The kitchen is more than just a place to prepare food — it's the heart of the home, a place place to make a quick cocktail after a long day at work, a place where friends and family gather together to enjoy cooking and eating. From the tiny, rustic kitchen of a 127-square-foot Colorado house to the spacious kitchen of a Hollywood home, here are some of the kitchens that inspired us most this year.
1. Jeannette's Journey Through Time & Place
2. Shannon's Soothing Mix of Styles
3. Jessica & Jonathan's 'Like-Eich' Ranch
4. A Look Inside the Home of Lighting Designer Marjorie Skouras
5. Sarah & Matt's Expertly Styled Home
6. Brian & Kerry's Brewery Loft
7. Chelsea & Alex's Balanced Style Blend
8. Christi's Creative & Crafty Austin Apartment
9. Knoxy Knox's Inviting, Modern Home
10. The Wills' Anything but Ordinary Home
11. Annette + Gustavo's 100 Year old Hollywood Craftsman Home
12. Christopher & Merete's Truly Tiny Home on the Range
13. Isabel & Claire's Globetrotting Apartment
14. Nadia's "Our House is Very Very Very Fine House"
15. Tommy & Todd's Bohemian Chic Collection
Welcome to Apartment Therapy's Best of 2012 roundup! From December 19 through January 1 we are rounding up our favorite (and your favorite) posts from the past year.
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)