• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS
• Tim Burton Retrospective
• Chester Nielsen California Houses
• Clic Bookstore Sale
• The Red Threads Sale
• Abitare Sale
• Rico Chair Sale
• DWR Upholstery & Rug Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• ABC Carpet & Home Sale
• Ochre Winter Sale
• BoConcept Seasonal Sale
• The American Antiques Show
• Container Store's Elfa Sale
• D. Porthault's White Sale
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future
• Bauhaus: Workshops for Modernity
• Mannahatta Lecture and Book Signing
• Knoll Sale
Jump below for more information…
MORE THIS WEEK
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS First in our series A toast to Local designers - Trained as Architects. We have been proudly displaying their work, now it is time we present in person our wonderful designers! There will be eight casual Fridays, over which you can meet 65 local designers.
VOOS | 103a North 3rd Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
1/22: 5pm - 8pm
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
Now - 4/26
• Chester Nielsen California Houses Nielsen, a California-born artist and architect, lives and works in New York. The drawings in the exhibition documents — in the words of the artist — the knowledge that I have gained from a year of study of the form embodied in this personal, social, architectural, and communal phenomena of Christmas lights on Californians' homes.
Art 101 | 101 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
OPENING RECEPTION 1/22: 7pm - 9pm
EXHIBIT1/22 - 2/28
• Clic Bookstore Sale Dozens of covetable art, fashion, and photography titles from houses like Taschen, Rizzoli, TeNeues, Steidl, and other art presses will be available for up to 30% off retail prices.
189 Lafayette Street (at Broome Street) in Soho
Now - 1/31
• The Red Threads Sale ½ off all floor samples (bedroom set, dining chairs, lounge chair, bar table set, etc). Selected bedding collections take 20% off. Selected throw pillow collections take 50% off.
190 Elizabeth Street (between Spring and Prince Street)
1/11 - 1/31: 12pm - 7pm daily
• Abitare Sale 20-30% off select merchandise with new stuff going on sale all the time. Great deals on Madeline Weinrib rugs, Hable Construction pillows, Alessi, Stelton and more!
309 Henry Street (between State Street & Atlantic Avenue) Brooklyn, New York 11201
Online | www.abitareshop.com
Now - 1/31
• Rico Chair Sale 30 - 70% off on showroom chairs. Also on sale: table lamps, pillows, rugs and accessories.
384 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
1/18 - 1/31
• Conran Shop Sale Save up to 75% on select furniture, home and desk accessories, textiles, and tabletop. Shop early for the best selection; quantities limited. All sales final. No returns.
Online & Conran Shop | 407 E 59th Street New York City, NY (at First Avenue)
1/2 - 1/31
• ABC Carpet & Home Sale End of season clearance event throughout our stores. Save up to 75% off original prices at all our store locations! Including special savings on selected items from Tom Dixon, Gus Modern, Geography and Zollanvari.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 & 881 Broadway New York, New York 10003
Bronx Outlet | 1055 Bronx River Avenue Bronx, New York 10472
Hackensack | 400 Huyler Street South Hackensack, New Jersey 07606
Delray Beach | 777 South Congress Avenue Delray Beach, Florida 33445
Now - 1/24
• BoConcept Seasonal Sale Amazing savings on smart sofas and storage units from the luxury brand's 2010 contemporary design furniture collection. Discounted items include the popular Indivi 2 sofa, which can be customized to come in over 80 different fabrics and leathers. Also available at a reduced rate is the stylish and space efficient Basic 3D storage system. Additionally, as BoConcept showrooms are always being updated, purchasers on a budget are encouraged to take advantage of up to 60% off all floor sample models.
All New York and Edgewater, New Jersey stores
12/26 - 1/31
• The American Antiques Show The American Antiques Show (TAAS), now in its ninth year, features the finest dealers in 17th- to 20th-century American folk art, furniture, American Indian art, decorative arts, and fine arts.
The Metropolitan Pavilion | 125 West 18th Street (between 6th and 7th Avenues) NYC
PREVIEW GALA To benefit the American Folk Art Museum Wednesday evening, 1/20
SHOW 1/21 - 1/24
• Container Store's Elfa Sale Save 30% off Elfa AND 30% off Elfa installation.
Container Stores in the New York area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
Now - 2/15
• D. Porthault's White Sale Discounts from 40-90% off retail prices, in addition to special archival prints made especially available for the White Sale.
470 Park Avenue (on 58th Street), New York, New York
1/18 - 2/6
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Winter Clearance Sale Save 35% - 70% on floor samples and select stock. All upholstery special orders are 20% off.
SoHo | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | 210 Lafayette Street (between Spring & Broome)
Union Square | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | ABC Carpet & Home 888 Broadway 4th Floor
Now - 1/31
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving Promotion Consumers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
In New York City, Gus* Modern can be found at:
Gus* STUDIO@Bobby Berk Home | 59 Crosby Street New York
Gus* STUDIO@ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway New York
A & G Merch | 111 North 6th Street Brooklyn
Rico | 384 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn
1/1 - 1/31
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future The first retrospective of this architect's career, which was one of the most prolific, unorthodox, and controversial in the history of 20th-century architecture.
Program of Events
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street) New York City
11/10 - 1/31/10
• Bauhaus 1919-1933: Workshops for Modernity MoMA's first major exhibition since 1938 on the subject of this famous and influential school of avant-garde art.
The Museum of Modern Art | 11 West 53 Street New York, NY 10019
11/8 - 1/25/2010
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Mannahatta Lecture and Book Signing Ever wondered what New York looked like before it was a city? Welcome to Mannahatta, 1609. Dr. Eric W. Sanderson, Senior Conservation Ecologist at the Wildlife Conservation Society, will recreate a very different New York, when the first Europeans were arriving on a hilly island teaming with wildlife. We will have his "New York Times" best-selling book, "Mannahatta: A Natural History of New York City," on hand for purchase and signing. You'll also have the opportunity to sponsor a city block for the Mannahatta Project. Hors d'oeuvres and wine will be served. Please RSVP.
DWR Tools for Living | 142 Wooster Street New York, New York 10012
• Knoll Sale Enjoy the last days of 2009 pricing, extra savings and free white glove delivery on made to order KnollStudio Classics, including all designs by Harry Bertoia, Florence Knoll, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Warren Platner, Jens Risom, Eero Saarinen and Marcel Breuer.
Knoll Showroom 76 Ninth Avenue 11th Floor New York, New York 10011
2/1 - 2/3: 10am - 6pm
2/4: 10am - 7pm
2/5: 10am - 5pm
2/6: 11am - 4pm