• Area Sample Sale
• DwellStudio Sample Sale
• Lotta Jansdotter Studio Sale
• Amy Helfand Studio Sale
• Mike's Mid-Century Modern Sale
• Housing Works Warehouse Sale
• Center for Book Arts Gift Fair
• Design Matters Taping TODAY
• One of a Kind Show and Sale
• Target To-Go Pop Up
• Twinkle by Wenlan Pop Up
• Resource Furniture Warehouse Sale
• Housing Works Naughty Holiday Auction
• Grand Street Adventure
• Sandra Handloser Holiday Sale
• l'aviva Home Pop-Up Store
• Rico Home Sale
18 more below the jump…
MORE THIS WEEK
• Hudson Goods Sale
• Bryce & Co Pop Up
• DWR Herman Miller Sale
• Jet Set Posters Sale
• Wired Store
• DWR Limited LAST DAY
• Sheherazade Sale
• Sanford Burrows Sale
• Japan Brand Shop
• BoConcept Holiday Sale
• Tim Burton Retrospective
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future
• Bauhaus: Workshops for Modernity
• M2L Moving Sale
• Interieurs Floor Sample Sale
• Casting HGTV Design Star Season 5
• A&D 3rd Thursday Late Nights
• Degenerate Craft Fair
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Area Sample Sale Up to 75% off retail prices on sheets, duvets and blankets.
55 East 11th Street (between University & Broadway)
12/10 - 12/11: 10am - 6pm
• DwellStudio Sample Sale One-of-a-kind items, never-before-seen samples and all your favorite DwellStudio patterns at 75% off. Products from baby, kids, table and home lines included.
DwellStudio | 155 6th Avenue (at Spring Street)
12/11 & 12/12: 11am - 7pm
• Lotta Jansdotter Studio Sale Visit Lotta in her new studio in the old knitting factory in Brooklyn. Find some linen bags, baby booties, books, stationery sets and sewing kits, table linen and much more! Free gift wrap and rather yummy ginger snap cookies.
119 8th Street (at 2nd & 3rd Avenues) Studio 305 Brooklyn, New York 11215
12/12: 12pm - 7pm
• Amy Helfand Studio Sale Open studio and sale on Amy Helfand artwork, bags and hand-knotted rugs.
499 Van Brunt Street 7C (third floor) Red Hook, Brooklyn
12/13: 12pm - 5pm
• Mike's Mid-Century Modern Sale Sale includes pieces by Paul McCobb, George Nelson, Herman Miller, Arne Vodder, Marcel Breuer, Paul Cadovious, Heywood Wakefield, and John Stuart...as well as many other beautiful American, Danish and custom fine furnishings.
Mike's MCM Workshop/Gallery | 161 Decatur Street (between Lewis and Marcus Garvey Streets) in Historic Stuyvesant Heights, Brooklyn
12/12 & 12/13: 11am - 7pm
• Housing Works Warehouse Sale $20 all-you-can-stuff bags of clothing and accessories.
Thrift Shops Warehouse | 4849 35th Street Long Island City, New York 11101
• Center for Book Arts Gift Fair Join us at our annual two-day festival of book arts, where the Center's artists and instructors will be selling their handcrafted creations. The Center's annual holiday fair is popular with anyone searching for beautiful, unusual, and affordable gifts.
The Center for Book Arts | 28 West 27th Street, Third Floor (between Broadway and Sixth Avenue)
PREVIEW PARTY 12/11: 6pm - 9pm ($10 admission to benefit the Center for Book Arts' programs)
HOLIDAY GIFT FAIR 12/12: 12pm - 6pm (free)
• Design Matters Taping A new design-centric television show is taping their pilot episode at SVA — it's hosted by AIGA president and Fast Company design blogger Debbie Millman and Friday's tapings include discussions with renowned designers Milton Glaser and Stefan Sagmeister.
School of Visual Arts Theater | 333 West 23rd Street New York City
12/11: seating at 2pm
• One of a Kind Show and Sale The best in fine art and fine craft from unique artists, artisans and designers from across North America. Each item for sale at the show will be made by hand, one piece at a time, and every artist represented will be in attendance. We have more than 200 artists signed on representing a variety of fields including home design, fashion, jewelry, painting, ceramics, glass, photography, plus much more.
Pier 94 | 711 12th Avenue New York, New York
12/10 - 12/13
• Target To-Go Pop Up A limited-time-only walk-up holiday shopping event where shoppers can dash up and dash off with the hottest mix of 50 holiday gifts at everyday low prices, wrapped and ready To-Go.
Gansevoort and Washington Streets, at the High Line entrance
12/11 -12/13: 10am - 8pm
• Twinkle by Wenlan Pop Up The ready-to-wear, accessories and home line's pop-up will offer not only their fall and holiday 2009 collections but also re-issues of favorites pieces from the last decade, in celebration of their 10th anniversary.
Cadillac's Castle | 333 East 9th Street East Village NYC
12/11 - 12/12: 12pm - 8pm
• Housing Works Naughty Holiday Auction Top Design winner Nathan Thomas presents "Santa's Psycho Sexy Playground," a holiday party to kick off an online auction curated by Thomas.
