You've seen DIY art projects on Apartment Therapy before, and you've probably seen some on Pinterest, as well. You might even have a board you've been collecting DIY art projects on for "one day." Well consider that day this weekend: Find your inner artist and DIY an art piece to display proudly in your home!
This Weekend's Assignment:
DIY an art piece to display in your home.
You don't have to be Picasso to create something that you can display as art in your home. And though we love the act of collecting canvases and prints from our favorite artists, there's something nice about making something yourself that you can gaze at and be proud of. So this weekend, do some homework to find a DIY art project you might like to try, and jump in! Find lots of ideas below:
DIY art ideas:
- The Mega List! 50 Spectacular DIY Wall Art Projects & Ideas
- 10 Impressive DIY Wall Art Projects from Our House Tours
- 10 DIY Wall Art Ideas That Anyone Can Do
- 8 DIY Art Ideas That Will Come Out So Good You’ll Want to Quit Your Day Job
- DIY Wall Art: 10 Fun & Affordable Ideas to Add Personality to a Rental
- 9 Easy DIY Art Projects from Favorite Blogs
- Large DIY Wall Art Projects for Really, Really Cheap
- DIY, 3D Art Ideas for Bold, Textured Walls!
- A Fresh (& Metallic) Take On Paint Chip Art
- DIY Project Idea: Paint Chip Art Canvas
The thing to keep in mind through every step of this process — from choosing a project to actually beginning one —is that you're not Picasso and that's OK. No one's expecting you to put this in a gallery or be perfect. So try to enjoy the process, and don't worry too much about the final result as you work. You never know, you might discover a hidden art talent you didn't know you had.
Remember, as with all of our Weekend Projects, just do what you have the time and energy to do! Don't take on a giant wall-sized canvas if you've got a lot of plans this weekend. But even a few hours is enough to get started on something great!
→ Find all of our Weekend Projects in one convenient place.