cross-country road trip, the Woody Teardrop brings back the classic design in a modern handcrafted wood and aluminum finish, filled with storage compartments and adorned by vintage details. Built on a standard 4' x 8' platform, Silver Tears's Woodie Teardrop maintains only 32 square feet of base to work with but packs in an impressive amount of features for comfort, style and function. The body of the trailer consists primarily of mahogany plywood and solid ash wood, protected by aluminum room complete with rain gutters. The main cabin holds a 47" x 72" bed (Just shy of a Full Mattress, 54" x 75") while the rear of the trailer opens up into a galley and additional storage. The Galley features custom interior cabinetry with inset doors made from olive ash veneers and solid mahogany hardwood. Further galley features include a curly hard maple countertop with rosewood and cherry inlay, a stainless steel ice box with drain for food and beverage, and a stainless faucet connected to a seven-gallon fresh water tank with on-demand water pump.
Lighting is plentiful throughout the trailer with vintage-styled '39 Ford teardrop LED tail lights, exterior lighting on both sides of the cabin, low voltage recessed Zenon lighting in the main sleeping compartment, and overhead halogen lighting in the galley. Despite all these features, the trailer weighs in at just 910 pounds (For reference, my 1997 Subaru Outback is capable of towing around 2,000 pounds). Additional trailer features include:
- Composite 20 lb. propane cylinder (see-through, clearly see propane level)
- Optional ZODI high volume hot water shower system (portable)
- Keyed door locks with interior locking ability
- A lighted three-circuit fuse panel with battery tester and 12-volt power outlet
- Hidden hatch under cushions for storage and to secure port-a-potty
- Fantastic Fan 7000 Series low profile roof vent with temperature control, 3 speeds, reversible, and automated rain sensors to close when it gets wet
The Inside Man is our guide to interior style for guys. All summer long we'll be sharing inspirations, ideas and projects. Check out our Inside Man page for more details.