• The Future Perfect Sale
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale
• Brooklyn Indie Market
• Theodore Alexander Sale @ ABC
• Moroso & Foscarini @ The Future Perfect
• Lotta Jansdotter Sale
• FilzFelt Sale
• Elly Nelly Sale
• Westport Modern
• Tim Burton Retrospective
• AVENUE on Park Spring Style & Design Show
• Spring Handmade Cavalcade
• Pioneering Design: Michael Maharam & Maira Kalman
• Kips Bay Decorator Show House
• BKLYN DESIGNS 2010
• Pierre Frey Exhibition
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design
details below the jump…
scroll down for details
THIS WEEK IN DETAIL
• The Future Perfect Sale The Future Perfect will be selling floor models, samples and imperfectly perfect merchandise at discounted prices. Items will be discounted up to 70% off retail. Sale is in the Williamsburg and Great Jones stores only.
The Future Perfect | 55 Great Jones Street (Between Bowery and Lafayette) Manhattan
The Future Perfect | 115 N 6th Street (at the corner of Berry) Williamsburg, Brooklyn
4/2 - 4/9
• Container Store's Spring Organization Sale Save on functional and attractive organizing products. During the sale experts will be providing FREE in-store Spring Organization demonstrations every Saturday and Sunday at 2pm and 4pm, from April 10th - May 9th. We'll also give away one $25 Gift Card at each demonstration!
Container Stores in the New York Metro area:
Chelsea | 629 Sixth Avenue New York, New York 10011
Midtown East | 725 Lexington Avenue New York, New York 10022 (at 58th Street)
Paramus | 370 Route 17 North Suite 1 Paramus, New Jersey 07652
White Plains | 145 Westchester Avenue White Plains, New York 10601
3/29 - 5/9
• Brooklyn Indie Market 4th grand reopening of Brooklyn Indie Market (BIM), a weekly weekend market showcasing some of the freshest names in jewelry, clothing, handbags, kidswear, bath, silk screened men's t-shirts and product design.
Located on Smith and Union Streets in Brooklyn's Carroll Gardens — take the F/G train to the Carroll station stop
4/3: 11am - 7pm
4/4: 11am - 6pm
• Theodore Alexander Sale @ ABC 20% off the entire Theodore Alexander collection at ABC Carpet & Home.
Manhattan | 888 Broadway New York, New York 10003
Hackensack | 400 Huyler Street, South Hackensack New Jersey 07606
3/25 - 4/4
• Moroso & Foscarini @ The Future Perfect Moroso and Foscarini have teamed up with Diesel to create a collection of furniture and lighting that combines a modern sensibility with a relaxed and comfortable aesthetic. The collection is inspired by Camp and Rock.
The Future Perfect | 55 Great Jones Street (Between Bowery and Lafayette)
Now - 5/3
• Westport Modern Photographic exhibit of modern architecture in Westport and Weston, Connecticut. Also featuring supplemental exhibitions, films and collections. MORE INFO: online
Westport Historical Society | 25 Avery Place, Westport, Connecticut 06880
1/24 - 5/1
• Tim Burton Retrospective
This major career retrospective on Tim Burton, consisting of a gallery exhibition and a film series, considers Burton's career as a director, producer, writer, and concept artist for live-action and animated films, along with his work as a fiction writer, photographer and illustrator.
MoMA | 11 West 53 Street New York, New York 10019
Now - 4/26
COMING UP IN DETAIL
• AVENUE on Park Spring Style & Design Show A boutique-style design and decoration event featuring a veritable whos's who of prestigious dealers with exquisite antiques, estate and contemporary jewelry, decorative objets d'art, vintage prints, Chinese export porcelain, English ceramics, silver, fine art and vintage couture.
Avenue on Park | 583 Park Avenue (between 63rd and 64th Street)
4/23 & 4/24: 11am - 7:30pm
4/25: 1:30pm - 6pm
• Spring Handmade Cavalcade Second-annual handmade shopping event Spring Handmade Cavalcade.
Berry Park | 4 Berry Street, Williamsburg, Brooklyn
4/24: 10am - 5pm
• Pioneering Design: Michael Maharam & Maira Kalman Michael Maharam, whose multidisciplinary company brings to the forefront the work of fine artists, graphic, and industrial designers. Joining Michael is Maira Kalman, award-winning artist, illustrator, product designer and chronicler of daily life in New York City. Together they have collaborated to produce clever, witty, whimsical fabrics and digital art for use in contract and residential applications. The evening will focus on their collective and independent collaborations, given their prestigious careers. TICKETS: $50 in Advance / $60 at the Door
92nd Street Y Tribeca | 200 Hudson Street, NYC
4/26: Cocktails 6pm - 6:30pm, Presentation 6:30 - 7:30pm, Reception 8pm - 9pm
• Kips Bay Decorator Show House 18 top designers and architects re-imagine every room in a six-story, 19th Century Renaissance Revival limestone mansion on the Upper West Side.
26 West 76th Street
• BKLYN DESIGNS 2010 Now in its eighth year, BKLYN DESIGNS is New York's premier exhibition of designers and manufacturers of contemporary furnishings and accessories made and/or designed in Brooklyn.
St. Ann's Warehouse | 38 Water Street (between Main Street & Dock Street) DUMBO, Brooklyn
5/7 - 5/9
• Pierre Frey Exhibition On the eve of their 75th anniversary, Pierre Frey celebrates the birth of the company with an exhibition from the company's archives dating from 1935 to 1955.
D&D Building | 979 Third Avenue #1611 New York, New York10022
5/12- 7/20: 8:30am - 5pm
• STRAIGHTFORWARD New Finnish Design A presentation of innovative solutions to matters of everyday life by individual designers and design oriented companies during Meatpacking District Design '10. The event focuses on today's interpretations of the traditional values that made Finnish Design world famous sixty years ago.
5/14 - 5/17
• ICFF 22nd Annual International Contemporary Furniture Fair
Jakob K. Javits Convention Center
5/15 - 5/18
Send it to us. We publish every week: