• Knoll Sale
• Baxter & Liebchen Sale
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS
• Alessi Sale
• Eero Saarinen LAST DAY 1/31
• Chester Nielsen California Houses
• Clic Bookstore Sale
• The Red Threads Sale
• YLiving Knoll Sale
• Abitare Sale
• Rico Chair Sale
• DWR Upholstery & Rug Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Ochre Winter Sale
8 more below the jump
MORE THIS WEEK
• BoConcept Seasonal Sale
• Container Store's Elfa Sale
• D. Porthault's White Sale
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Sale
• Pink Pig Bedding Sale
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving
• Tim Burton Retrospective
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Knoll Sale Enjoy the last days of 2009 pricing, extra savings and free white glove delivery on made to order KnollStudio Classics, including all designs by Harry Bertoia, Florence Knoll, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Warren Platner, Jens Risom, Eero Saarinen and Marcel Breuer.
Knoll Showroom 76 Ninth Avenue 11th Floor New York, New York 10011
2/1 - 2/3: 10am - 6pm
2/4: 10am - 7pm
2/5: 10am - 5pm
2/6: 11am - 4pm
• Baxter & Liebchen Sale Baxter & Liebchen is having a Giant Warehouse Sale! We are clearing out large numbers of High End Vintage Danish Furniture from the 1930's - 1960's. Reductions will be from 20% - 80% off! Sale applies to DUMBO Showroom Items Only.
33 Jay Street (corner of Plymouth) in DUMBO, Brooklyn
1/30 - 2/7: Everyday 10am - 6pm
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS Second in our series A toast to Local designers - Exploring Wood. We have been proudly displaying their work, now it is time we present in person our wonderful designers! There will be eight casual Fridays, over which you can meet 65 local designers.
VOOS | 103a North 3rd Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
1/29: 5pm - 8pm
• Alessi Sale Discount of up to 70% off on overstock items, discontinued or floor samples, as well as other popular pieces.
Alessi Madison | 30 East 60th Street @ Madison Avenue
Alessi Soho | 130 Greene Street @ Prince Street
2/1 - 2/28
• Eero Saarinen: Shaping the Future The first retrospective of this architect's career, which was one of the most prolific, unorthodox, and controversial in the history of 20th-century architecture.
Program of Events
Museum of the City of New York | 1220 Fifth Avenue (at 103rd Street) New York City
11/10 - 1/31/10
• Chester Nielsen California Houses Nielsen, a California-born artist and architect, lives and works in New York. The drawings in the exhibition documents — in the words of the artist — the knowledge that I have gained from a year of study of the form embodied in this personal, social, architectural, and communal phenomena of Christmas lights on Californians' homes.
Art 101 | 101 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
OPENING RECEPTION 1/22: 7pm - 9pm
EXHIBIT1/22 - 2/28
• Clic Bookstore Sale Dozens of covetable art, fashion, and photography titles from houses like Taschen, Rizzoli, TeNeues, Steidl, and other art presses will be available for up to 30% off retail prices.
189 Lafayette Street (at Broome Street) in Soho
Now - 1/31
• The Red Threads Sale ½ off all floor samples (bedroom set, dining chairs, lounge chair, bar table set, etc). Selected bedding collections take 20% off. Selected throw pillow collections take 50% off.
190 Elizabeth Street (between Spring and Prince Street)
1/11 - 1/31: 12pm - 7pm daily
• Abitare Sale 20-30% off select merchandise with new stuff going on sale all the time. Great deals on Madeline Weinrib rugs, Hable Construction pillows, Alessi, Stelton and more!
309 Henry Street (between State Street & Atlantic Avenue) Brooklyn, New York 11201
Online | www.abitareshop.com
Now - 1/31
• Rico Chair Sale 30 - 70% off on showroom chairs. Also on sale: table lamps, pillows, rugs and accessories.
384 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn
1/18 - 1/31
• Conran Shop Sale Save up to 75% on select furniture, home and desk accessories, textiles, and tabletop. Shop early for the best selection; quantities limited. All sales final. No returns.
Online & Conran Shop | 407 E 59th Street New York City, NY (at First Avenue)
1/2 - 1/31
• BoConcept Seasonal Sale Amazing savings on smart sofas and storage units from the luxury brand's 2010 contemporary design furniture collection. Discounted items include the popular Indivi 2 sofa, which can be customized to come in over 80 different fabrics and leathers. Also available at a reduced rate is the stylish and space efficient Basic 3D storage system. Additionally, as BoConcept showrooms are always being updated, purchasers on a budget are encouraged to take advantage of up to 60% off all floor sample models.
All New York and Edgewater, New Jersey stores
12/26 - 1/31
• Container Store's Elfa Sale Save 30% off Elfa AND 30% off Elfa installation.
Container Stores in the New York area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
Now - 2/15
• D. Porthault's White Sale Discounts from 40-90% off retail prices, in addition to special archival prints made especially available for the White Sale.
470 Park Avenue (on 58th Street), New York, New York
1/18 - 2/6
• Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Winter Clearance Sale Save 35% - 70% on floor samples and select stock. All upholstery special orders are 20% off.
SoHo | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | 210 Lafayette Street (between Spring & Broome)
Union Square | Mitchell Gold + Bob Williams Signature Store | ABC Carpet & Home 888 Broadway 4th Floor
Now - 1/31
• Gus* Modern Keep on Giving Promotion Consumers that bring 3 non-perishable food items into a participating Gus* retailer will receive 15% off the MSRP on Gus* Modern Essentials upholstery, dining, storage, lighting, and accessories. Collected food will be distributed by the participating retailers to local food banks in their respective communities.
In New York City, Gus* Modern can be found at:
Gus* STUDIO@Bobby Berk Home | 59 Crosby Street New York
Gus* STUDIO@ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway New York
A & G Merch | 111 North 6th Street Brooklyn
Rico | 384 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn
1/1 - 1/31
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
Now - 4/26
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design A presentation of innovative solutions to matters of everyday life by individual designers and design oriented companies during Meatpacking District Design '10. The event focuses on today's interpretations of the traditional values that made Finnish Design world famous sixty years ago.
5/14 - 5/17