• Meatpacking District Design Week
• Hella Jongerius: Contemporary Archetypes
• Dutch Design in NYC Events
• designboom presents 'NY local'
• Table Fights
• Japan Brand Pop Up Shop
• Kips Bay Decorator Showhouse
• DWR Annex Sale
• John Robshaw Sample Sale
• DwellStudio Overstock Sale
• SFERRA Warehouse Sale
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale
• Phillips de Pury & Company Auction
• Renegade Craft Fair
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
Jump below for more information...
• Meatpacking District Design Week Tons of events, parties and showcases all week long.
5/14 - 5/18
• ICFF The annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center is North America's singular showcase for contemporary design. The Fair draws the most intrepid seekers of design trends to an exhibition of the most inspired models of the forefront of design.
Jacob K. Javits Convention Center 655 West 34th Street
• Screening of Hella Jongerius: Contemporary Archetypes The Museum of Arts and Design announces the premiere of a documentary exploring the design approach of the world-renowned Dutch designer, Hella Jongerius. The film will be followed by a Question and Answer Session with Jongerius and Filmmaker Amie Knox. Tickets are free with museum admission. Limited seating, doors open at 1:30pm.
2 Columbus Circle, New York City
Saturday, 5/16: 2pm at MAD
• designboom presents 'NY local' 'NY local' is an exhibition curated by designboom and presents the work of some of the big apple's best transplants, expats, design veterans and rising stars.
the 414 gallery
414-18 west 14th street (in between 9th ave and washington st.)
5/15-17: 11am - 8pm
• Table Fights A diverse group of artists and designers from around the country build fully automated, remote controlled, fighting tables that compete for ultimate supremacy in a splinter thirsty showdown of furniture mayhem.
Magnan Projects Gallery 317 Tenth Avenue New York City
5/16: 6pm- 9pm
• Japan Brand Pop Up Shop Shop from our exceptional array of Japanese artisan products – from unique home décor accessories, stationery, one-of-a-kind textiles, cookware, beautiful fashion pieces and lacquer ware products in every shape and color . Come and see the regional spirit of Japan in specialized craft traditions that have been passed down through generations. Now these centuries-old skills are finding a fresh new expression in these contemporary products.
Felissimo Design House
10 West 56th Street, New York City
5/18 - 5/30: 11am - 6pm (Closed on Sunday)
• Kips Bay Decorator Show House Admission is $30, which includes the Journal and Source Book. Group Admission is $25 per person for groups of 20 people or more. General admission tickets may be purchased at the door, upon arrival. No entry 1/2 hour before closing. Children under 6 (including infants) and pets are not admitted.
22 East 71st Street, New York
4/17 - 5/17
• DWR Annex Sale Save up to 70% off on seating, dining, upholstery, outdoor and much more. Going on at all three DWR Annex locations - NY/NJ, Cleveland, and Palm Springs.
55 Hartz Way, Secaucus, New Jersey
5/16 + 5/17: 10am -6pm
• John Robshaw Sample Sale
245 West 29th Street 6th Floor New York City 10001
5/14-15: 10am - 8:30pm
5/16: 10am - 3pm
• DwellStudio Overstock Sale All of your favorite DwellStudio products (adult, kids, baby and table) at up to 50% - 70% OFF RETAIL! Duvet sets, sheet sets, cases, shams, crib sets and accessories will be available. Overstock of CURRENT styles plus discontinued styles.
109 Spring Street (between Greene and Mercer)
5/15 - 5/25: 11am - 7pm
• SFERRA Fine Linens Warehouse Sale Save up to 70 percent off retail prices on world-renowned Italian linens from SFERRA. This sale will feature select first-quality, discontinued and overstocked linens for the bed, bath and table. Choose from the largest selection of bed linens, matelasse sets, sheet sets,duvet sets, blankets, throws, towels, robes, baby blankets, decorative pillows and table linens for your holiday entertaining!
Expo Center 15 Mayfield Avenue Edison, New Jersey
5/14 - 5/16:
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale from their factory in Italy. Customers can save up to 80% original retail prices. While supplies last.
59 Crosby Street (between Spring and Broome Streets)
Mon - Sat: 11am - 7pm
Sun: 12pm - 6pm
• Phillips de Pury & Company Contemporary Art Auction Tickets: 212.940.1236
PART I 5/14: 7pm
PART II 5/15: 10am
450 West 15 Street New York
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• Renegade Craft Fair Over 300 artists are traveling from all over the country and abroad to participate and sell their handmade goods: from clothing and accessories, to stationery and concert posters, with everything from bath products and ceramics in between. The outdoor fair is free to the public!
McCarren Park, Brooklyn
6/6-7: 11am - 7pm
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm