It's done! Pretty much. After two months, numerous posts, and mind-numbing details about this project, I hope you're as excited as I am to see the end result. I'll be rolling out reveals of the kitchen and bathrooms over the next week or so, as individual rooms get photo ready.
And then, who knows, maybe I'll do a series on "Decorating The Condo Formerly Known As The World's Ugliest." But first, as promised, here's the final cost for the renovation. These are general line items; I'll break down individual room resources and prices in each reveal.
Hardwood Flooring: $4,762
Tile & Stone:$3,807
* I haven't added up the travel expenditures yet, but they include a plane ticket, rental car for two weeks, tolls, gas and food. I believe I'm hovering right around the $34K mark, which was my original estimate. Luckily I had a place to stay for free the entire time I was here; that would have been a huge budget buster. Official thanks also go out to my mom, she of clown car Prius fame, who selflessly lent me use of her vehicle.
PREVIOUSLY ON THE WORLD'S UGLIEST CONDO:
• Introducing the World's Ugliest Condo
• The World's Ugliest Condo: Scope of Work & Budget
• The World's Ugliest Condo: Finding That Special Contractor
• The World's Ugliest Condo: A Glimpse of What's To Come
• The World's Ugliest Condo: My Ballad of Renovation Woes
• The World's Ugliest Condo: Now We're Cooking
• The World's Ugliest Condo: And Then There Were(n't) Countertops
• The World's Ugliest Condo: The Final Stretch
(Images: Dabney Frake)