NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Unison Labor Day Sale All sale items are 60% off. Plus receive free shipping on orders over $150.
• Vermont Woods Studios Dining Furniture Sale The dining furniture buying season has begun. So, Vermont Woods Studios is kicking it off with a buy more, save more dining room furniture sale. Save up to 20% on our real, hardwood furniture made in Vermont (plus free shipping and a lifetime guarantee).
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• West Elm Window Panels + Hardware Sale Save 20% on West Elm window curtains and hardware, plus receive free shipping for all window panels.
• Oeuf Robin Crib Sale at DesignPublic Ever popular Oeuf Robin Crib is available for a limited time for $499.
• Blu Dot + Fab The companies are coming together to create several Blu Dot designed furniture pieces in exclusive custom Fab colors for the first time ever, building a brand-new inventory of products to be sold on Fab.com. The sale products will include special new colors of Strut, Real Good Chair, Cant Desk, and the LilyPad coffee table.
• Jayson Home Fall Upholstery Sale 20% off all upholstered furniture, including all sofas, chairs, beds and ottomans. Includes in stock items and custom orders. Sale includes the new fall line.
• Jensen-Lewis Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on any Comfort Sleeper at this one-a-year event.
• Lightology Overstock Sale Up to 55% off overstock and floor models.
• loll Designs Sale at Clever Tomato Save 15% and get free shipping with the loll Designs Annual September Sale at Clever Tomato.
• YLighting LZF Lamps Sale Save 30% on all Lzf Lamp designs, handmade in Spain using wood veneer.
• CedarWorks Indoor Playsets Sale at My Urban Child 10%-20% off on all CedarWorks indoor Playsets. When it gets cold or rainy outside just bring the party indoors.
• DwellStudio Upholstery SaleModern home and lifestyle brand DwellStudio is hosting a special month-long sale on all upholstered items. All upholstered sofas, chairs, ottomans and gliders will be offered at a 20% discount both online at and at all three store locations.
Online and in stores
• Saatchi Online 100 Curators, 100 Days Discover emerging artists from around the world. Each day at 12am PST, Saatchi will reveal a new collection of 10 works, selected by top curators from the most prestigious museums and galleries.
• Reviewed.com Warehouse Sale Reviewed.com, one of the web's most trusted sources for expert reviews of consumer electronics and home appliances, is holding a sale on name brand appliances, including dishwashers, washer/dryers, TV Refrigerator, and more. Reviewed.com reviews hundreds of products every year, many of which have been purchased directly from the manufactures. Items on sale include, Amana, Fisher Paykel, Frigidaire, GE, Kenmore, Maytag, Miele, Sony, Toshiba and more.
Reviewed.com Warehouse | 86 Joy Street, Unit 7, Somerville, Massachusetts 02143
9/14: 9am - 4pm
9/15: 9am - 1pm
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• WPA Chicago Poltrona Frau Group Sale WPA Chicago is participating in a nationwide Poltrona Frau Group Sale, which includes a 20% discount on all new orders from Poltrona Frau, Cassina and Cappellni; including Quickship items. The Le Corbusier Collection is excluded.
WPA Chicago | 314 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Sawbridge Studios' Idea Tree Exhibit A single local tree, downed during a violent storm which struck Chicago in 2011, lives on in Idea Tree, an inspired exhibit of fresh ideas in furniture and accessories design. The Idea Tree exhibit is organized and sponsored by Sawbridge Studios, in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago and Horigan Urban Forest Products of Skokie. Following a successful 1-month run earlier this summer at Chicago's Inland Steel Building, the entire exhibit now moves to the Chicago Center for Green Technology.
Chicago Center for Green Technology | 445 North Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60612
• Gregory Jacobsen: "Overwhelming Acrid Odor of Potential Paramour" Chicago artist, Gregory Jacobsen will present new paintings and works on paper in his sixth solo show at Zg Gallery. Inspired by the Chicago Imagists and Harry Who, Gregory Jacobsen's paintings explore the fringes of society, shining a spotlight on the beautiful freaks and geeks that populate his world as he seeks to reverse the insider/outsider societal roles to the point that "normal" is no longer the norm.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
Opening Reception: 9/7: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Exhibition: Through 10/13
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Hawkins / Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
Opening Reception: 5/14: 5pm - 8pm
Exhibition: Through 1/5/13
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• Duke & Duke Gallery Featuring Nancy Lorenz Duke & Duke presents the solo exhibition of artist Nancy Lorenz, a presentation of screens, paintings, and designs. Nancy Lorenz is known for her artisan creations which are influenced by Eastern art and translated abstract expressionism. Her use of rich materials and refined compositions create a harmonious balance.
