Eric and Gloria Sundback won the 2009 National Christmas Tree Association's national Christmas Tree contest. The last time their tree was selected for the White House was in 1987 for President Reagan. The tree will be presented to First Lady Michelle Obama in November for the Blue Room.
Shown in the images:
• Coast Guard Admiral Stephen Rochon, chief usher at the White House, and Dale Haney, superintendent of the White House grounds, inspect a-19 foot Douglas Fir in Shepherdstown, West Virginia
• tree farmer Eric Sundback helping the White House staff pick their Christmas Tree.
• President Ronald Reagan and First Lady Nancy Reagan in front of the 1987 White House Christmas Tree, which also came from Eric and Gloria Sundback
Have you started your holiday shopping and decorating?
MORE ON THE WHITE HOUSE CHRISTMAS TREE:
• Christmas tree farm refills tall order for White House; W.Va. farmers to supply their fourth official Christmas tree from The Washington Post
• White House Christmas Tree: 2009 from Christmastree.org
(Images: Ricky Carioti)