If you're looking for a way to step up your table-setting game this year, why not try your hand at one of these clever, folded napkin designs? Whether your table setting is formal or casual, here are five distinct ways to create a unique and chic place setting sure to impress your guests.
1. Lotus Napkin - Sometimes referred to as the water lily or artichoke, resembles the paper fortune teller we used to make as kids. The napkin can also be used to enclose a flower or favor and works best for a formal setting. Via Martha Stewart.
2. Fleur-de-lis - French for flower of the lily, a fleur-de-lis is used as a decorative design or symbol. This origami-like way to fold a napkin is most suitable for the formal table-setting and uses a napkin ring to secure the fold at the base. Via Delish.
3. Envelope - The envelope design is one of the easiest to do and is also convenient for when you want to keep your folded napkins together in a stack. For an added bonus, the envelope flap can fold open to reveal a note or place card. Via Dear Emmeline.
4. Triple Pocket Fold - This napkin design does exactly what it says it does. It creates three little pockets to tuck flatware into for an elegant appearance. This design works best with a 20" square napkin, that once finished, should be be gently pressed with an iron. Via Between Naps on the Porch.
5. Handkerchief Fold - Equally at home in a traditionally formal tablescape or a mid-century modern setting thanks to its structured shape. It also can be used to hold a place card. Via Ones King Lane.
While this isn't exactly a tricky napkin design, I love the Bread-and-Butter Note (shown above), for dressing up the kids' table. Write a sweet note or why you're thankful for each person and slip it into the knot! Via Real Simple.