• AERO Summer Sale
• ABC Warehouse Sale
• Pompanoosuc Mills Showroom Sale
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale
• IS Stationary Sale
• Dallek Office Furniture Sale
• Ron Arad Retrospective
• Room & Board Summer Clearance
• MUJI Furniture Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Red Threads Sale ENDS 8/15
• Hampton Designer Showhouse
• Sons + Daughters Closing Sale
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• auto. Bedding Sale
• Gus*Modern Sale ENDS 8/16
• MoMAStore Summer Sale
& 8 more below the jump....
• Shandell's Sale ENDS 8/15
• Fashioning Felt
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale
• Asia Rustic Summer Sale
• Gracious Home Summer Clearance
• Tour de DWR
• Frank Lloyd Wright Event
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• AERO Summer Sale
419 Broome Street, New York City
Monday - Saturday 11am - 6pm
8/5 - 9/5
• ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Sale Up to 75% off original prices on lighting, select tabletop & decorative accessories, bedding & bath and modern, grounded & antique furniture, handmade oriental rugs, modern rugs, and more.
ABC Carpet & Home – Bronx Warehouse Outlet
1055 Bronx River Avenue Bronx, NY 10472
8/13 -8/23: Mon-Fri 10am - 7pm Sat 9am - 7pm Sun 10am - 6pm
• Pompanoosuc Mills Showroom Sale 35%-50% off all Pompy showroom floor samples while supplies last. 20%-25% off all new Pompy furniture orders. 20%-50% off select rugs.
124 Hudson Street/Tribeca New York City 10013
Now - 8/23
• Nest Interiors Summer Sale Save 30-50% storewide during Nest Interiors' Summer Sale. Save on home accessories including candles, pillows, picture frames, and decorative boxes from designers such as Dransfield & Ross, Dayna Decker, Thomas Paul and more! All furniture and artwork is also on sale. Hurry in for the best selection.
172A Ninth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Now - 9/13
• IS Stationary Sale IS — the home of INDUSTRIES Stationery and NAVA products — is having a storewide clearance sale. Everything in the store is (at least) 40% off
original prices, including the current seasonal collection. A selection of products have been reduced to more than 60% off. Many items are from our warehouse inventory and have never been on sale before. In store only.
91 Crosby Street (between Prince and Spring Streets) New York City
8/6 - 8/16: Monday–Friday 12pm -7pm; Saturday 11am - 7pm; Sunday 12pm - 6pm
• Dallek Office Furniture Sale Up to 60% off Dallek office furniture including desks, desk chairs, sofas, conference room furniture, workstations, floor samples, cabinetry, etc.
269 Madison Avenue (between 39th and 40th Streets)
8/3 - 8/28
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad's work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• MUJI Furniture Sale 20% offselected Home Office and Study Furniture.
MUJI SOHO: 455 Broadway (Between Grand and Howard Streets)
MUJI Times Square: The New York Times Building 620 8th Avenue (40th St.)
MUJI Chelsea: 16 W 19th street (Between 5th and 6th Avenue)
• Conran Shop Sale 20% all furniture and upholstery.
407 East 59th Street, New York, NY, 10022
• Red Threads Floor Sample Sale All solid teak wood bedroom sets: 30% to 50% off. Selected Duvet cover sets: 30% to 50% off. All sheet sets: 20% to 50% off. Selected Accent throw pillows: 40% off.
190 Elizabeth Street (between Spring & Prince)
Now - 8/15
• Hampton Designer Showhouse Traditional Home magazine sponsors the Ninth Annual Hampton Designer Showhouse. Approximately 20 top interior designers and decorative artists will turn a lavish shingle style home into a decorating masterpiece. Proceeds will benefit Southampton Hospital. Children under six, infants, strollers and pets are not allowed in the Showhouse. Admission to the showhouse is $30 and includes the Showhouse Journal.
Southampton, New York
7/25 - 9/6: 11am - 5pm
• Sons + Daughters Closing Sale After 5 years, Sons + Daughters, the concept-driven children's boutique will be closing its doors at the end of the summer. Everything is discounted and for the first time ever, all toys, books and baby carriers will also be on sale.
35 Avenue A (Between 2nd and 3rd Streets)
New York, NY 10009
Sale Begins 7/10 (ends 8/23 or when out of stock!)
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
• auto. Bedding Sale 15% off Unison, John Robshaw, Plover Organic, Utility Canvas, & Brahms Mount.
803 and 805 Washington Street (between Gansevoort and Horatio) NYC
• MoMAStore Summer Sale Save up to 50% online and in stores. New markdowns up to 65% off.
11 West 53 Street
81 Spring Street
• Shandell's Sale 15% all in stock and online items, vintage lighting, hand mad lamp shades, tissue boxes, matches and more.
Online and 5916 N Elm Ave, Millerton, New York 12546
Now - 8/15: Thurs - Sat 11am - 5pm, by chance & appointment
•Fashioning Felt A new exhibition that explores the varied new uses of felt in contemporary design. The exhibition showcases more than 70 works from a range of fields, from fashion accessories and costume design to architecture, home furnishings and product design, and features a number of site-specific felt installations.
Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum
2 East 91st Street New York, NY 10128 212.849.8400
3/6 - 9/7
• B. Moore Design Sample Sale All floor samples are up to 40% off.
385 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
7/6 - Labor Day. Tues-Fri 9-6:30, Sat 12-6
• Asia Rustic Summer Sale Up to 70% home furnishings and up to 50% off decor and home accessories. Free shipping online.
37 West 23rd Street (Bet. 5th & 6th Aves.) New York, NY 10011
Now – 8/31: 12pm - 7:30pm
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Tour de DWR Explore New York with DWR's homage to the Tour de France.The first annual Tour de DWR will be a self-paced race to visit all five DWR locations in lower Manhattan in one day. How you get around is up to you: Cycle, walk, run, skate, catch the subway or take a taxi. The only rule is that you must visit DWR West 14th, Flatiron, Tribeca, SoHo Greene and DWR: Tools for Living on Saturday, August 22. Pick up a card at your first stop, see an associate at each location to get validated, then make your last stop DWR: Tools for Living in SoHo to submit your completed race ticket by 7pm. All who complete the tour and submit their ticket will be entered to win a Maharam pillow, and the first person to do it on a bicycle will win a Cycloc bike rack. Once you've done the circuit and submitted your entry, hang out at Tools for Living from 7-9pm to enjoy beverages and snacks and to take a look at Strida and Biomega bikes and the rest of our summer collection.
Saturday, 8/ 22, 11am - 7pm
Reception at DWR: Tools for Living, 7pm - 9pm
• Wendy Evans Joseph on Frank Lloyd Wright Design Within Reach welcomes the exhibit designer of the Guggenheim Museum's Frank Lloyd Wright: From Within Outward. RSVP to E62nd@dwr.com.
27 East 62nd Street (between Madison and Park) NYC 10065
Thursday, 8/27, 7pm-9pm
• Fall Handmade Cavalcade The Fall Handmade Cavalcade is over 20 vendors selling the most unique locally made handmade goods the NY Metro and Hudson Valley has to offer: unique handcrafted jewelry, kitschy housewares, handmade soaps, one of a kind paper goods, children's toys in all shapes and sizes, as well as fashion forward apparel and accessories. Sponsored by Paper Presence and Luulay.com. Come early, the first 40 people will receive a limited edition silkscreened tote bag full of goodies!
Corner of Main Street and North Cedar in Beacon, New York
Saturday 9/12: 11am - 7pm