In 2009, we saw designers dip their brushes in brighter and bolder colors and turn to our walls, as trends that had been growing for a couple of years yielded a bumper crop. From graffiti to wall stickers to exuberant wallpaper, our walls were the canvas of choice. Here are 30 creative wall-decorating options.
The reign of beige has come and gone, as Mark Chamberlain wrote in his post, "A Decade of Color," and we are now in an era of "full-on style." (I.e., keep your eye on Kelly Wearstler.) What better place to show off your daring style than your walls?
CHALKBOARD PAINT AND STICKERS
• 1 How To: Paint Over a Chalkboard Wall (If you regret your chalkboard paint and think it's on it's way out. If you love it, read on.)
• 5 Survey: Have You Used Colored Chalkboard Paint? (Includes three sources for chalkboard paint.)
• 6 Look! Fabric on Walls
• 8 Christina's Graffiti Living Room
• 10 How To: Paint Your Own Mural
• 13 Wall Art With Thumbtacks and Paper Doilies
• 17 Trending: Innovative Wallpaper Designs
• 21 The Wallpaper Collective (High-end wallpaper for consumers.)
• 25 Gecko Decorative Stickers