• Visual Acoustics Film
• Open House New York
• Blu Dot Sample Sale
• Cassina Fall Sale
• Baker Warehouse Clearance Sale
• Nemo Tile Warehouse Sale
• KIOSK Sale
• John Robshaw Sale
• Steven Sclaroff's Fall Sale ENDS 10/9
• DWR Semi-Annual Sale
• YLighting FLOS Sale
• La Selva Designer Showcase
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale
• Container Store Shelving Sale
• YLighting Warehouse Sale ENDS 10/9
• Alessi "Time is Money" Sale ENDS 10/10
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale
& 12 more below the jump...MORE THIS WEEK
• Metropolitan Home’s Showtime House
• Conran Shop Sale
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale
• Ron Arad Retrospective
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• Jonathan Adler & Calypso St. Barth Sample Sale
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale
• Uptown Designer House Tour
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction
• Carini Lang Annual Sale
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Visual Acoustics Film Documentary about the late architectural photographer Julius Shulman. Visual Acoustics celebrates the life and career of Julius Shulman, whose images brought modern architecture to the American mainstream. Shulman, who passed away this year at the age of ninety eight, captured the work of nearly every major modern and progressive architect since the 1930s including Frank Lloyd Wright, Richard Neutra, John Lautner, and Frank Gehry. His images epitomized the singular beauty of Southern California¹s modernist movement and brought its iconic structures to the attention of the general public.
Cinema Village | 22 E 12th Street New York, New York 10003
• Open House New York America's largest architecture and design celebration with
free access to over 350 sites and programs, including tours, talks, performances, and family activities in all 5 boroughs.
10/10 - 10/11
• Blu Dot Sample Sale Fall Floor Sample Sale - Up to 75% off.
140 Wooster Street (between Prince & Houston)
Friday, 10/9: 11am - 7pm
Saturday 10/10: 11am - 7pm
Sunday 10/11: 12pm - 6pm
• Cassina Fall Sale 20% OFF on all Cassina furniture — premier Italian furniture maker, Cassina, is known for its leading design, quality and comfort. Collections of iconic designs by world renown architects and designers: Le Corbusier, Charlotte Perriand, Charles R. Mackintosh, Gerrit T. Rietveld, Franco Albini. Gio Ponti, Mario Bellini, Vico Magistretti, Philippe Starck, Piero Lissoni, Gaetano Pesco and more.
Midtown East | 155 East 56th Street, New York NY 10022
SoHo |151 Wooster Street, New York NY 10012
• Baker Warehouse Clearance Sale Baker, a premier manufacturer and designer of fine furniture, is offering consumers a large assortment of Baker and Milling Road furniture available at clearance pricing. The furniture and upholstery range from Baker's best-in-class Stately Homes Collection to its exclusive designer lines. In addition to the furniture and upholstery offered, the event will also feature a wide variety of lighting and accessories.
Metropolitan Warehouse | 2565 Brunswick Avenue, Building J, Linden, New Jersey 07036
10/9 - 10/12: 10am - 5pm
• Nemo Tile Warehouse Sale over 200,000 square feet of porcelain tile, 15,000 square feet of glass tile and over 70,000 decos and listellos. Discounts will be up to 60-70% off.
Queens | 115-40 Dunkirk Street St. Albans, New York 11412
Long Island | 277 Old Country Road Hicksville, New York 11802
10/8 - 10/10: 9am - 4pm
• KIOSK Sale The America Collection is on sale.
95 Spring Street, New York
Tuesday - Saturday: 1pm - 7pm
• John Robshaw Sale 25% off selected pillows, bedding and other merchandise.
• Steven Sclaroff's Fall Wall Sale 30% off all Art, Mirrors, Prints and Photography. You can see almost everything online. No holds on any sale items, and all purchased must be picked up within 7 days.
Steven Sclaroff 44 White Street New York, New York 10013
10/5 - 10/9: 11am - 6pm
• DWR Semi-Annual Sale 15% off most merchandise and free shipping on orders over $1000.
Online and at all DWR Studio locations
10/1 - 10/13
• YLighting FLOS Sale YLighting is reducing their prices on ALL FLOS products by 35%! Customers can choose from reduced inventory of great lighting, including: wall scones, ceiling lights, chandeliers, table and floor lamps.
10/9 - 10/17
• La Selva Designer Showcase '09 The estate grounds of La Selva’s 25 acres provide for a resort style of living and are located in the prestigious incorporated village of Upper Brookville, Long Island. The old world craftsmanship of La Selva (circa 1915) combines beautifully with the creativity of over 35 notable interior designers who will participate in Designers’ Showcase '09 showing "how yesterday's architecture is compatible with today’s lifestyle".
10/3 -11/15: Closed Mondays except Columbus Day 10/12
• Restoration Hardware Lighting Sale Save 25% on all things lighting from Restoration Hardware — stores, catalog & online.
NYC Store | 935 Broadway New York, New York 10010
• Container Store Shelving Sale 25% off shelving solutions from The Container Store — choose from wall-mounted, free-standing, cube systems, bookcases and elfa.
Online and 4 New York-area stores.
• Alessi "Time is Money" Sale Alessi in conjunction with Seiko Instruments Inc. is pleased to announce “Time is Money,” which will offer a 20% savings on all watches, clocks and timers to help you gear up for the time change!
