• Knoll Sale
• Baxter & Liebchen Sale
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS
• Alessi Sale
• Chester Nielsen California Houses
• Charles P. Rogers Sale
• YLiving Knoll Sale
• Abitare Sale
• DWR Knoll Classics Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Container Store's Elfa Sale
• Modern Poster Exhibit & Auction
• D. Porthault's White Sale
• Pink Pig Bedding Sale
• Tim Burton Retrospective
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design
more information below the jump
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Knoll Sale Enjoy the last days of 2009 pricing, extra savings and free white glove delivery on made to order KnollStudio Classics, including all designs by Harry Bertoia, Florence Knoll, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe, Warren Platner, Jens Risom, Eero Saarinen and Marcel Breuer.
Knoll Showroom 76 Ninth Avenue 11th Floor New York, New York 10011
2/1 - 2/3: 10am - 6pm
2/4: 10am - 7pm
2/5: 10am - 5pm
2/6: 11am - 4pm
• Baxter & Liebchen Sale Baxter & Liebchen is having a Giant Warehouse Sale! We are clearing out large numbers of High End Vintage Danish Furniture from the 1930's - 1960's. Reductions will be from 20% - 80% off! Sale applies to DUMBO Showroom Items Only.
33 Jay Street (corner of Plymouth) in DUMBO, Brooklyn
1/30 - 2/7: Everyday 10am - 6pm
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS Third in our series A toast to Local designers - Metal Masters. We have been proudly displaying their work, now it is time we present in person our wonderful designers! There will be eight casual Fridays, over which you can meet 65 local designers.
VOOS | 103a North 3rd Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
2/5: 5pm - 8pm
• Alessi Sale Discount of up to 70% off on overstock items, discontinued or floor samples, as well as other popular pieces.
Alessi Madison | 30 East 60th Street @ Madison Avenue
Alessi Soho | 130 Greene Street @ Prince Street
2/1 - 2/28
• Chester Nielsen California Houses Nielsen, a California-born artist and architect, lives and works in New York. The drawings in the exhibition documents — in the words of the artist — the knowledge that I have gained from a year of study of the form embodied in this personal, social, architectural, and communal phenomena of Christmas lights on Californians' homes.
Art 101 | 101 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
OPENING RECEPTION 1/22: 7pm - 9pm
EXHIBIT1/22 - 2/28
• Abitare Sale30% off nearly everything. Great deals on Madeline Weinrib rugs, Hable Construction pillows, Alessi, Stelton and more!
309 Henry Street (between State Street & Atlantic Avenue) Brooklyn, New York 11201
Online | www.abitareshop.com
Now - 2/28
• DWR Knoll Classics Sale Save 15% on a selection of specially marked classics from Knoll. The discount is valid on select products by Knoll and includes a free upgrade to White Glove delivery service.
Now - 2/7
• Conran Shop Sale Save up to 75% on select furniture, home and desk accessories, textiles, and tabletop. Shop early for the best selection; quantities limited. All sales final. No returns. An additional 15% off starts 2/11.
Online & Conran Shop | 407 E 59th Street New York City, NY (at First Avenue)
• Container Store's Elfa Sale Save 30% off Elfa AND 30% off Elfa installation.
Container Stores in the New York area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
Now - 2/15
• Modern Poster Exhibit & Auction The International Poster Center will offer more than 400 original vintage posters from the latter half of the 20th century, in its second Modern Poster Auction. Featuring posters from around the world, this show explores the unbridled creativity that defined graphic advertising from the 1950s onward. Aimed at first-time buyers, with many reserves as low as $50.
The International Poster Center | 601 W. 26th Street
ON VIEW 2/1 – 2/10
AUCTION 2/11: 5:30pm
• D. Porthault's White Sale Discounts from 40-90% off retail prices, in addition to special archival prints made especially available for the White Sale.
470 Park Avenue (on 58th Street), New York, New York
1/18 - 2/6
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
Now - 4/26
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design A presentation of innovative solutions to matters of everyday life by individual designers and design oriented companies during Meatpacking District Design '10. The event focuses on today's interpretations of the traditional values that made Finnish Design world famous sixty years ago.
5/14 - 5/17