As typing and texting continue to dominate everyday communication, elegant handwriting is becoming a lost art. Luckily, even if you don't receive gorgeously handwritten letters, you don't have to go without. From towels to blankets to salt shakers, designers are celebrating the written word with simple, clever home goods.
These accessories range from a more traditional, French-inscribed rug to a cheeky pillow, but they all have one thing in common — scripted, cursive lettering. It's a unique way to add pattern to your home, especially if you shy away from busy patterns or colors.
1. A witty, fun blanket from Donna Wilson, about $85.
2. Salt and pepper shakers perfect for everyday use, $14.50 at Kngo's Etsy's shop.
3. A stylish, oversized beach towel by artist Tracey Emin. Art Production Fund towel, $95 at Grey Area.
4. This pillow is sure to elicit comments and a few laughs. $28 at Buffalo Lovely's Etsy Shop.
5. A neutral-toned rug based on the work of 17th century French writer Jean de La Fontaine. $43-$560 at Ballard Designs.
Image Credits: As linked above