This giveaway is open until 5pm today. Lauri Ward, author of the new book, Downsizing Your Home with Style: Living Well In a Smaller Space, is joining up with us to give away a one room makeover consultation to the most eloquent reader in need of help. We're also giving away 20 copies of her new book.
So, if you've ever wanted free advice from a pro, here's your chance.
Want her to help you SAVE one room? Want to check out Lauri's new book? Then read on below...
Here's the scoop. We're looking for one person who will work with Lauri's advice and make big changes to their room so that we can post your "before" and "after" pics on the site and feature this process.
That means you have to have a room desperately in need of help that you are willing to work on THIS MONTH. Hello, that means a little work is on your TO DO list in the next four weeks and this isn't for the squeamish. And we want to hear back from you, dahling....
So, if this is YOU, please follow these instructions:
1. Take a good picture of the room in question
2. Upload it to your favorite photo sharing site
3. Put the link to the pic in your comment below
4. And tell us about this room and why you'd REALLY benefit from Lauri's help (200 words max)
Comments and submissions will be open until Monday at 5pm, November 5th.
The first twenty folks who submit will get a copy of Lauri's new book, Downsizing Your Home with Style: Living Well In a Smaller Space, and we'll start reading through your submissions along with Lauri that week.
We'll notify the winner by the following Monday, November 12th (Lauri's on book tour so we're taking it slow and giving her time to read everything) and then:
1. Lauri will call you to set up a phone consulation and, yes, she'll need 5 to 10 more pics beforehand.
2. Lauri and you will have a 30 minute consultation the week of November 12th.
3. You go to WORK - you have two weeks....
4. Finally we'll post your before and after pics along along with Lauri's recommendations (which she'll send us) on Thursday, November 29th.
Sound good??? Then have at it and pound us with pics and comments below.
Thanks to everyone who jumps in!