I had no idea that my little kitchen overhaul would yield such a response, ranging from "awful" to "amazeballs." Thanks for all the great comments, both good and bad. By the way, the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Dr. Kevorkian, and stem cell research combined have nothing on the "brass knobs with stainless appliances" debate. I'm not sure which issue will take longer to resolve.
And that brings us to the bathroom. I really wish there was some blue lava lamp or a sharkskin bath mat laying around for you to comment on. As with the kitchen, I hope to have this room decorated soon. For now, it's usable and I'm happy. I'm even happier to be home, sleeping in my own bed and playing with my pup.
- Vanity: Akurum Cabinets / Doors; $299 from Ikea
- Countertops: Carrara Marble; $466 from from Cutting Edge Granite (discount TBD)
- Bathtub: American Standard; $315 from Home Depot
- Shower Trim: Moen, $131 from Home Depot
- Sink: Decolav; $86 from Home Depot
- Faucet: Grohe; $99 from Amazon
- Floor Tile: Urban Anthracite Tile; $70 from Floor & Decor Outlet
- Shower Tile: Marble Subway Tile; $402 from Floor & Decor Outlet
- Cabinet Knobs: Ribbed Bone Knobs; $18.93 from Anthropologie
- Toilet: Toto Eco Drake w/ Seat; $240 from SUPPLY.com
- Mirror: Who Knows?; $20 from Craigslist
(Images: Dabney Frake)