Duke & Duke Gallery | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• Trebor/Nevets' Final Warehouse Sale of the Season Trebor/Nevets is putting together its last warehouse sale of the season! This is your final chance to score coveted items from its filled-to-the-brim offsite warehouse until next year. Items include a mix of custom home furnishings to vintage one-of-a-kind finds, sofas, chairs, tables, lighting, area rugs, pillows, and more. Stop by for pomegranate mimosas and a warehouse-full of great finds for your home, life and style.
Trebor/Nevets | 1350 Daisy Avenue, Long Beach, California, 90813
9/16: 10am - 4pm
• "Enduring Beauty" at Artspace Warehouse "Enduring Beauty" Artist Reception featuring Jessika Cardinahl's colorful and playful paintings of birds inspired by Maya Angelou's "Caged Bird". The artist remarks "The journey of realization is an emotional response to the fabric of life. My technique of expression is truthfully direct. Colours flow, lines delineate, form and shapes blossom out beyond the height and breadth of the paper. To the viewer perhaps an emotional understanding beyond color, shape and stroke evolves. Stimulus and response are my favorite playmates."
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard; Los Angeles, California 90036
Reception: 9/15: 6pm - 8pm
Exhibition: Through 11/2
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Ligne Roset Miami Warehouse Clearance Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount of up to 60% below retail price on floor samples, overstock and discontinued items at the brand's Miami location. Discounted items include the Everywhere bedside table, originally $1,170, now $585; Alster dining chair, originally $1,390, now $699; Ruché sofa, originally $6,290, now $3,145 and many more. This sale is valid only at the Miami Ligne Roset location.
Ligne Roset | 160 NE 40th Street, Miami, Florida 33137
Through 9/16: 10am - 6pm
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• Made in Nashville ade in Nashville is a celebration of all things local with a stage presenting live local music, a beer garden pouring locally brewed ales and Nashville distilled spirits, a pavilion gathering local artists, craftsman, and vendors, and a farmers market hosting the best produce and food goods Middle Tennessee has to offer.
Centennial Park, 2500 West End Avenue, Nashville, Tennessee 37203
9/15: 10am - 6pm
• Infinity and Me Reading at MoMa Design Store In conjunction with the redesign, MoMA will host a series of book signings and readings in the space. Authors will engage children with hands-on events that encourage creativity and active exploration of art and design principles. The first event will be a reading of Infinity and Me by author Kate Hosford. No RSVP required.
MoMa Design Store | 81 Spring Street, New York, New York 10012
9/15: 11am - 12:30pm
• Sferra Fine Linens Sample Sale Prive Designer Sales presents: Sferra Fine Linens Sample Sale. Down comforters, pillows, blankets, sheets, duvet covers, matelassé, throws, decorative pillows, table linens, towels, bathrobes and more.
The Prive at Chelsea Market, 75 Ninth Ave, New York, New York 10011
9/14: 10am - 7pm
9/15: 10am - 7pm
9/16: 10am - 6pm
• Tiger Lily's Home Hamptons Pop Up Tiger Lily's Greenwich is bringing their full-service design studio to the Hamptons for the summer. With 1,500-square-feet of studio space on Highway 27, Tiger Lily's Home will offer beachside sophistication with custom creative ranging from pillows and bedding to furnishings and home accents. The studio boasts signature pieces approved by mother-daughter team, Betsy and Samantha Knapp. From antique to mid-century modern, each piece of furniture has been hand-touched and refinished.
Tiger Lily's Home | 103 Hayground Road, Water Mill, New York 11976
• My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens) Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens), the gallery's second solo exhibition by Marc Séguin. The title, like his latest body of work, is rich with cynicism, melancholia, and sarcastic humor. Unabashedly tackling hot-button issues such as economic disparity, human rights, and environmental exploitation, Séguin's large-scale paintings are deceptively beautiful reflections of the era in which they were produced.