Housing Works Chelsea Thrift Shop | 143 West 17th Street New York, New York 10011
• Grand Street Adventure Businesses on Grand Street are going to display "farolitos" (votives in paper bags) in front of their storefronts and will be offering special discounts, food, drinks and events. The specials range from 20% off at Moon River Chattel to oyster specials at Walter Foods to free airplants at Sprout Home (w/ $20 purchase).
Grand Street in Williamsburg (between Marcy and Kent)
12/11: 6pm - 9pm
12/18: 6pm - 9pm
• Sandra Handloser Holiday Sale Save on home decor, pillows and throws, vintage textiles, fine art, collectibles, vintage and handmade jewelry from sets of TV series and film.
752 West End Ave #20H (97th Street) New York City New York 10026
12/13 & 12/14: 11am - 8pm
• l'aviva Home Pop-Up Store
54 Crosby Street, NYC
12/10 - 12/13
• Rico Home Sale Holiday Home Sale now extended through December 21st. 15% to 70% off on all red tagged floor models and stock only. Many gift items on sale, including our own published limited edition prints.
384 Atlantic Avenue between Hoyt & Bond Streets Brooklyn New York 11217
11/15 - 12/21
• Bryce & Co Pop Up Cashmere home goods inspired by menswear tailoring including blankets, bedding and holiday gifts and stockings.
92 Perry Street (at Bleeker)
11/27 - 1/3
• Jet Set Posters Sale 25% off original 60s and 70s-era travel and advertising posters
now - 12/20
• Wired Store All that's new and next in the world of WIRED: Cutting-edge technology and design, the latest in games and gaming, cool new music and books, hot new gear and gadgets, indoor and outdoor inspiration,products to help you lead a greener life, and the opportunity to own your very own WIRED-branded stuff.
415 West 13th Street (between 9th Avenue & Washington Street)
11/21 - 12/27
• Sheherazade Sale Save up to 40% off all furniture and accessories from Morocco, Syria, Egypt, Turkey and central Asia.
121 Orchard Street New York, New York 10002
11/27 - 12/26
• Sanford Burrows Sale 35% off all bedding.
11/17 - 12/25
• Japan Brand Shop An exceptional array of unique Japanese gifts you won't find anywhere else: accessories & apparel, home decor items, cookware & knives, hand-blown glass and more. Join us for an exciting and informative event series. From late night shopping events to classes on Japanese cooking, gift wrapping and floral arrangement!
Felissimo Design House | 10 West 56th Street New York
11/23 - 12/24: Monday-Saturday, 11am - 6pm
• BoConcept Holiday Sale Customers will receive half off their second accessory purchase. Examples of accessories include vases, sculptures, cushions, candleholders and more.
All New York and Edgewater, New Jersey stores
11/20 - 12/24
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
11/22 - 4/26/2010
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future The first retrospective of this architect's career, which was one of the most prolific, unorthodox, and controversial in the history of 20th-century architecture.
Program of Events
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street) New York City
11/10 - 1/31/10
• Bauhaus 1919-1933: Workshops for Modernity MoMA's first major exhibition since 1938 on the subject of this famous and influential school of avant-garde art.
The Museum of Modern Art | 11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019
11/8 - 1/25/2010
• M2L Moving Sale Popular pieces from Baleri Italia, Walter Knoll, Hoffmann, Artifort and more will be discounted from 45% - 75% off as M2L plans a move to a larger space in January.
215 East 58th Street, Second Floor
Now - 12/15: Monday - Friday, 9:30am - 6pm (Friday afternoons - please call first: 212.832.8222)
• Interieurs Floor Sample Sale Up to 75% off storewide floor sample sale just in time before the holidays. Please visit the showroom or call us if you have any questions.
Interieurs | 151 Franklin Street New York, New York 10013 | 212.343.0800
• Casting HGTV Design Star Season 5 Do you think you have what it takes to host your own series on HGTV? Would you love the challenge of competing in a design-based reality show?
We're looking for great designers. We're searching for designers who will bring the world of design and decorating to life in their very own passionate and unique way. The world of design is ever-expanding, so the more invested you are, the better. If you are interested in applying, please email David Polanzak at email@example.com with the following information: Name, Age, Hometown, Phone, Photo.
• Architects & Designers Building 3rd Thursday Late Nights For all who cannot come to the A&D Building during usual business hours to experience its top-tier showrooms featuring luxury kitchen & bath, appliances, tile & stone and home furnishings: Starting September 17th and continuing on the Third Thursday of each month through the end of 2009 the A&D Building will stay open late—until 8pm.
Architects & Designers Building | 150 East 58th Street (between Lexington & Third Avenues)
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Degenerate Craft Fair A sort of anti-art-fair, the Degenerate Craft Fair features over 20 artists, designers and their work. Just in time for holiday shopping, most of the items offered will cost less than $50.
BravinLee Programs | 526 W 26th street NYC
12/18: 12pm - 9pm
12/19: 12pm - 6pm