Look around your home office. Do you notice a lot of unused blank walls? Don't let that valuable space go to waste, consider moving things from the floor to the wall. When working within a small space, any little gain here or there can make a huge difference. Here are three tips to use the walls from your desks to your monitors and your storage.
Mount your monitor on your wall: Gain back precious desk space by mounting your monitor on the wall. This not only clears up the clutter in your workspace but also allows you to use a much more shallow desk, and as we all know anything helps when we've got a small space to work with.
MORE WALL MOUNTED MONITORS ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• 5 Types of Wall Mounted Monitor Setups
• Regain Desk Real Estate by Wall Mounting Your Monitor
• Get This Look: IKEA With Wall Mounted Monitor
Mount your desk on your wall: Getting your desk up off the floor and onto the wall saves quite a bit of floor space and works especially well with a wall mounted monitor. A flip out drawer creates more space when you need it and tucks away neatly when you don't, not to mention hides your mess.
Use vertical wall space for extra storage: Empty walls aren't just for hanging pretty pictures. Ditch that big bulky file cabinet and take advantage of all that free wall space to store all of your stuff, keeping your limited ground space clear.
MORE TINY OFFICES ON APARTMENT THERAPY
• The Best of Small Cool Home Offices and Workspaces
• Unexpected Places to Fit a Home Office
• 12 Tech Helpers for Teeny, Tiny Offices
• Roomark: Kathryn's Tiny Home Office
• Fitting a Home Office In Your Small Space
• Rebecca's Loving Living Small Home Office