• Shelter Furniture Annual Sale
• Islands in LA: Pop-up Artshow at Poketo HQ
• Modernica's 20th Anniversary Party
• Expanding Architecture: Conversations on Design as Activism
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale
• Telling Stories Through Design: A Retrospecyive of Kit Hinrichs
Sales and Events of Interest Around Los Angeles
• Shelter Furniture Big annual sale with 25-50% savings on furniture and accessories.
7920 Beverly Blvd.
Mon–Sat 10 – 6pm
• Modernica's 20th Anniversary Party Surface magazine and Modernica celebrate 20 years of Modernica, with a new chair designed by Peter Shire and Modernica Studio and recent paintings by Amy Shock.
7366 Beverly Blvd.
Thursday, February 26th
• Expanding Architecture: Conversations on Design as Activism sponsored by Steelcase on the occasion of the publication of Metropolis Books' latest book Expanding Architecture: Design as Activism co-edited by Bryan Bell and Katie Wakeford of DesignCorps. Speakers at the event include: Bryan Bell; Sergio Palleroni co-founder and director of the BaSiC initiative; Emily Gabel-Luddy, FASLA co-director Urban Design Studio Los Angeles Dept of City Planning; John Hamilton, design director of Coalesse; Liz Martin principal of Alloy Projects; and Thomas Cody, principal of Gerding Edlen Development. Register here.
Steelcase WorkLife Center Santa Monica, CA
1217 Second Street
Thursday, February 26th
• Bauer Pottery Showroom Sale great deals on seconds (pieces with multiple glaze pinholes, glaze skips, uneven glazing or the pottery being off-round)
3051 Rosslyn Street
March 7 & 8
10am - 5pm
• Telling Stories Through Design: A Retrospecyive of Kit Hinrichs "The Storyteller's Art" collects more than 200 examples of leading graphic designer Kit Hinrichs' work for a 40-year retrospective. An alumnus of Art Center College of Design (Advertising, 1963), Hinrichs is the San Francisco partner of Pentagram; his design direction can be seen in such publications as catalogs for "Design Within Reach" and "Restoration Hardware."
Alyce de Roulet Williamson Gallery
Art Center College of Design (Hillside Campus)
1700 Lida Street
Thursday, February 26
• Islands in LA: Pop-up Artshow at Poketo HQ Artists Luke Ramsey and Angela Conley the founders of Islands Fold, along with Los Angeles artists Travis Millard, Marco Zamora, Derek Albeck, Joel Speasmaker, and James Gulliver Hancock present to you a special all day exhibition titled, "Islands in LA." This show will be as spontaneous in nature as it was when planned, transforming Poketo Studio into a home in honor of Islands Fold's dedication to health and well being as an artists residency.
More information here and past posts about Poketo on AT here.
510 South Hewitt Street, #506
Friday, February 27th 3 PM - 6 PM
Open studio with artists 6 PM - 9 PM: Official Artshow/ Party