Name: Thomas (4) and Greg (3)
Location: Mobile, Alabama
This room was originally sunny yellow, and a very big room to boot. It was a lot of space to fill but we decided to paint it a shade of white and use the objects in the room to bring life and color to the space.
I had seen teepees online before and thought that it would be the perfect thing to eat up a lot of floor space until the boys are a little bigger and we can get them a queen bed (instead of the little twin they currently share). There is one large wall that I struggled with what to do with, and finally decided to use the space for the kid's art display and backpack/bath towel hanging.
While its probably not the exact space I would've designed given a much larger amount of money, we are happy with how it turned out on such a tight budget. We used creative thinking and already-owned items to turn their room into a sweet place for them to sleep and play.
- 'Polar Bear' paint: Behr (about $33/gallon)
- Teepee supplies cost about $16: The Home Depot
- Owl drawer pull-turned-curtain tie back: Hobby Lobby ($3, after 40% off coupon)
- US map poster: Amazon (3 when I bought it)
- Everything else: Craigslist, thrift stores, estate sales or trash piles :)
Thanks Catherine! Readers, find Catherine at Azalea Street Designs.