Mike Weiss Gallery | 520 West 24th Street, New York, New York 10011
• ABC Carpet & Home Custom Upholstery Sale ABC Carpet & Home's annual Special Order Sale offers up to 25% off custom upholstery orders on various collections, including Ralph Lauren, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Arper, Barbara Barry and Gus*.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• Smoke and Mirrors at Porter Contemporary Porter Contemporary is pleased to announce Smoke and Mirrors, a solo exhibition of paintings by Jason Bryant. Bryant explores loneliness, vulnerability and frailty through these beautifully photo-realistically rendered film stills coupled with either Bryant's signature skateboard graphics which have become so popular or his pixelated characters.
Porter Contemporary | 548 West 28th street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
Exhibit through 10/20
• Clover Market Over 100 carefully selected vendors with antiques & collectibles, original art, vintage clothing and jewelry, and finely handcrafted items will convene in downtown Ardmore, Pennsylvania at this open-air market. Recently named a "Best Vintage Sale" by Flea Market Style Magazine, Clover is free and open to the public and a popular local event, drawing customers and vendors from all around the region.
Clover Market | 12 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
9/16: 10am - 5pm
10:14: 10am - 5pm
11/4: 10am - 5pm
• San Francisco Living: Home Tours AIA San Francisco and the Center for Architecture + Design is proud to present our 10th annual San Francisco Living: Home Tours. An exclusive opportunity to get an inside look at some of the city's most cutting-edge residential architecture, meet design teams, and discover innovative design solutions, San Francisco Living: Home Tours showcases ten distinctive homes located in various neighborhoods throughout the city. TICKETS
Home Tours Headquarters | The Workshop Residence, 833 22nd Street, San Francisco, California 94107
9/15 - 9/16: 10am - 4pm
• Nantucket Home Comfort Sleeper Sale Don't miss the lowest prices of the year during the National Comfort Sleeper Sale! Can a sleeper be comfortable as a sofa and as a bed? Yes. Not only is the Comfort Sleeper by American Leather the most comfortable sleeper sofa as rated #1 in America, but it is also a space saver. With no bars and no springs, each rest will actually be RESTFUL! Choose between 6 bed sizes (sofa or sectional layout), 13 styles, and over 300 fabric and leather options.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway Street, Chico, California 95928
• 12 Nights of Anniversary Celebration for Ligne Roset San Francisco Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, will celebrate theSan Francisco showroom's 10th anniversary with a 12-night celebration. Ligne Roset will open its doors after hours to the Bay Area community and industry leaders in the areas of design, architecture, technology, politics and sports over four successive weekends. The showroom will transform to an evening craft bar featuring the best mixologist bar team on the West Coast creating one-of-a-kind drinks, featuring music and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Paid parking access will be available.
Ligne Roset | 162 King Street, San Francisco, California 94107
9/13 - 9/15: 7pm - 11pm
9/20 - 9/22: 7pm - 11pm
9/27 - 9/29: 7pm - 11pm
10/4 - 10/6: 7pm - 11pm
• Accent European Floor Model Sale Accent European, an Italian kitchen and bath cabinet store located in downtown Walnut Creek is moving and selling all of its showroom models. Products range between 40-70% off and are from the Italian Karol, Miton and Composit lines. The cabinetry is gorgeous, modern, sleek, smart and environmentally friendly. Appliances where present, are included, as well as countertops, interior drawer accessories, and faucets. Additional coordinating modules can be ordered, also at a greatly reduced cost.
Accent European | 1571 Botelho Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94596
• FLOR Seattle Grand Opening Event Join FLOR for a Grand Opening Event celebrating their newest retail store in the Pike Place Historical Market District. Experience the beauty and flexibility of this premium modular floorcovering system. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
FLOR | 2000 1st Avenue, Seattle, Washington 98121
9/20: 6pm - 8pm
• Creative Classics Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on the American Leather Comfort Sleeper.
Creative Classics | 906 King Street, Alexandra, Virginia 22314
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Clockwise from top left: DwellStudio Upholstery Sale, West Elm Window Panels + Hardware Sale, loll Designs Sale at Clever Tomato, FLOR Seattle Grand Opening)