• San Francisco Decorator Showcase
• Jonathan Adler Spring Awakening
• Hunters Point Shipyard Open Studios
• SFMOMA Artists Gallery Sale
• Rejuvenation Sale
• Modernica Sale
• Robert Abbey Special @ Lumens.com
• Petit Collage Pop-Up @ Zinc Details
• Artemide Sale @ Lumens.com
• Jonathan Adler Dinnerware Sale
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale
• Capsule Design Festival
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations
details below the jump…
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• San Francisco Decorator Showcase More than two dozen interior and landscape designers have transformed an elegant Presidio Heights mansion from the inside out for the West Coast's must-see design event of the year. The beautiful French Normandy-style home is located on one of the most desirable blocks in San Francisco's Presidio Heights and features three floors of living space. Tickets are available at the door and are $30
3450 Washington (between Laurel and Cherry Streets)
5/1 - 5/31:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday: 10am - 3pm (last entry)
Thursday and Friday: 10am - 7pm (last entry)
Sunday and Memorial Day: 11am - 4pm (last entry)
Monday: Closed (except Memorial Day)
• Jonathan Adler Spring Awakening Join us for an afternoon of happy chic shopping online or at any of our 12 Jonathan Adler boutique locations. You can enjoy spirited spirits, tasty tidbits, and best of all, a 15% discount during the event.
Online and Jonathan Adler's San Francisco Store:
Jonathan Adler San Francisco | 2133 Fillmore Street San Francisco, California 94115
• Hunters Point Shipyard Open Studios Spring Open Studio and Sale, presented by the Artists of Hunters Point Shipyard, began as one of two weekends per year when art collectors are allowed to drive onto the US Navy Base grounds to explore fine art in over 15 acres on foot. The self-guided tour consists of 150 artists in 7 buildings, and to purchase art from its maker.
Hunters Point Shipyard & Islais Creek Studios
5/1 - 5/2: 11am - 6pm
• SFMOMA Artists Gallery Sale 17th Annual Artists Warehouse Sale: five-day sales event supporting Bay Area artists as well as SFMOMA's exhibitions and programs. Artworks are available in all media from a wide range of artists at prices from $50 to $5,000 — preview them on Facebook starting April 20.
SFMOMA | Bldg. A, Fort Mason Center San Francisco, California 94123
5/5 - 5/9
• Local By Design Chronicle Books and Zinc Details are partnering to showcase local artists and their works in a two month exhibition entitled Local By Design. Chronicle Books, longtime publisher of local designers, artists, and writers, selected 80 titles to honor the importance and success of local authors, topics, and neighborhood favorites. Works from Bay Area author/artists like Petit Collage, McSweeney's, Jason Munn, Meg Mateo Ilasco, Derek Fagerstrom and Lauren Smith will be on display and for sale at the Fillmore location of Zinc Details. Lisa Congdon, Clare Rojas and Josie Iselin will exhibit original artwork during the installation; and Rojas and Iselin will be present at the Opening Reception.
Zinc Details | 1905 Fillmore Street, San Francisco, California 94115
OPENING RECEPTION: 5/7: 6pm - 8pm
INSTALLATION:5/1 - 6/30
• Artemide Sale 30% off list prices on select items, as well as free shipping.
Artemide Northern California and Pacific Northwest Showrooms and Online
San Francisco | 855 Montgomery Street San Francisco, California 94133
Seattle | 310 Occidental Avenue Seattle, Washington 98104
4/10 - 5/10
• Petit Collage Pop-Up @ Zinc Details San Francisco based Petit Collage, maker of modern wall decor and accessories for children is proud to hold a month-long pop-up shop at Zinc Details on Filmore Street.
Zinc Details | 1905 Fillmore Street San Francisco, California 94115
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale Save on functional and attractive organizing products. During the sale experts will be providing FREE in-store Spring Organization demonstrations every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and 4pm, from April 10th - May 9th. We'll also give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the San Francisco Metro area:
San Francisco | 26 Fourth Street San Francisco, California 94103
Corte Madera | 219 Corte Madera Town Center Corte Madera, California 94925
San Jose | 3080 Stevens Creek Boulelvard, Suite 1000 San Jose, California 95128
Walnut Creek | 1100 Locust Street Walnut Creek, California 94596
3/29 - 5/9
COMING SOON IN DETAIL
• Capsule Design Festival A free outdoor festival celebrating Bay Area fashion, accessory and housewares designers. 140 independent designers presenting a full array of unique, painfully creative goods.
Hayes Valley Park | Octavia and Hayes Streets (Octavia between Fell and Grove & Linden between Octavia and Gough) San Francisco, California 94102
5/23: 11am - 6pm
• Maira Kalman: Various Illuminations (of a Crazy World) The installation — spanning thirty years of original paintings, drawings, notebooks, and sketchbooks — is being composed by Kalman as a creative context for her work. The exhibition expresses Kalman's habits as a collector, walker, traveler, reader and maker of lists.
Contemporary Jewish Museum | 736 Mission Street (between 3rd and 4th Streets) San Francisco, California 94103
7/1 - 10/26
Send it to us. We publish every week: