midcenturyLA Semi Annual Parking Lot Sale
NATIONAL & ONLINE
• AllModern Emeco Sale Save 15% on all Emeco designs.
• Exclusive Emeco Sale at AllModern Save 15% on all Emeco designs, exclusively at AllModern.
• Unison Labor Day Sale All sale items are 60% off. Plus receive free shipping on orders over $150.
• Cuddledown Annual Pillow Sale Check out this annual pillow sale and buy more to save more. 20% off 1 pillow, 25% off 2 pillows, 30% off 3 or more.
• Oeuf Robin Crib Sale at DesignPublic Ever popular Oeuf Robin Crib is available for a limited time for $499.
• Blu Dot + Fab The companies are coming together to create several Blu Dot designed furniture pieces in exclusive custom Fab colors for the first time ever, building a brand-new inventory of products to be sold on Fab.com. The sale products will include special new colors of Strut, Real Good Chair, Cant Desk, and the LilyPad coffee table.
• Jayson Home Fall Upholstery Sale 20% off all upholstered furniture, including all sofas, chairs, beds and ottomans. Includes in stock items and custom orders. Sale includes the new fall line.
• Jensen-Lewis Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on any Comfort Sleeper at this one-a-year event.
• YLighting LZF Lamps Sale Save 30% on all Lzf Lamp designs, handmade in Spain using wood veneer.
• CedarWorks Indoor Playsets Sale at My Urban Child 10%-20% off on all CedarWorks indoor Playsets. When it gets cold or rainy outside just bring the party indoors.
• Saatchi Online 100 Curators, 100 Days Discover emerging artists from around the world. Each day at 12am PST, Saatchi will reveal a new collection of 10 works, selected by top curators from the most prestigious museums and galleries.
• Kartell Boston Moving Sale All products on display are 70% off, including favorites such as the Louis Ghost chair by Philippe Starck, the Audrey chair by Piero Lissoni, Moschino Bow Wow ballet flats and more.
Kartell | 10 Saint James Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02116
• The Davis Flea An open-air market featuring vendors of vintage, antique, repurposed wares and produce all situated in the heart of Davis Square.
The Davis Flea | 52 Holland Street, Somerville, Massachusetts 02144
Every Sunday through 10/28
• Furniture Sample Sale at the Design Center Get a head start on updating your home at the Design Center's Sample Sale, which opens its doors to the public. Find beautiful pieces from the top names in furniture, outdoor, area rugs, fabrics, accessories, lighting and more--at savings up to 75%.
Merchandise Mart | 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Floors 6, 15 - 18, Chicago, Illinois 60654
9/7: 9am - 5pm
9/8 - 9/9: 10am - 3pm
• Renegade Craft Fair Renegade Craft Fair returns for its 10th Annual Renegade Craft Fair in Chicago. Expect to find a wide variety of incredible handmade goods at the Fair - ranging from jewelry, clothing, ceramics and stationery, to bath products, posters, housewares, DIY kits, and more. Plus, local vintage gurus from The Vintage Bazaar will host a pop-up vintage market at Renegade.
Renegade Craft Fair | Division Street, Wicker Park, Chicago, Illinois
9/8 - 9/9: 11am - 7pm
• WPA Chicago Poltrona Frau Group Sale WPA Chicago is participating in a nationwide Poltrona Frau Group Sale, which includes a 20% discount on all new orders from Poltrona Frau, Cassina and Cappellni; including Quickship items. The Le Corbusier Collection is excluded.
WPA Chicago | 314 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
9/10 - 9/24
• Sawbridge Studios' Idea Tree Exhibit A single local tree, downed during a violent storm which struck Chicago in 2011, lives on in Idea Tree, an inspired exhibit of fresh ideas in furniture and accessories design. The Idea Tree exhibit is organized and sponsored by Sawbridge Studios, in collaboration with Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT), Chicago and Horigan Urban Forest Products of Skokie. Following a successful 1-month run earlier this summer at Chicago's Inland Steel Building, the entire exhibit now moves to the Chicago Center for Green Technology.
Chicago Center for Green Technology | 445 North Sacramento Boulevard, Chicago, Illinois 60612
• Gregory Jacobsen: "Overwhelming Acrid Odor of Potential Paramour" Chicago artist, Gregory Jacobsen will present new paintings and works on paper in his sixth solo show at Zg Gallery. Inspired by the Chicago Imagists and Harry Who, Gregory Jacobsen's paintings explore the fringes of society, shining a spotlight on the beautiful freaks and geeks that populate his world as he seeks to reverse the insider/outsider societal roles to the point that "normal" is no longer the norm.
Zg Gallery | 300 West Superior Street, Chicago, Illinois 60654
Opening Reception: 9/7: 5:30pm - 7:30pm
Exhibition: Through 10/13
• Vintage Garage Chicago With space for at least 100 dealers, Vintage Garage Chicago is the city's newest venue for buying and selling vintage and antique merchandise.
Vintage Garage Chicago | 5051 North Broadway, Chicago, Illinois 60640
9/16: 9am - 4pm
10/21: 9am - 4pm
• midcenturyLA Semi Annual Parking Lot Sale Every item in the parking lot sale is discounted up to 50% off. All parking lot pieces will be heavily discounted, so its a great time to drop by. Sale items will include sideboards, desks, dining tables, dining chairs, coffee tables, nesting tables, sofas, lounge chairs and more.
midcenturyLA | 5333 Cahuenga Boulevard, North Hollywood, California 91601
9/8 - 9/9: 10am - 5pm
• Duke & Duke Gallery Featuring Nancy Lorenz Duke & Duke presents the solo exhibition of artist Nancy Lorenz, a presentation of screens, paintings, and designs. Nancy Lorenz is known for her artisan creations which are influenced by Eastern art and translated abstract expressionism. Her use of rich materials and refined compositions create a harmonious balance.
Duke & Duke Gallery | 8527 Melrose Avenue, West Hollywood, California 90069
• California's Designing Women, 1896-1986 The Autry National Center presents California's Designing Women, 1896-1986, an unprecedented exhibition that honors forty-six women designers and includes more than 200 examples of textiles, ceramics, furniture, lighting, jewelry, clothing, and graphics. These functional and decorative objects--from Arts and Crafts to Art Deco to Mid-century Modern and beyond--exemplify California's national and international reputation for unrestrained creativity.
Autry National Center | 4700 Western Heritage Way, Los Angeles, California 90027
• Ligne Roset Miami Warehouse Clearance Sale Ligne Roset, the renowned French furniture and lifestyle brand, is offering a discount of up to 60% below retail price on floor samples, overstock and discontinued items at the brand's Miami location. Discounted items include the Everywhere bedside table, originally $1,170, now $585; Alster dining chair, originally $1,390, now $699; Ruché sofa, originally $6,290, now $3,145 and many more. This sale is valid only at the Miami Ligne Roset location.
Ligne Roset | 160 NE 40th Street, Miami, Florida 33137
9/8 - 9/16: 10am - 6pm
• Artemide Moving Sale Iconic lighting fixtures are up to 90% off.
Artemide | 277 Giralda Avenue, Coral Gables, Florida 33134
• ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Outlet Summer Sale Just in time for fall, ABC Carpet & Home's annual Bronx Outlet Sale is here. This exciting event marks the reinvention of the Bronx location, including the introduction of many new products and the redesign of the store's interior. The sale includes up to 75% off furniture, rugs, lighting, linens, accessories and more. Theodore Alexander, Ralph Lauren and EJ Victor are all marked down by up to 50%, and Calvin Klein up to 60%. ABC Carpet & Home Bronx Warehouse Outlet | 1055 Bronx River Avenue, Bronx, New York 10472 Through 9/8
• B&B Italia & Maxalto Warehouse Sale Up to 80% off B&B Italia & Maxalto products.
B&B Italia & Maxalto Warehouse Sale | The Altman Building 135 West 18th Street, New York
9/7 - 9/10, 10am - 6pm
• Tiger Lily's Home Hamptons Pop Up Tiger Lily's Greenwich is bringing their full-service design studio to the Hamptons for the summer. With 1,500-square-feet of studio space on Highway 27, Tiger Lily's Home will offer beachside sophistication with custom creative ranging from pillows and bedding to furnishings and home accents. The studio boasts signature pieces approved by mother-daughter team, Betsy and Samantha Knapp. From antique to mid-century modern, each piece of furniture has been hand-touched and refinished.
Tiger Lily's Home | 103 Hayground Road, Water Mill, New York 11976
• My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens) Mike Weiss Gallery is pleased to present My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens), the gallery's second solo exhibition by Marc Séguin. The title, like his latest body of work, is rich with cynicism, melancholia, and sarcastic humor. Unabashedly tackling hot-button issues such as economic disparity, human rights, and environmental exploitation, Séguin's large-scale paintings are deceptively beautiful reflections of the era in which they were produced.
Mike Weiss Gallery | 520 West 24th Street, New York, New York 10011
• Smoke and Mirrors at Porter Contemporary Porter Contemporary is pleased to announce Smoke and Mirrors, a solo exhibition of paintings by Jason Bryant. Bryant explores loneliness, vulnerability and frailty through these beautifully photo-realistically rendered film stills coupled with either Bryant's signature skateboard graphics which have become so popular or his pixelated characters.
Porter Contemporary | 548 West 28th street, 3rd Floor, New York, New York 10001
Exhibit through 10/20
• Accent European Floor Model Sale Accent European, an Italian kitchen and bath cabinet store located in downtown Walnut Creek is moving and selling all of its showroom models. Products range between 40-70% off and are from the Italian Karol, Miton and Composit lines. The cabinetry is gorgeous, modern, sleek, smart and environmentally friendly. Appliances where present, are included, as well as countertops, interior drawer accessories, and faucets. Additional coordinating modules can be ordered, also at a greatly reduced cost.
Accent European | 1571 Botelho Drive, Walnut Creek, California 94596
• Creative Classics Comfort Sleeper Sale Save $300 on the American Leather Comfort Sleeper.
Creative Classics | 906 King Street, Alexandra, Virginia 22314
• Washington Design Center Dream Home The Washington Design Center is throwing open the doors to the 2012 DreamHome themed Design Craft. Celebrating the next generation of design in Washington, D.C., eight emerging interior designers have been selected to create rooms inspired by the works featured in the exhibition "40 Under 40: Craft Futures," opening this summer at the Renwick Gallery.
Washington Design Center | 300 D Street SW, Washington, DC 20024
Send it to us. We publish every week:
(Images: Clockwise from top left: My Century (An Illustrated Guide for Aliens), AllModern Emeco Sale, Gregory Jacobsen: "Overwhelming Acrid Odor of Potential Paramour", midcenturyLA Semi Annual Parking Lot Sale)