Jump below for more information
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Conran Shop Sale Save up to 75% on select furniture, home and desk accessories, textiles, and tabletop. Shop early for the best selection; quantities limited. All sales final. No returns.
Online & Conran Shop | 407 E 59th Street New York City, NY (at First Avenue)
1/2 - 1/31
• ABC Carpet & Home Sale End of season clearance event throughout our stores. Save up to 75% off original prices at all our store locations! Including special savings on selected items from Tom Dixon, Gus Modern, Geography and Zollanvari.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 & 881 Broadway New York, New York 10003
Bronx Outlet | 1055 Bronx River Avenue Bronx, New York 10472
Hackensack | 400 Huyler Street South Hackensack, New Jersey 07606
Delray Beach | 777 South Congress Avenue Delray Beach, Florida 33445
Now - 1/24
• Phaidon Store Warehouse Sale The 2,500-square-foot Phaidon Store will be packed full of thousands of Phaidon books at bargain basement prices up to 70% off, featuring for the first time a large selection of imperfect copies, across Phaidon's full range of titles covering fine arts, architecture, photography, design, performing arts, decorative arts, contemporary culture, travel, fashion, film, children's books and cookbooks.
100 Wooster Street (between Prince and Spring)
Now - 1/10
• BoConcept Seasonal Sale Amazing savings on smart sofas and storage units from the luxury brand’s 2010 contemporary design furniture collection. Discounted items include the popular Indivi 2 sofa, which can be customized to come in over 80 different fabrics and leathers. Also available at a reduced rate is the stylish and space efficient Basic 3D storage system. Additionally, as BoConcept showrooms are always being updated, purchasers on a budget are encouraged to take advantage of up to 60% off all floor sample models.
All New York and Edgewater, New Jersey stores
12/26 - 1/31
• Jonathan Adler Sale Discounts up to 50% off select pottery, textiles, dinnerware, holiday, lighting and more.
Online and Jonathan Adler 5 NYC Stores:
Jonathan Adler SoHo | 47 Greene Street 10013
Jonathan Adler Madison Avenue | 31097 Madison Avenue (at 83rd Street) 10028
Jonathan Adler Greenwich Avenue | 37 Greenwich Avenue 10014
Jonathan Adler Columbus Avenue | 304 Columbus Avenue (at 74th Street) 10023
Jonathan Adler Brooklyn | 378 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11217
Now - 1/17
• Container Store's Elfa Sale Save 30% off Elfa AND 30% off Elfa installation.
Container Stores in the New York area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
Now - 2/15
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Winter Clearance Sale Save 35% - 70% on floor samples and select stock. All upholstery special orders are 20% off.
SoHo | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | 210 Lafayette Street (between Spring & Broome)
Union Square | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | ABC Carpet & Home 888 Broadway 4th Floor
Now - 1/31
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving Promotion Consumers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
In New York City, Gus* Modern can be found at:
Gus* STUDIO@Bobby Berk Home | 59 Crosby Street New York
Gus* STUDIO@ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway New York
A & G Merch | 111 North 6th Street Brooklyn
Rico | 384 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn
1/1 - 1/31
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
11/22 - 4/26/2010
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future The first retrospective of this architect’s career, which was one of the most prolific, unorthodox, and controversial in the history of 20th-century architecture.
Program of Events
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street) New York City
11/10 - 1/31/10
• Bauhaus 1919-1933: Workshops for Modernity MoMA’s first major exhibition since 1938 on the subject of this famous and influential school of avant-garde art.
The Museum of Modern Art | 11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019
11/8 - 1/25/2010
• Casting HGTV Design Star Season 5 Do you think you have what it takes to host your own series on HGTV? Would you love the challenge of competing in a design-based reality show?
We're looking for great designers. We're searching for designers who will bring the world of design and decorating to life in their very own passionate and unique way. The world of design is ever-expanding, so the more invested you are, the better. If you are interested in applying, please email David Polanzak at email@example.com with the following information: Name, Age, Hometown, Phone, Photo.
OPEN CASTING IN NYC
Shetler Studios, 244 W. 54th St, 12th floor
Saturday, 1/16: 10am - 4pm
COMING UP IN DETAIL