• Abitare Sale
• Jonathan Adler Upholstery Sale
• Frederick P. Victoria & Son Sale
• Baker & McGuire Sale
• Task Sale
• Container Store's Office Sale
• The Company Store White Sale
• Local Designers @ VOOS
• Interieurs Moving Sale
• Alessi Sale
• Chester Nielsen California Houses
• Charles P. Rogers Sale
• DWR Storage Sale
• Conran Shop Sale
• Tim Burton Retrospective
6 more below the jump
scroll down for details
• Architectural Digest Home Design Show
• Go Green Expo
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Sale
• Charles P. Rogers Warehouse Sale
• WÜD Showroom Sale POSTPONED
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• Abitare Sale 30% off nearly everything. Great deals on Madeline Weinrib rugs, Hable Construction pillows, Alessi, Stelton and more!
309 Henry Street (between State Street & Atlantic Avenue) Brooklyn, New York 11201
Online | www.abitareshop.com
Now - 2/28
• Jonathan Adler Upholstery Sale Save 15% off custom upholstered furniture, including chairs, sofas, loveseats, beds, benches and ottomans.
Online and Jonathan Adler 5 NYC Stores:
Jonathan Adler SoHo | 47 Greene Street 10013
Jonathan Adler Madison Avenue | 31097 Madison Avenue (at 83rd Street) 10028
Jonathan Adler Greenwich Avenue | 37 Greenwich Avenue 10014
Jonathan Adler Columbus Avenue | 304 Columbus Avenue (at 74th Street) 10023
Jonathan Adler Brooklyn | 378 Atlantic Avenue Brooklyn, New York 11217
2/15 - 3/14
• Frederick P. Victoria & Son Warehouse Sale Public warehouse sale with savings of between 30% - 70% off antique inventory including case goods, chairs, lighting, objects and more.
2107 Borden Avenue, Long Island City, New York 11101
2/22 - 3/12: Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm
• Task Sale Task "Winter-Be-Gone" sale. Save an amazing 40% on select home accessory and tabletop items including: all Roost glassware, all Ankasa pillows, all Paola Navone tea service sets, and more.
Task | 100 N. 3rd St. (between Berry & Wythe) | Williamsburg, Brooklyn
2/26 - 2/28: 12pm - 8pm
• Container Store's Work Smart Office Sale Save on office organizational supplies. During the sale, Container Store is providing FREE in-store "Get Your Office Working For You" demonstrations — every Saturday and Sunday at 2 pm & 4 pm from 2/27 - 3/28. They're giving away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the New York area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
2/16 - 3/28
• The Company Store White Sale Bedding, blankets and towels on sale.
Now - 3/10
• A Toast to Local Designers @ VOOS Sixth in our series A Toast to Local designers - Established RISD Graduates. We have been proudly displaying their work, now it is time we present in person our wonderful designers! There will be eight casual Fridays, over which you can meet 65 local designers.
VOOS | 103a North 3rd Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
2/26: 5pm - 8pm
• Interieurs Moving Sale Furniture pieces, lighting, accessories and antiques with reductions of up to 80% off.
151 Franklin Street Tribeca New York, New York 10013
• Alessi Sale Discount of up to 70% off on overstock items, discontinued or floor samples, as well as other popular pieces.
Alessi Madison | 30 East 60th Street @ Madison Avenue
Alessi Soho | 130 Greene Street @ Prince Street
2/1 - 2/28
• Chester Nielsen California Houses Nielsen, a California-born artist and architect, lives and works in New York. The drawings in the exhibition documents — in the words of the artist — the knowledge that I have gained from a year of study of the form embodied in this personal, social, architectural, and communal phenomena of Christmas lights on Californians' homes.
Art 101 | 101 Grand Street Brooklyn, New York 11211
EXHIBIT1/22 - 2/28
• Conran Shop Sale Save up to 75% on select furniture, home and desk accessories, textiles, and tabletop. Shop early for the best selection; quantities limited. All sales final. No returns. An additional 15% off starts 2/11.
Online & Conran Shop | 407 E 59th Street New York City, New York (at First Avenue)
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
Now - 4/26
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• Architectural Digest Home Design Show Home products from nearly 300 established and up-and-coming brands. The show covers a broad range of categories including home furnishings,
accessories, art & antiques, kitchen and bath products, flooring, fabric, lighting, outdoor products and more. Also offered: complimentary designer consultations, special exhibits and seminars led by industry experts. General admission is $25 at the door or online. Online purchase includes a six-month subscription to Architectural Digest and admission to DIFFA's DINING BY DESIGN Thursday-Saturday. Ticket price also includes complimentary admission to the Go Green Expo.
Pier 94 | 12th Avenue at 55th Street, New York City
3/18: 10am - 6pm - Open to the design trade and VIP guests
3/19: 10am - 7pm - Open to the public
3/20 & 3/21: 10am - 6pm - Open to the public
• Go Green Expo The latest and greatest eco-friendly products and services, renewable energy sources for businesses and consumers, educating the community about the many tangible ways to be and go green, sustainable methods of transportation and cutting edge solutions for growing the green economy. Presented in conjunction with Architectural Digest Home Design Show (above).
Pier 92 | 12th Avenue at 55th Street, New York City
3/19 - 3/21
• Tufenkian Artisan Carpets Sale Annual sale on samples, recently discontinued and one-of-a-kinds. Save 50-75% on Tufenkian designer rugs by Barbara Barry, Clodagh, Laura Kirar, Mark Pollack, Kevin Walz and Vicente Wolf plus our Core Tibetan and Armenian collections.
919 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10022
3/18 - 3/28
• Charles P. Rogers Warehouse Sale Charles P. Rogers, New York's source for beautiful handcrafted beds since 1855, is having it's annual Warehouse Sale at their East Rutherford, New Jersey location. Showroom and photography samples, discontinued colors or styles, un-restored antiques and one-of-a-kind pieces will all be available at their lowest final sale prices.
Charles P. Rogers Warehouse | 300 Route 17 North at Union Avenue, East Rutherford, New Jersey
3/20: 10am - 7pm
• WÜ;D Showroom Sale Third annual showroom sale. All floor models and in-stock pieces will be discounted up to 25% off. All new and custom orders placed in February and March will receive a 20% discount.
222 Clifton Place, Brooklyn, New York 11216
2/20: 10am - 6pm Due to the unexpectedly early arrival of Corey's twin baby girls, the Third Annual Showroom Sale is being postponed until mid-March — we'll update the calendar with new information!
2/21: 12am - 6pm
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design A presentation of innovative solutions to matters of everyday life by individual designers and design oriented companies during Meatpacking District Design '10. The event focuses on today's interpretations of the traditional values that made Finnish Design world famous sixty years ago.
5/14 - 5/17