• Royal Copenhagen Sale LAST DAY!
• Renegade Craft Fair
• Vinegar Hill Annual Yard Sale
• Housing Works Street Fair
• Atlantic Avenue Artwalk
• Baker Warehouse Sale
• Room & Board Seating Sale
• Alessi Sale
• Crate & Barrel Summer Sale
• Red Threads Bedding Sale
• Hastens Mattress Sale
• Frette Online Outlet
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale
• Emeco Sale
• Fort Greene Garden Walk
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
• Ron Arad Retrospective
Jump below for more information...
• Royal Copenhagen Sale Royal Copenhagen and Georg Jensen Friends & Family Sale — Up to 70% off samples, discontinued and unboxed merchandise.
Royal Copenhagen Showroom, 41 Madison Avenue, 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10010
6/1 - 6/5: 8am - 7:30pm
• Renegade Craft Fair Over 300 artists are traveling from all over the country and abroad to participate and sell their handmade goods: from clothing and accessories, to stationery and concert posters, with everything from bath products and ceramics in between. The outdoor fair is free to the public!
McCarren Park, Brooklyn
6/6-7: 11am - 7pm
• Vinegar Hill Annual Yard Sale Items will be for sale on Front Street between Bridge and Gold, Gold Street between Water and Front and Water Street* between Gold and Hudson in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Refreshments will also be sold on Water Street.
Saturday June 6th: 12pm - 5pm
• Housing Works Street Fair The block of Crosby Street between Prince and Houston in Soho will be closed to cars as we sell thousands of donated books, records and CDs for $1 a piece, plus clothing, shoes, accessories and housewares from Housing Works Thrift Shops. Also, enjoy music, food and beer. One block can make a big difference: All profits go to Housing Works, which provides lifesaving services for homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS.
Crosby Street between Prince and Houston in Soho
Saturday 6/6, 2009 10am - 6pm (Rain date 6/7)
• Atlantic Avenue Artwalk A free event, there will be more than 200 artists in an interactive and participatory celebration of art and live music. A rare opportunity for people to visit artists' personal workspaces, offering sneak peeks at innovative new works in progress, and to meet and greet with artists. This year they have also included much more live music/concerts, public mural projects, film screenings and a block party.
Historic Atlantic Avenue's cultural corridor spanning Brooklyn Heights, Cobble Hill, Boerum Hill and Downtown Brooklyn
Saturday, June 6th and Sunday, June7th from 1pm – 6pm
• Baker Warehouse Sale
2565 Brunswick Avenue, Building J Linden New Jersey 07036
6/5: 10am - 9pm
6/6: 10am - 6pm
6/7: 10am - 5pm
• Room & Board Seating SaleLimited Edition sofas and chairs at 30-35% off regular retail prices, available exclusively online.
• Alessi Sale During the months of June and July 2009, customers at Alessi stores will be able to receive 20% off of a selection of stainless steel products. The promotion features some of Alessi's top-sellers world wide; such iconic designs include the Mediterraneo fruit basket which originally retails for $155 and is now $124, the Cactus! fruit basket which originally retails for $107 and now retails at $86 and the famous Michael Graves Kettle which originally retails for $169 and now retails for $135.
Alessi Soho: 130 Greene St
Alessi Madison: 30 E. 60th St
6/1 - 7/31
• Crate & Barrel Summer Sale Up to 50% off on select items storewide and online.
• Red Threads Showroom Sale Up to 75% off bedding, furniture and drapes at their Soho showroom and online, all bedding 30% off plus free shipping & all furniture 20% off plus free shipping.
The Red Threads
190 Elizabeth Street
• Hastens Mattress Sale First ever sale pricing for Excel and Continental Beds in iconic Hasten's Blue check.
Now - 7/31
• Bobby Berk Home Overstock Bedding Sale from their factory in Italy. Customers can save up to 80% original retail prices. While supplies last.
59 Crosby Street (between Spring and Broome Streets)
Mon - Sat: 11am - 7pm
Sun: 12pm - 6pm
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• Emeco Sale Emeco will have a first ever sale, 15% off, free shipping on everything at our online site, www.emeco.net from June 17 - July 9. Online only, Shipping in North America only.
• Fort Greene Garden Walk 12th Annual Garden Walk of the Brownstone Brooklyn Garden District. The self-guided tour includes 10 private gardens, 3 community gardens and a commercial rooftop featuring a hydroponic garden, a beehive and a chicken coop. Additional stops on the tour include Irondale Theatre and GreenSpaces where acclaimed "green graffiti" artist Edina Tokadi has created an indoor installation and her first permanent outdoor piece with sedum and wheatgrass. Advance Tickets $15. Day of Event $20 at The Greene Grape/Provisions, 753 Fulton St., Fort Greene. All ticket holders must visit The Greene Grape/Provisions on the day of the tour for a copy of the map.
Sunday, June 14th, 2009 from 11am – 5pm
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work.
August 2 - October 19, 2009