Pedro Friedeberg Hand Foot Bench at Wright Contemporary
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• West Elm Window Panels + Hardware Sale Save 20% on West Elm window curtains and hardware, plus receive free shipping for all window panels.
• AllModern Exclusive Rug Event Save up to 40% on designer rugs by Gandia Blasco, Nanimarquina, nuLOOM, DwellStudio, Malene B, Miliken, Linie Design and more.
• Oeuf Robin Crib Sale at DesignPublic Ever popular Oeuf Robin Crib is available for a limited time for $499.
• Blu Dot + Fab The companies are coming together to create several Blu Dot designed furniture pieces in exclusive custom Fab colors for the first time ever, building a brand-new inventory of products to be sold on Fab.com. The sale products will include special new colors of Strut, Real Good Chair, Cant Desk, and the LilyPad coffee table.
• Jayson Home Fall Upholstery Sale 20% off all upholstered furniture, including all sofas, chairs, beds and ottomans. Includes in stock items and custom orders. Sale includes the new fall line.
• Jensen-Lewis Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on any Comfort Sleeper at this one-a-year event.
• Lightology Overstock Sale Up to 55% off overstock and floor models.
• loll Designs Sale at Clever Tomato Save 15% and get free shipping with the loll Designs Annual September Sale at Clever Tomato.
• YLighting LZF Lamps Sale Save 30% on all Lzf Lamp designs, handmade in Spain using wood veneer.
• Design Public/Loll Designs September Sale 15% off ALL Loll products plus free shipping.
• CedarWorks Indoor Playsets Sale at My Urban Child 10%-20% off on all CedarWorks indoor Playsets. When it gets cold or rainy outside just bring the party indoors.
• DwellStudio Upholstery SaleModern home and lifestyle brand DwellStudio is hosting a special month-long sale on all upholstered items. All upholstered sofas, chairs, ottomans and gliders will be offered at a 20% discount both online at and at all three store locations.
Online and in stores
• Saatchi Online 100 Curators, 100 Days Discover emerging artists from around the world. Each day at 12am PST, Saatchi will reveal a new collection of 10 works, selected by top curators from the most prestigious museums and galleries.
• Greentea Design's Kitchen and Bath Sale Save up to 20% on stunning Asian-inspired kitchen and bath cabinetry.
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• Niedermaier Showroom Sample Sale Take this opportunity to pick up some of Niedermaier's samples at a discount price.
Niedermaier | 1700 North Throop Street, Chicago, Illinois 60642
9/21 - 9/22: 9am - 5pm
• Expo Chicago Expo Chicago invites the international art community to experience a new contemporary art event. Showcasing 120 of the top contemporary and modern art galleries from across the globe in Navy Pier's expansive Festival Hall, Expo Chicago is poised to redefine the Midwest art experience for all.
Navy Pier | 600 East Grand Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60611
9/21: 11am - 7pm
9/22: 11am - 7pm
9/23: 12pm - 6pm
• WPA Chicago Poltrona Frau Group Sale WPA Chicago is participating in a nationwide Poltrona Frau Group Sale, which includes a 20% discount on all new orders from Poltrona Frau, Cassina and Cappellni; including Quickship items. The Le Corbusier Collection is excluded.
WPA Chicago | 314 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
• Wright Living Contemporary Auction Wright's Living Contemporary auction is one of the most anticipated of the year. This sale presents a unique mix of art and design from the 20th and 21st centuries. Highlights of the auction include a Dandelion sculpture by Harry Bertoia, a painting by Roger Brown and a chandelier by Carlo Scarpa. Living Contemporary also showcases designs by Paul Evans, Phillip Lloyd Powell, Osvaldo Borsani, Ron Arad and Gabrielle Crespi alongside artworks by Josef Albers, Ed Paschke, Ellsworth Kelly, Jack Youngerman and Luis Tomasello.
Wright | 1440 West Hubbard Street, Chicago, Illinois 60642
Preview: 9/20 - 9/26: 10am - 5pm
Auction: 9/27: 12pm
• Sawbridge Studios' Idea Tree Exhibit A single local tree, downed during a violent storm which struck Chicago in 2011, lives on in Idea Tree, an inspired exhibit of fresh ideas in furniture and accessories design. The Idea Tree exhibit is organized and sponsored by Sawbridge Studios, in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago and Horigan Urban Forest Products of Skokie. Following a successful 1-month run earlier this summer at Chicago's Inland Steel Building, the entire exhibit now moves to the Chicago Center for Green Technology.
Chicago Center for Green Technology | 445 North Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60612
• Gregory Jacobsen: "Overwhelming Acrid Odor of Potential Paramour" Chicago artist, Gregory Jacobsen will present new paintings and works on paper in his sixth solo show at Zg Gallery. Inspired by the Chicago Imagists and Harry Who, Gregory Jacobsen's paintings explore the fringes of society, shining a spotlight on the beautiful freaks and geeks that populate his world as he seeks to reverse the insider/outsider societal roles to the point that "normal" is no longer the norm.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
Opening Reception: 9/7: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Exhibition: Through 10/13
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• Hawkins/Hawkins: One Saw Everything, One Saw Nothing This exhibition brings together two masters of self-taught art who share a name and a talent for using simple materials to create compelling images: William Hawkins and Hawkins Bolden. The creations of these two artists, one possessing a keen sense of touch and the other a unique vision of the world around him, have a powerful impact when viewed side by side in this exhibition.
Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art | 756 North Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60642
• She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II The Pritzker Military Library is pleased to announce its latest exhibit, She's a WOW: Women's Service Organizations in World War II, a retrospective that celebrates women and the critical role they played in the Allied victory of World War II. The exhibit gives credence to accomplishments during the war period and addresses a little known chapter of the conflict - a historical omission that the Pritzker Military Library hopes to correct. Curated by the librarians and collections staff, the multimedia exhibit includes prints, recruiting posters, photographs, and other media – and allows women who served their country to share stories in their own words, with printed first-person accounts and an audio tour featuring the voices of the women themselves.
Pritzker Military Library | 104 South Michigan Avenue, Chicago, Illinois 60603
Through April 2013
• "Enduring Beauty" at Artspace Warehouse "Enduring Beauty" Artist Reception featuring Jessika Cardinahl's colorful and playful paintings of birds inspired by Maya Angelou's "Caged Bird". The artist remarks "The journey of realization is an emotional response to the fabric of life. My technique of expression is truthfully direct. Colours flow, lines delineate, form and shapes blossom out beyond the height and breadth of the paper. To the viewer perhaps an emotional understanding beyond color, shape and stroke evolves. Stimulus and response are my favorite playmates."
Artspace Warehouse | 7354 Beverly Boulevard; Los Angeles, California 90036
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• Westbeth Music Festival & West Village Craftacular For this fall Astoria Market will be joining the Westbeth 6th Annual Music Festival to debut the West Village Craftacular. The Westbeth Artists Complex occupies the entire block bounded by West, Bank, Washington, and Bethune Streets in the trendy West Village. This fun weekend will feature an eclectic mix of music genres, food trucks, and fabulous NYC-based vendors. The West Village Craftacular will be located within the Inner Courtyard of Westbeth which has direct access from West, Bank, and Bethune Streets.
Westbeth Home To The Arts | 55 Bethune Street, New York, New York 10014
9/22 - 9/23: 12pm - 6pm
• Juliska Annual Warehouse Sale This year Juliska's annual warehouse sale is moving under a big top tent and is not to be missed with huge new deliveries and prices like never before - 50%-75% off everything! Juliska's 5,000 square foot tent will be filled with second quality and retired Juliska ceramics, glass, lighting, linens and more -and as an extra bonus, fabulous home and women's accessories from luxury brands you know and love will also be for sale.
Juliska | 465 Canal Street, Stamford, Connecticut 06902
9/22 - 9/30
• The Society of MSKCC's Thrift Shop Fall Furnishings Event The Society of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center's Thrift Shop is preparing to host its FIRST EVER Fall Furnishings Event. This inaugural event is made even more special with one of New York's most sought-after interior designers, Jonathan Rosen, who will be donating his time and talents to give the shop an updated and modern transformation through donated materials like paint, light fixtures, curtains and more.
The Society of MSKCC Thrift Shop | 1440 Third Avenue, New York, New York 10028
9/21 - 9/23
• Tiger Lily's Home Hamptons Pop Up Tiger Lily's Greenwich is bringing their full-service design studio to the Hamptons for the summer. With 1,500-square-feet of studio space on Highway 27, Tiger Lily's Home will offer beachside sophistication with custom creative ranging from pillows and bedding to furnishings and home accents. The studio boasts signature pieces approved by mother-daughter team, Betsy and Samantha Knapp. From antique to mid-century modern, each piece of furniture has been hand-touched and refinished.
Tiger Lily's Home | 103 Hayground Road, Water Mill, New York 11976
• My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens) Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens), the gallery's second solo exhibition by Marc Séguin. The title, like his latest body of work, is rich with cynicism, melancholia, and sarcastic humor. Unabashedly tackling hot-button issues such as economic disparity, human rights, and environmental exploitation, Séguin's large-scale paintings are deceptively beautiful reflections of the era in which they were produced.
Mike Weiss Gallery | 520 West 24th Street, New York, New York 10011
• ABC Carpet & Home Custom Upholstery Sale ABC Carpet & Home's annual Special Order Sale offers up to 25% off custom upholstery orders on various collections, including Ralph Lauren, Dwell, Cobble Hill, Arper, Barbara Barry and Gus*.
ABC Carpet & Home | 888 Broadway, New York, New York 10003
• Smoke and Mirrors at Porter Contemporary Porter Contemporary is pleased to announce Smoke and Mirrors, a solo exhibition of paintings by Jason Bryant. Bryant explores loneliness, vulnerability and frailty through these beautifully photo-realistically rendered film stills coupled with either Bryant's signature skateboard graphics which have become so popular or his pixelated characters.
Porter Contemporary | 548 West 28th street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
Exhibit through 10/20
• Circa Dee: Harvest Party Circa Dee monthly vintage pop up sales continue at their Brick & Mortar! This month's theme is a Harvest Party with an emphasis on vintage farmhouse style and the abundance that nature has to offer this time of year.
Circa Dee | 1814 Valley Forge Road, Norristown, Pennsylvania 19403
9/22 - 9/23: 10am - 5pm
• Clover Market Over 100 carefully selected vendors with antiques & collectibles, original art, vintage clothing and jewelry, and finely handcrafted items will convene in downtown Ardmore, Pennsylvania at this open-air market. Recently named a "Best Vintage Sale" by Flea Market Style Magazine, Clover is free and open to the public and a popular local event, drawing customers and vendors from all around the region.
Clover Market | 12 East Lancaster Avenue, Ardmore, Pennsylvania 19003
10:14: 10am - 5pm
11/4: 10am - 5pm
• Digs "Please Make It Go Away" Sale For one day only everything is 50% off.
Digs Inside & Out | 1829 NE Alberta Street, Portland, Oregon 97211
9/22: 11am - 6pm
• "People in Glass Houses: The Legacy of Joseph Eichler" Film Screening Debut "People in Glass Houses: The Legacy of Joseph Eichler" by Realtor Monique Lombardelli commemorates the 50th anniversary since developer Joseph Eichler created the Upper Lucas Valley Eichler community. The 45-min film is dedicated to the Bay Area and its Eichler communities. Monique Lombardelli will give a Q&A, moderated by sfexaminer.com Architecture Critic George Calys, after the screening. Watch a trailer for the film on YouTube.
Screening Location | 1201 Idyllberry Road, San Rafael, California 94903
9/21: 6pm - 8pm
• FLOR Palo Alto Grand Opening Event Join FLOR for the Grand Opening Event celebrating their newest retail store in California. Experience the beauty and flexibility of this premium modular floorcovering system. Designed for real life, FLOR squares let you replace squares, not rooms, and are an environmentally-responsible choice for modern lifestyles. FLOR is simply smart design, squared. Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres will be served.
FLOR | 317 University Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94301
9/27: 6pm - 8pm
• Nantucket Home Comfort Sleeper Sale Don't miss the lowest prices of the year during the National Comfort Sleeper Sale! Can a sleeper be comfortable as a sofa and as a bed? Yes. Not only is the Comfort Sleeper by American Leather the most comfortable sleeper sofa as rated #1 in America, but it is also a space saver. With no bars and no springs, each rest will actually be RESTFUL! Choose between 6 bed sizes (sofa or sectional layout), 13 styles, and over 300 fabric and leather options.
Nantucket Home | 603 Broadway Street, Chico, California 95928
• 12 Nights of Anniversary Celebration for Ligne Roset San Francisco Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, will celebrate theSan Francisco showroom's 10th anniversary with a 12-night celebration. Ligne Roset will open its doors after hours to the Bay Area community and industry leaders in the areas of design, architecture, technology, politics and sports over four successive weekends. The showroom will transform to an evening craft bar featuring the best mixologist bar team on the West Coast creating one-of-a-kind drinks, featuring music and complimentary hors d'oeuvres. Paid parking access will be available.
Ligne Roset | 162 King Street, San Francisco, California 94107
9/20 - 9/22: 7pm - 11pm
9/27 - 9/29: 7pm - 11pm
10/4 - 10/6: 7pm - 11pm
• Accent European Floor Model Sale Accent European, an Italian kitchen and bath cabinet store located in downtown Walnut Creek is moving and selling all of its showroom models. Products range between 40-70% off and are from the Italian Karol, Miton and Composit lines. The cabinetry is gorgeous, modern, sleek, smart and environmentally friendly. Appliances where present, are included, as well as countertops, interior drawer accessories, and faucets. Additional coordinating modules can be ordered, also at a greatly reduced cost.
Accent European | 1571 Botelho Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94596
• Creative Classics Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on the American Leather Comfort Sleeper.
Creative Classics | 906 King Street, Alexandra, Virginia 22314
• The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art Just as the brands of today strive to do--from political candidates to consumer products--the Ottoman Empire represented itself at home and abroad through a single, instantly recognizable visual aesthetic. This exhibition at The Textile Museum chronicles how one of the world's most powerful empires adopted a singular artistic style and how that style gained lasting influence in the region.
The Textile Museum | 2320 S Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20008
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Armadillo Small Suspension Light at YLighting, Rug shown at The Sultan's Garden: The Blossoming of Ottoman Art, Nico Club Chair at Jayson Home, Pedro Friedeberg Hand Foot Bench at Wright Contemporary)