It takes a killer eye to make a modern home shine: Too much midcentury or minimalism and your living room feels like a museum; not enough and the look just doesn't gel. That's why we love these readers' house tours—they each put their own spin on modern decor, and the results are contemporary houses that still feel like homes.
1. Natalie & Seth's Organic Modern Home. This architect and floral-designer couple balance sharp lines and crisp touches with earthy sensibility.
2. Jevon's Transformed Condo. This home's lovingly restored midcentury details include polished concrete floors and a bold orange Caesarstone countertop.
3. Chris & Roger's DIY + Modern Farmhouse. We're obsessed with the mix of fresh contemporary pieces (think Eames rocking chair) and funky rustic touches (hello, taxidermy!).
4. Allison Burke's Modern Mix. Good luck not falling in love with the spot-on mix of color, texture and print in this kitchen.
5. Jesse's Modern Bachelor Bad. A well-curated collection of accents make this clean, masculine space feel textured and warm.
6. Zach and Rachel's Evolving San Diego Loft. In cool tones and tactile touches, this mod living room is the epitome of downtown, lived-in style.
7. Monique Lavie's Minimal and Modern. Don't miss the centerpiece of this minimalist living space: a Knoll sofa brightly reupholstered with new Knoll fabric.
8. Tim's Urban Desert Light Box. This meticulously appointed period home's artistic pedigree—its owner is the director of the Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art—is on beautiful display.
Add a punch of modern style and function to your home with Dyson!
We teamed up with our friends at Dyson to bring you the most modern and high-tech of our house tours. Stay tuned for the whole series!