Jeanneret and an important teapot by Harry Bertoia are among the thoughtfully-curated offerings of this sale.
Wright | 1440 W Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• Urban Craft Lab Fall Workshops Urban Craft Lab is a workshop and party company offering relaxing, communal crafting for anyone who wants to make something beautiful and cool. SCHEDULE & LOCATIONS
Weekends through 12/16
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Interior Express Outlet Warehouse Sale Shop this 120,000 square foot warehouse filled with furniture that's been marked down for one reason or another. Some stuff is overstock, some returns, some damaged, some just display models. Furniture varies in condition, ranging from perfect condition to damaged, and all priced accordingly.
Interior Express Outlet | 794 Golf Lane, Bensenville, Illinois 60106
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• "Enduring Beauty" at Artspace Warehouse "Enduring Beauty" Artist Reception featuring Jessika Cardinahl's colorful and playful paintings of birds inspired by Maya Angelou's "Caged Bird". The artist remarks "The journey of realization is an emotional response to the fabric of life. My technique of expression is truthfully direct. Colours flow, lines delineate, form and shapes blossom out beyond the height and breadth of the paper. To the viewer perhaps an emotional understanding beyond color, shape and stroke evolves. Stimulus and response are my favorite playmates."
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard; Los Angeles, California 90036
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• CITE Furniture Warehouse Sale Save up to 70% off Nuans Collection.
CITE Furniture | 131 Greene Street, New York, New York 10012
• Primer Painting Party 2012 Publicolor, the non-profit youth development organization known for bringing vibrant color to dreary, institutional public spaces, is hosting their Primer annual family painting party. Families with children of all ages are invited to PS/MS 007/Global Tech Prep in East Harlem for a day of fun, creativity and community service.
PS/MS 007/Global Tech Prep | 160 East 120th Street, New York, New York 10035
10/13: 10am - 3pm
• My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens) Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens), the gallery's second solo exhibition by Marc Séguin. The title, like his latest body of work, is rich with cynicism, melancholia, and sarcastic humor. Unabashedly tackling hot-button issues such as economic disparity, human rights, and environmental exploitation, Séguin's large-scale paintings are deceptively beautiful reflections of the era in which they were produced.
Mike Weiss Gallery | 520 West 24th Street, New York, New York 10011
• ABC Carpet & Home Custom Upholstery Sale ABC Carpet & Home's annual Special Order Sale offers up to 25% off custom upholstery orders on various collections, including Ralph Lauren, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Arper, Barbara Barry and Gus*.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• 19th Annual Westchester Fine Craft Show The Westchester Fine Craft Show is a juried showcase of contemporary American art and design by selected artists invited from all over the United States. It offers a sophisticated New York and Connecticut audience an exciting diversity of exceptional creative work as well as the opportunity to meet the especially talented artists. Visitors can spend the day with over 100 artisans who will showcase and sell their works of art for the home, office or wardrobe.
Westchester County Center | 198 Central Avenue, White Plains, New York 10607
10/12 - 10/14
• Smoke and Mirrors at Porter Contemporary Porter Contemporary is pleased to announce Smoke and Mirrors, a solo exhibition of paintings by Jason Bryant. Bryant explores loneliness, vulnerability and frailty through these beautifully photo-realistically rendered film stills coupled with either Bryant's signature skateboard graphics which have become so popular or his pixelated characters.
Porter Contemporary | 548 West 28th street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
Exhibit through 10/20
• Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition's Annual Fall Exhibit Brooklyn – the name itself summons up an array of responses that can range from the prosaic to the whimsical: some in image, some in words; some in memories and associations of family and of history; or of architecture and neighborhoods, artists, galleries and restaurants; or of ethnicity, cobblestone streets and trolleys; of a time long past and a vibrant present; of sweeping waterfront views and of, course, bridges, harbors, skylines and baseball. Brooklyn means something to everybody. This year over 200 artists will express through painting, sculpture, photography, installation and assemblage what this experience of arrival has meant to them. In addition to a visual exploration, each artist is asked to write a narrative, a contemplation of process, emotion, or intent -- a window into each artist's thoughts -- of the meaning of this theme.
