Using this humble fabric for decorative items other than mattresses is not a recent phenomenon — the decorating maven, Sister Parish, apparently began this craze in the 1940s when she used ticking fabric for upholstery. There must be a reason that the ticking fabric trend has stuck around. Here are some decorative items that use ticking fabric and if you're inspired to use the fabric to craft your own project, we've found a source for the inexpensive casual fabric...
• 1 Flying Swallow Brown Ticking Stripe Pillow from etsy seller White Twig, $28
• 2 Square pillow/cushion cover from etsy seller cousette, $30
• 3 Carved wood chair covered in antique ticking from Trouver Antiques, £100 (on sale)
• 4 aegean bedlinen from Toast, £11-62
• 5 Ticking Stripe Blanket from Brahms Mount, $102-124
• 6 Ticking Stripe Percale Sheet Set from L.L. Bean, $79-109
• 7 Reversible Modern Bedspread made from Vintage Ticking Fabric by etsy seller Ouno, $295
• 8 Ticking Stripes Insulated Roll-Up Shade, $39-50
• 9 Nimes Ticking Woven Cotton Rug by Dash and Albert, $28-385
• 10 Ticking fabric to make your own pillows, napkins or tablecloths! from Period Fabrics, $5 per yard
Period Fabrics and Trouver Antiques discovered via Katy Elliott.