• Unique Los Angeles Design & Gift Show
• Highbrowfurniture Liquidation Sale
• Mercado Mother's Day Sale
• 12 Homes Sherman Oaks Chandler Estates Sale
• Sanford Burrows Bedding 15% Off Sale
• All Shades of Green Free Spa Evening and Sale
• Henry Road 1st Anniversary Sale
• Heath Ceramics Los Angeles Semi-Annual Sale
• Room & Board's Outdoor and Patio Furniture Sale
• L.A. Modernism Show and Sale
• 2009 City of Santa Monica Green Building Tour
• AIA Los Angeles Home Tour
• Santa Monica Museum of Art's INCOGNITO
Jump below for more information...
• Unique Los Angeles - Independent Design & Gift Show: two-day design event that features more then 200 talented designers and artists who are proud to design and produce their goods in America.
California Market Center 110 E. 9th St. Los Angeles, CA, CA 90079
5/2/2009 - 5/3/2009 11:00 AM - 07:00 PM
• Highbrowfurniture Liquidation Sale: 30% Off Liquidation Sale with shipping
free in the 48 contiguous states. In addition, starting tonight at midnight eastern, all Knoll
products at 15% Off
Sale site here.
• 12 Homes Sherman Oaks Chandler Estates Sale: a garage sale extravaganza with 12 homes participating in the Chandler Estates Area of Sherman Oaks.
Map of sales location here.
May 2, 2009 8:00 am to 12:00 pm.
• Sanford Burrows Bedding 15% Off Sale: Sanford Burrows offers a modern, high-quality bedding line, using a special embroidery process and Italian manufacturing. With white backgrounds and just the right amount of design and color added, they're perfect for spring. Add this fresh touch to your bedroom during the month of May to receive a 15% discount on all Sanford Burrows purchases.
Sale good thru all of May
• All Shades of Green Free Spa Evening and Sale an evening of pampering and relaxation and meet the women behind two of our most popular products: Nettie Scrub and Wellness Bags. Enjoy complimentary chair massage and hand treatments, as well as juice, wine and snacks.
Plus, catch our 3-day Earth Day Reminder Sale on the first day and score your favorite products at a discount before they're sold out!
All Shades of Green
3038 Rowena Ave
Los Angeles, California 90027
THURSDAY APRIL 30th
• Henry Road 1st Anniversary Sale: "Happy Birthday to Us! Happy Mother's Day to You! We are celebrating with a SALE! All online items and most in store items will be 40% off from May 1-10 only. Sale applies to in stock items only including items already in our clearance section. All sales are final."
3949 Laurelgrove Ave, Studio City, CA 91604
(South of Ventura Blvd, Two blocks West of Laurel Canyon)
• Heath Ceramics Los Angeles Semi-Annual Sale 20% off everything in the store, including Heath dinnerware, house-wares (linens, glassware and flatware etc), books, and15% off Modern Basics tile and 20% off custom tiles. Vintage Heath Ceramics items for sale or silent auction.
7525 Beverly Blvd,
Los Angeles, CA 90036
Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2: 10am to 7pm.
Sunday May 3: 11am to 6pm.
• Room & Board's Outdoor and Patio Furniture Sale: Room & Board is offering 30 - 70% off discontinued 2008 outdoor and patio furniture. Quantities are limited and there are no special orders.
• L.A. Modernism Show and Sale: Featuring over 90 exhibitors of 20th Century art and furniture from across the U.S. and Europe. Weekend admission $15
Santa Monica Civic Auditorium, Pico & Main St.
May 2-3, 2009
Saturday: 11am - 7pm Sunday: 11am - 5pm
• 2009 City of Santa Monica Green Building Tour: On Saturday May 2nd, 2009, the City of Santa Monica will host a Green Building tour at several buildings in and near Santa Monica. The tours will run from 10 AM to 3 PM.
Saturday May 2nd
10:00 am to 3:00 pm
• AIA Los Angeles Home Tour: Contemporary, edgy, sustainable homes mirror the creative lifestyle of the ocean side communities.
Featuring homes by John Friedman, Alice Kimm, Michael Lee, and Jennifer Wen.
Santa Monica + Venice
Sunday, May 3rd
• Santa Monica Museum of Art's INCOGNITO: 500 artists from around the world (from John Baldessari to Ed Ruscha, Barbara Kruger to Yoko Ono) send us one or two small pieces, 8" x 10", signed on the back. We put them up in our exhibition space and sell them each for $300. The trick is, no one knows who created each work of art! Each attendee has to "trust their instincts" and buy pieces they love... sometimes, they wind up with a very valuable piece, or sometimes they are introduced to an up-and-coming artist they've never heard of. Regardless, with over 650 works for sale, everyone finds something that speaks to them, and goes home with an affordable and beautiful work of art. Ticket prices start at $100, with art-buying accompanied by a cocktail party with delicious drinks and hors d'oeuvres, plus DJing by Eddie Ruscha, Jr.
Santa Monica Museum of Art
Saturday, May 2nd 7 pm