Online and In Stores:
Alessi Flagship | 130 Greene Street New York, New York 10012
Alessi Shop | 30 E. 60th Street New York, New York 10022
9/10 - 10/10
• Thos. Moser Sample Sale Choose from a wide selection of Thos. Moser furniture at reduced prices, all available for immediate purchase. This Special Savings Event is a rare opportunity to select from a large collection of floor models, one-of-a-kinds, not-quite-perfect, and first-quality pieces...all waiting to be taken home without waiting the standard lead time for pieces to be built and delivered. All sales at this event are on a first-come, first-served cash/credit and carry basis. We'll help you load them into your vehicle, or local delivery can be arranged on site (delivery charge will be based on destination address).
83 Wooster St. (Soho), New York, New York 10012
Opens 9/18: Mon-Sat: 11am-7pm; Sun: 12pm-6pm
• Crate & Barrel Upholstery Sale 15% off select Stock. 15% off select Stock Plus. 25% off Custom Upholstery.
Online and in stores.
8/28 - 10/12
• Metropolitan Home’s Showtime House The most unique and interactive showhome, featuring room designs inspired by six popular Showtime series (Californication, Dexter, Nurse Jackie, The Tudors, United States of Tara, and Weeds). This year’s line-up of incredible design talent includes Marie Aiello, James Biber, Christopher Coleman and Angel Sanchez, Markus Dochantschi at Studio MDA, Susannah Drake, Francine Gardner, Holly Hunt and Joannah Kornak for Holly Hunt, Andrew Kotchen and Matthew Berman of Workshop/apd, Paul Latham, Piero Lissoni, Kara Mann, Richard Mishaan, and Surfacedesign. Tickets are $20 and all proceeds benefit Housing Works.
Tribeca Summit 415 Greenwich Street
9/12 - 10/18
• Conran Shop Sale 20% off USM Haller Storage custom and quick-ship orders.
407 East 59th Street, New York, NY, 10022
• Baker, Milling Road & McGuire Sale Select furniture, accessories and lighting on sale.
The New York Design Center 200 Lexington Avenue Third Floor New York, New York 10016
Baker Tribeca 129-133 Hudson Street New York, New York 10013-2333
8/21 - 10/19
• Ron Arad Retrospective The Museum of Modern Art presents Ron Arad: No
Discipline, the first major U.S. retrospective of Arad’s work. See Rachael's post: Ron Arad: No Discipline The Museum of Modern Art
August 2 - October 19, 2009
• Smith & Hawken Liquidation Sale The website/catalog is shut down and the company is liquidating all their inventory directly from their 56 stores in 22 states and Washington, D.C. Find your nearest store here. See our post here.
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
• Ethan Allen, W.L.Landau Sale 30-70% OFF! NY/NJ Independent Ethan Allen Dealer W.L.Landau is hosting it's annual Warehouse Sale. Sofas, Beds, Tables and Chairs, Recliners, Media, Armoires, Desks, Rugs, Fabrics, Lighting, Pictures, Mirrors, Accents. Discontinued Items. Overstock. Cancellations. Like-New Floor Samples. Merchandise Sold As-Is. Cash or Credit Cards Only. Delivery Available.
850 Paterson Plank Road, Secaucus New Jersey 07094
10/16 - 18: Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
10/23 - 25: Fri 10-9, Sat 10-6, Sun 12-5
• Uptown Designer House Tour Top New York designers open glamorous private residences to the public for the 13th Annual Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club Uptown Designer House Tour, which benefits 14,000 children attending the Kips Bay Boys and Girls Club in the Bronx. Tour participants will meet at the GE Monogram Design Center in the Architects and Design building (150 East 58th Street, 10th Floor) between 10:00 and noon to pick up their tickets ($150 each with $125 tax deduction), a tour map and enjoy a light breakfast. The self-guided tour of the private homes takes place from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. followed by champagne cocktail reception at Sub-Zero/Wolf showroom also in the AD building.
AD building | 150 East 58th Street, 5th Floor
• Jonathan Adler Sample Sale 30% - 70% off Jonathan Adler furniture, rugs, lighting, pottery, pillows, accessories and more.
38-16 Skillman Avenue Long Island City, New York 11101
10/22: 10am - 8pm
10/23: 10am - 8pm
10/24: 10am - 4pm
• Jewish Museum: The Rite Stuff The Jewish Museum will present The Rite Stuff: Design and Modern Observance, a panel discussion about the role of design in modern life with panel that includes designer Jonathan Adler, artist Allan Wexler, writer and curator Ellen Lupton, and moderator Julie Lasky, editor of Change Observer.
The Jewish Museum
• Sollo Rago Modern Auction 960 lots of Modern design that includes work by Wharton Esherick, Wendell Castle, Gio Ponti, Campo & Graffi, Richard Blow, Judy Kensley McKie, Phil Powell, George Nakashima, Jacques Adnet, Ron Arad and Albert Paley.
333 North Main Street with Annex Gallery at 204 North Union Street, Lambertville, New Jersey
AUCTION 10/24 & 10/25: 11am
• Carini Lang Annual Sale Come shop our large selection of hand-woven carpets in all sizes – up to 70% off.
335 Greenwich Street New York, New York 10013
Thursday, 10/22: 10am – 6pm
Friday, 10/23: 10am – 7pm
Saturday, 10/24: 11am – 5pm