• DWELL Modern Home Tours
• BKLYN Designs
• Affordable Art Fair
• Housing Works Design on a Dime
• Tastemaker's Tag Sale
• Michele Varian Sale
• Knoll Sale
• Vessel Sale
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Sale
• Judy Ross Textiles Sample Sale
• Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse
• Gracious Home Lighting Sale
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams sale
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale
• Hella Jongerius: Contemporary Archetypes
• John Robshaw Sample Sale
• designboom presents 'NY local'
Jump below for more information...
• DWELL Modern Home Tours Dwell magazine partners with BKLYN DESIGNS to present a self-guided tour of five distinctive modern homes in the Brooklyn area of New York City. Weaving through a variety of neighborhoods, the home tour spotlights residences that exemplify an aesthetic in home design that is modern, idea-driven, and sensitive to social and physical surroundings. It is sure to inspire design professionals and enthusiasts alike. Tickets are $40 each purchased in advance online and $50 at the door. Ticket price includes admission to BKLYN DESIGNS and the Friday Night Launch Party presented by Dwell.
Tour starts at the BKLYN DESIGNS ticket office of St. Ann's Warehouse located at 38 Water Street
5/9: 11am – 5pm
• BKLYN Designs is New York's hottest exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings, lighting, and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn, all handpicked by a jury of editors from leading design and shelter magazines.
St. Ann's Warehouse, 38 Water Street in DUMBO, Brooklyn
Tickets: $12 pre-purchase online or $15 at the door
5/8 - 5/10
• Affordable Art Fair AAF NYC is the place for new and established collectors to discover and buy paintings, drawings, sculptures, video, photography and limited edition prints from distinguished galleries, all priced from $100 - $10,000. This year the Fair will host more than 60 galleries from the US, Europe, Asia, Canada and South America. AAF 2009 will debut at its new home at 7 West 34th Street this May.
7 West 34th Street New York City
5/7 - 5/10
• Housing Works Fifth-Annual Design on a Dime Design on a Dime is New York City's most popular interior design charity event! For the fifth anniversary, 50 of the world's top interior designers will create unforgettable room vignettes with new merchandise, donated and then sold for 60 to 80 percent off retail pricing. See our preview post!
Metropolitan Pavilion, 125 West 18th Street betw. 6th and 7th Aves
Opening night VIP shopping and party, May 7 from 6 to 9pm. FREE open-to-the-public shopping on May 8 and 9 from 10am to 6pm. Opening night VIP event tickets start at $150. Purchase tickets at www.housingworks.org/dime or call 212-645-8111 ext. 164. Event is FREE May 8 and May 9
• Tastemaker's Tag Sale The former domino magazine editors are gathering to throw the first "Tastemaker's Tag Sale" this Saturday. It's open and free to the public. No sponsors or promotional programming – just great deals (everything is under $500 and most is $10). Cash only.
Tom Delavan's 19th Century brownstone at 13 West 9th Street (bet. 5th & 6th Avenues)
5/9: 10am - 6pm
• Michele Varian Sale 40% off all full-price pillows and 10% off all already sale/discontinued pillows
35 Crosby St, NYC, between Grand & Broome
5/8: 11am - 7pm
5/9: 11am - 6pm
• Knoll Sale Over 100 mid century classic and modern designs on sale. Choose products in various fabrics and finishes to make a one of a kind, made-to-order piece. Free white glove delivery and 15% off of MSRP. Credit cards only.
Knoll Showroom 76 Ninth Avenue 11th Floor New York, NY 10011
5/1: 12pm - 5pm
5/2: 1pm - 6pm
5/4 - 5/8: 10am - 7pm
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Sale Savings of 45 - 75%, along with the satisfaction of supporting our award-winning worker welfare and humanitarian projects with every purchase. This year's sale is better than ever with a broader selection and additional savings on designer rugs by Barbara Barry, Clodagh, Mark Pollack, Kevin Walz, and Vicente Wolf plus on our Core Tibetan and Armenian collections. A range of sizes from 2'x3' to 10'x14' will be available.
919 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022
5/2 - 5/10: Mon-Wed 9-6 | Thu-Fri 9-8 | Sat 10-6 | Sun 12-5
• Judy Ross Textiles Sample Sale Using traditional hand-embroidery techniques in a modern way, Judy Ross Textiles creates beautiful products for the home. The sample sale will
feature hand-embroidered pillows and rugs, hand-knotted rugs, printed pillows, hand-embroidered stretched linen panels, and upholstered furniture. Prices are up to 60% off retail.
41 Union Square West #931 (Weekend Entrance: 22 East 17th St.)
5/7: 12pm -7pm
5/8: 12pm -6pm
5/9: 12pm -5pm
• Kips Bay Decorator Show House Admission is $30, which includes the Journal and Source Book. Group Admission is $25 per person for groups of 20 people or more. General admission tickets may be purchased at the door, upon arrival. No entry 1/2 hour before closing. Children under 6 (including infants) and pets are not admitted.
22 East 71st Street, New York
4/17 - 5/17
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale 20% off all casegoods and special order upholstery: sofas, sectionals, sleepers, chairs, beds, ottomans and more. Select from hundreds of frames in hundreds of fabric and leather options. 300+ fabrics: linens, velvets, denims, stripes, prints. 40+ leathers: browns, blacks, blues, cremes, tans. 450+ frames: modern to traditional to cottage. Delivered to you in approximately six short weeks.
210 Lafayette at Kenmare Square
ABC Carpet & Home / 888 Broadway / 4th Floor
Now - 5/10
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale from their factory in Italy. Customers can save up to 80% original retail prices. While supplies last.
59 Crosby Street (between Spring and Broome Streets)
Mon - Sat: 11am - 7pm
Sun: 12pm - 6pm
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• Screening of Hella Jongerius: Contemporary Archetypes The Museum of Arts and Design announces the premiere of a documentary exploring the design approach of the world-renowned Dutch designer, Hella Jongerius. The film will be followed by a Question and Answer Session with Jongerius and Filmmaker Amie Knox. Tickets are free with museum admission. Limited seating, doors open at 1:30pm.
2 Columbus Circle, New York City
Saturday, 5/16: 2pm at MAD
• John Robshaw Sample Sale
245 West 29th Street 6th Floor New York City 10001
5/14 - 15: 10am - 8:30pm
5/16: 10am - 3pm
• designboom presents 'NY local' 'NY local' is an exhibition curated by designboom and presents the work of some of the big apple's best transplants, expats, design veterans and rising stars.
the 414 gallery
414-18 west 14th street (in between 9th ave and washington st.)
5/15 -17: 11am - 8pm