• Jeana Sohn: Sleep Sleep
• Venice Art Walk "ART & ARCHITECTURE" Tours
• Former Furniture Area Rug Sale
• Sanford Burrows May Sale
• H for Hannah Spring Sale!
• Sewing 102: Introduction to Pattern Making and Alteration
• Nest and Trina Turk Store Cocktails and Shopping Sale
• Montana Side Walk Sale
• Vintage Patio Furnishing Liquidation Sale
• Case Study House 22 Stahl House Evening Tour
Jump below for more information...
• Jeana Sohn: Sleep Sleep: Taylor De Cordoba is pleased to present Sleep Sleep, a new series of paintings on panel and an installation by Los Angeles-based artist Jeana Sohn. The exhibition will run from May 16 through June 27, 2009. The gallery will host an opening reception for the artist on Saturday, May 16 from 6-8PM.
2660 S La Cienega Blvd
Saturday May 16th, 2009, 6pm-8pm
• Venice Art Walk "ART & ARCHITECTURE" Tours: The Venice Art Walk "ART & ARCHITECTURE" Tours are returning! Three separately ticketed home tours will take place on Saturday May 16 and Sunday May 17. Saturday tours include a cocktail reception and a special art exhibit in Venice. Tours are generously sponsored by Dwell - all guests will receive a complimentary copy of the magazine and a $15 discount to Dwell on Design, June 27-28. All proceeds go to the Venice Family Clinic, the nation's largest free health care facility.
May 16–May 17
• Former Furniture Area Rug Sale: All rugs located at high end store on Robertson called Designer Floor Coverings. They are all custom made rugs. The rug prices range from $350.00-$2800.00. The rug sale will start tomorrow Wednesday May 13 and go until they are all sold.
471 N Robertson Boulevard,
Los Angeles, CA 90048
• Sanford Burrows May Sale: 15% off all items throughout the month of May.
Check out the whole bedding collection at Sanford Burrows.
Till May 31st
• H for Hannah Spring Sale: Spring Sale through May and are offering 25% off all products on hforhannah.com. Just use the online code "hforhannah" when purchasing.
• Sewing 102: Introduction to Pattern Making and Alteration: "This class understands that and will teach you how to make your own patterns that fit your body. We will actualize a pattern that you've only known conceptually, as well as cover the tricks of the trade to altering a pre-existing garment in order to fit your 3 dimensional body. Must have basic knowledge of sewing and bring your own machine, other notions are included."
Machine Project 1200 D North Alvarado Los Angeles, CA 90026
3 Sundays, May 17th, 24th, & 31st, 2009
• Nest and Trina Turk Store Cocktails and Shopping Sale: A shopping event to benefit women in poverty around the world.A portion of the proceeds from shopping at this event will be donated to Nest, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping women overcome poverty by giving out microloans to women artisans to build or maintain art-based businesses.
8008 W. 3rd Street
Los Angeles 90048
May 14th, 6-9pm
• Montana Side Walk Sale: Over 150 stores will be participating with discounts from 10%-80%.
1407 Montana Ave, Santa Monica
May 16th, all day
• Vintage Patio Furnishing Liquidation Sale: "Save 50%-75% on refurbished vintage Brown Jordan, Tropitone, Malin and more in chairs, tables, chaises, and more. Some pieces are new discontinued models, others are vintage coming from a major L.A. Hotel." (via Suzanne O'Connor of BargainsLA.com)
12863 Foothill Blvd., Sylmar
May 16th, 8am-4pm
• Stahl House Evening Tour The Stahl House will be available for a rare evening tour on Friday night, May 15th, at 7:30 pm. All tours are by reservation only, and space is limited. No one will be permitted in the home without a reservation. There is a charge of $35.00 per person for the night tour. Fee is payable, in cash only, at the time of your tour. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
The Stahl House - Case Study House 22
1635 Woods Drive, Los Angeles