BWAC | 499 Van Brunt Street, Brooklyn, New York 11231
Weekends through 10/21
• Robert Martin Designs Fall Showroom Sale Robert Martin is having a special sale in his Brooklyn Navy Yard showroom/studio. This sale includes both indoor and outdoor furniture – dining tables, sideboards, shelving units, coffee tables, dining chairs and more.
Robert Martin Designs | 63 Flushing Avenue, Building 280, Suite 223, Brooklyn, New York 11205
Weekends through 10/28
• Jeffrey Maron: Devotion Affirmation Arts presents Jeffrey Maron: Devotion, a retrospective of Maron's sculptural work that spans 16 years (1976--2012). Jeffrey Maron's work is self-described as "contemporary animism," drawing on spiritual experiences to transform metals and other materials into works of art. His creative process comprises mind, body and spirit, producing pieces that have their own intrinsic energy and animistic themes. Maron's work is characterized by paradoxes; it is tough and beautiful, religious and sensual, reminiscent of familiar symbols, yet unique.
Affirmation Arts | 523 West 37th Street, New York, New York 10018
10/11 - 12/8
• Clover Market Over 100 carefully selected vendors with antiques & collectibles, original art, vintage clothing and jewelry, and finely handcrafted items will convene in downtown Ardmore, Pennsylvania at this open-air market. Recently named a "Best Vintage Sale" by Flea Market Style Magazine, Clover is free and open to the public and a popular local event, drawing customers and vendors from all around the region.
Clover Market | 12 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
10:14: 10am - 5pm
11/4: 10am - 5pm
• ReStore Overstock EventThe ReStore is a volunteer-driven retail store that sells new and gently-used home goods. Right now, ReStore is overstocked with GE refrigerators and microwaves. Help clear them out. Fridges start at $90 and microwaves at $50.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore | 1411 Industrial Road, San Carlos, California 94070
• Nantucket Home Fall Home Sale Save up to 30% off all special order furniture, upholstery, casegoods, area rugs, bedding, fabrics, and window treatments. Save up to 60% on many in-stock items as well. This Fall Home Sale is customized to fit your needs - you choose the style, fabric, color, finish, and size.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway Street, Chico, California 95928
• Garza Marfa at Heath Designer/makers Jamey Garza and Constance Holt-Garza are coming to Heath San Francisco and bringing they're bringing with them the designs of Marfa, Texas. This event also marks the Bay Area launch of Garza's leather furniture line, available exclusively in California at Heath's Los Angeles and San Francisco locations. Recent highlights for the furniture include a new bar stool design as well as three new color options for the vibrant powder-coated bases of his pieces: magenta, yellow and blue/green.
Heath San Francisco | 2900 18th Street, San Francisco, California 94110
• Red Barn Mercantile Grand Re-Opening Join Red Barn Mercantile in celebrating their 5 year anniversary with grand re-opening event. An anniversary party keeps the shop open late on Friday and special events are scheduled throughout the day on Saturday. Plus, they'll be raffling off prizes all weekend, including rugs by Dash and Albert, scented candles by K. Hall, bedding by John Robshaw and Red Barn Mercantile gift certificates.
Red Barn Mercantile | 1117 King Street, Alexandria, Virginia 22314
10/13: 6pm - 9pm
• The Radiant Sun: Designer Ruth Adler Schnee The documentary The Radiant Sun by director Terri Sarris chronicles the life and work of mid-20th-century designer Ruth Adler Schnee, a German Jewish immigrant to Detroit who became an influential textile and interior designer. A discussion with Schnee and producer Ronit Eisenbach follows the screening. TICKETS
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
10/17: 6:30pm - 8:30pm
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
• Detroit is No Dry Bones: Photographs by Camilo Jose Vergara Sociologist Camilo Jose Vergara has documented Detroit's decline for over 25 years. His photographs illustrate the tension between Detroit's industrial ruins and its surviving communities as the city has continued to shrink and reinvent itself.
National Building Museum | 401 F Street NW, Washington DC 20001
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Cool Chairz/Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Office Chair Sale, MatthewIzzo Fall Sale, Wright Modern Design Auction, Vitra Algue 25 Pack at AllModern