The White Queen from Lewis Carroll's Through the Looking-Glass tried to convince Alice that she should practice believing the impossible. "Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast," the Queen reported. These items may not be "impossible," but they're certainly imaginative, and they might help you jump-start the day with a bit of creativity.
1. Pride and Prejudice clutch purse, Chick Lit Designs on Etsy, $155
2. "Marble" ceramic plate, H&M Home, $6.95
2. "Handsoap" shaped like doll hands, Imaginary Animal, $16 for a set of 8
4. Walther table lamp, Lex Mod, $99
5. Bamboo bread slicer, Urban Outfitters, $16
6. Tassel trace trompe l'oeil curtain, Anthropologie, from $79.95
7. Martha Stewart Living faux bois rug, Home Decorators, from $36
8. Trompe l'oeil floor mat, Urban Outfitters, $159
9. Faux fur "pelt," Luv Warrior on Etsy, $78
10. And for a truly imaginative experience, check out these 100-square-foot "mixed reality living spaces," as featured on Design Milk.
(Image credits: Chick Lit Designs; H&M; Imaginary Animal; Lex Mod; Urban Outfitters; Anthropologie; Home Decorators; Urban Outfitters; Luv Warrior; Design Milk)