Thank you to everyone who has been following along with my Nesting a Nursery project - it's been great to hear from you all! The project is almost complete, but one DIY still remains...a mobile to hang above our baby's crib. I've been collecting inspiration for months, and now it's time to choose from my four favorites. Head below for details on each of the projects and then vote for which one you
think I should DIY.
Paint Stick Mobile: I adore every project Dana over at House*Tweaking undertakes. She has great style and is incredibly resourceful, so ever since she mentioned her DIY mobile project a week ago, I've been anticipating the neat piece she'd design. So, it's not surprising that her easy-to-assemble DIY Paint Stick Mobile has shot to the top of my favorites list.
Pinwheel Mobile: This is absolutely adorable, don't you think? What I love most about this piece is its versatility. Incorporate black and whites for your newborn then update it later with fun color. Britt from Gus and Lula was gifted a Ten Photo Mobile, the structure the pinwheels are suspended from (available here), then used this pinwheel tutorial from Martha Stewart. Here are a few more images of this adorable mobile.
Stick & Origami Bird Mobile: I would have to refresh my origami skills but that shouldn't be difficult considering the vast number of websites devoted to such tutorials (see here). The natural feel of this DIY mobile gets me every time. What do you think, should I go with this option spotted over at Buy Modern Baby?
Fabric Circles Mobile: A little more traditional than the sleek, clean-lined paint stick mobile, this DIY from Sew She Sews (spotted on Design Dazzle) incorporates beading, fabric and ribbon. Of course I'd amend the colors and fabrics to suit our space, but this option definitely incorporates the most color and texture of all my favorites.
Join me as I transform a 100 sq. ft. room into a cozy nursery.
Nesting a Nursery series:
• Designing Our Baby's Room from Scratch
• My Nursery Planning Tools
• What Are Your Nursery Must-Haves?
• Using Online Inspiration To Help Define Your Nursery Style
• What Are Your Best Tips for Nursery Organization?
• Inspirations & Samples: A Modern Nursery
• Is a Rocker or Glider a Nursery Necessity?
• Horse Before the Cart: Start Your Nursery Design with Space Planning
• 10 Inspiring Patterned & Papered Nurseries
• Mixing High-Quality & Budget-Friendly Furnishings in Our Nursery
• Book Showers & Other Creative Ideas for Baby Showers
• Nursery Nevers: Products You'd Never Purchase Again
• Our Nursery's Artwork: Mixing New & Old
(Images: 1. Dana/House Tweaking 2. Britt/Gus & Lulu 3. Flickr user emmaliz via Buy Modern Baby 4. Sew She Sews)